Naruto Mafia - Game Over

eclipse

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Elieson, note how I didn't say Mancer was playing in a townie way, I said I was putting him at the top of my neutral list because of Eclipse's tendency to not make new players scum. And why exactly do I deserve to be shot in the face for this? Why would scum think like this?

I guess I should clarify that you might not be scum, you might just be town, attempting to hunt for scum in a horrible way (by assuming that the host gives a fuck about player experience, and staged the game as such). Let me ask you. Assuming that Eclipse RNG'd all players to roles, would you have a different opinion of him then? Because your entire argument on him is sorely lacking if that's your leading logic as to why he is whatever alignment you think he is.

I will apologize for my claim though; I didn't think it through fully. I just thought it would be better to get my claim out, since I didn't think I'd be back before phase end.

And you still had what reason to claim before phase end? You weren't in the spotlight at all. All you did was throw information out there, to confuse by giving out information that is in no way indicative of your alignment.

I found that post by Elie pretty terrible. First he says Helios was doing nothing, then he says he actually is, but doesn't say why? Instead he says what he's not doing. And then he says that Paper would look scummier if I flipped town- although I think he's scum, that doesn't make him scummier if I flip town- and you've pushed harder for my lynch than he has, I think, and I've pushed harder for yours recently than I have for Paper's. By your logic, the town should find you scummy if I flip town. Then that bit about SB was just weird- you say you still think he's scum but he's more likely to be bad town? I didn't understand it at all.

This is a good one; this is where you put words in my mouth, and try to make me look bad. Let's break down what I said about everyone, one at a time.

Of BBM and Paperbrad, one is scum, I suspect, but not both. It's a gut feeling really, but I have to at least say that. I could say that if BBM flipped scum after a lynch tomorrow, then Paperblade is pretty clear. However, if BBM flipped town after a lynch tomorrow, then Paperblade would look...well, not so town, now would he.

Since when does "not so town" = scummier? You seem to be grasping here, because all I said is that he would look not so town, meaning not obvtown, but more like "Probably town", which implies a balance between neutrality and town, not scum and town. And you also seem to be assuming that I've pushed hard for your lynch. Aside from my colorcoded post, I don't think I've really even cast suspicion on you. I've insulted your scumhunting because it's not good scumhunting, and I've insulted your logic because it's flawed. I haven't been pushing you as scum for very long, because I haven't had overly huge suspicions that you were scum. I just assumed you were town struggling to piece together cases (like others assume I'm doing, see people calling me grasping). I know I haven't voted you, and up until a short time ago, didn't even say I would.

Helios and Haze aren't doing anythingHaze is flipped living town so poor scumhuntin aside, I can't lynch him. My case on helios is virtually identical to my case on Hazeand since Haze was proven town, I'm pretty botched for using that same logic to call Helios scum.

Actually, Helios is now doing something. He's not voting for Manix/Marth, and ironically, even though he's voting for me, I see him as the most town player in the entire game right now (next to the flipped Haze).

Haze is confirmed town, so when he does something like quickhammer at the last second, or scumhunt with bad logic, it's passable because he's got a townflip to cover his ass. I could call Haze scummy all I'd like, for barely being around on D1 and D2, but no matter what he does, (or doesn't do), he's still town. I view Helios sort of like this. Until just recently, he was pretty inactive. I had begun to assume Haze was lurkscum, but D2 gave us his innocence, and now my reads were proven wrong. I also had begun to think that Helios was lurkscum. Helios doesn't have a flip in his favor, but my concern is that I was wrong on a similar read already, so I might be again.

Next, he didn't just jump on a wagon of Marth or Manix. He voted for someone else (in this case, me). Therefore, he's not sheeping. He's looking for other players who might be scum. I'm not happy that he voted for me (who ever wants to be voted), but at least he isn't going "Oh well let's Lynch Manix like paperblade said votevotevote", or whatever. Until he did this, i viewed him as neutral-lurkscum. After he did this, my view of him flipped to town. SO, the lesson we learned today is that when doing something can be equal to not doing something else, as in Not voting for the current wagons equals actively attempting to hunt for scum.

SB: I still think was scum because of why I said before in the thread but if others are right and he just overlooked it, then I'm calling out a bad townie "scum", for the wrong reasons.

First off, look at the Day2 opener, and what flips were revealed. Then, look a bit into the future, where Haze claimed hit. I pointed out that SB seemed to know something about Shinori's death being mafia related, by not even acknowledging that Haze had claimed shot. Paper said I'm overreading it, and should look at it as if he overlooked it (which SB claimed to have done as well). So let's put out the more likely occurances. I'm right, and SB had Shinori on his mind because he and his team orchestrated a kill on Shinori, and that's all he had on his mind. This equates to scum. OR. SB overlooked the Haze-hit claim, because he's being lazytown and skimming, instead of reading and paying attention. This equates to scum or bad townie, because if he were actually trying to scumhunt, he would've read the posts of the day before posting an assumption like "shinori was hit by mafia". So, as it would seem, I am having difficulty distinguishing a player's alignment, because he's giving me either ignorance, laziness, or both, to work with.

oh my flip is going to be fun

you don't actually know if I'm telling the truth or not

I could be scum watcher

I could have actually gotten that report

I could be town watcher

the list goes on

and seeing as how you're so intent on lynching me, whatevs

Ok cool.

Manix. Thanks for playing.

I shot Haze last night. Obvlurkscum wasn't lurkscum, and my similar reads on Helios have since been fogged up.

>I could be town watcher trying to sabotage the town's efforts by getting myself lynched

yes brilliant plan

it really is

it's not like you wouldn't be able to figure out what happened anyway

Hence another reason why I pushed the SB thing. I knew Haze was shot, and it pissed me off that SB didn't even bother to notice/bring it up.

Am I that bad for doing so?

I should've claimed that I shot Haze at the beginning of the phase, when scum could easily slip up I could out that I shot Haze after a slip.

It didn't happen, but it could've. I banked on that, as opposed to having 0 plans for the day thank you.

The spotlight wasn't on me? Paper had just called for my vig shot. And yes, when you say "Paper would look...not so town", that implies "Paper would look scummier". Whatever.

Sure thing uhhh

ok Eli you should've done that when SB was acting weird. >_>

Also if Manix claimed lawyer can lawyer work on yourself? Cuz it sounds weird the way he claimed. o.O

I gave him the chance to come up with a crappy response. Then Paperblade called me out for not considering that SB could have just been Spongebob Lazypants

And BBM, is Paper's word all of a sudden the word of the God that we don't believe in?

Paper called for a vig shot, and just about everyone in the game had said that they thought I was scummy at one point or the other- I thought there was a decent chance I'd get vigged. Whatever, like I said, I didn't think it through fully.

Everything was going well. One more crap response from SB would've been great, but he lurkscum'd his way away.

GG SB, better luck next time.