Fire Emblem: Champions of Light and Shadow

Mikado

YES I know it's TOO early, but hey, I'm impatient. >:P

Hi all, I think you all know me by now. You may love me, you may hate me, but ever since Arch announced "The Legend of Marth" I've been dying to make this hack. :P

Now you might be thinking...

"Aww... Why are you remaking this?! It's already a great remake!"

and to tell you the truth, it's not. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy FE12(Well, only a little) but the game had some flaws and I can safely say that FE12 was rushed. The My Unit feature felt bland, The plot could use some more twists, the support system sucked so bad, and don't get me started on Katarina... So my goal is to tweak the flaws New Mystery has and maybe even tweak the plot a bit and possibly balance the characters and more.

"Okay, Now show me stuff!"

Well, I don't have any... The thing is... I haven't hacked the ROM yet, and as you can see it's in the development stage. Although there's a reason to it. I CAN'T MAKE MAP/SPRITES/WRITE STUFF etc. and this is where YOU come in to contribute. As hacking goes, I'm no Arch or Cam, but I can make something decent in my downtime(If I'm not lazy). Though my biggest weakness is making that pixelated art stuff. Oh, and some help with the script because I find it difficult at times to write stuff. So if you want to help me out with this project and get credited, that would really help me. :)

So yeah, I need maps and sprites. Animations can wait for now. I might make a request topic soon.

I would tell you my plans for the project, but my head hurts from all this writing. xP

Katarina is actually a really well-developed character :/ I'd even argue than she's more well developed than Hardin, who only appears in like... two chapters?

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy FE12(Well, only a little) but the game had some flaws and I can safely say that FE12 was rushed. The My Unit feature felt bland, The plot could use some more twists, the support system sucked so bad, and don't get me started on Katarina... So my goal is to tweak the flaws New Mystery has and maybe even tweak the plot a bit and possibly balance the characters and more.

You're trolling right

hmn

well if you really are a decent hacker i guess i could make maps i'm not that good and i cant get mountains to work, but i do okay or you can find someone more competent or learn to map yourself its not hard and it would alow you to give screenshots so we know you are competent

ok

This project is entirely without purpose and insanely ambitious, you don't seem to have any skills in hacking whatsoever and frankly, you're the very last person on the forums I'd expect to follow through on this.

gl;yni

Edited by Minor Baldo

This can only end well.

Really, don't be that ambitious if you know you need the help of people so much. Do you, at the very least, understand the differences between the GBA FEs and FE12 and how to work around them to go for something that you could consider a remake?

I'd be a little more prone to believe you if this was an FE3 book 2 remake, and even then, if you want to be a project leader, you've got to be able to do more on your own.

Not to add to the generally negative reaction, but I don't see a point in remaking what's already a very good game. If you're going to do it, do it, but don't expect people to share the same fervent feelings as you do in trying to do so... I and many others, at least, likely wouldn't be interested in investing time into such a project when FE12 is generally a well-received game amongst Fire Emblem fans (and let's be honest, most people who play Fire Emblem hacks are Fire Emblem fans XP).