Chilean Musician Mafia [Game Over]

Percivalé

Ohai Shinori. Enjoying having your vote there? So from what I see from your post you: a) agree with me on dealing with Manix like Meesh said and b) vote for me because my post seems forced.

... I don't really get what you mean by that. As it's been pointed out, scum wouldn't care one way or the other if a vivor was lynched. Care to explain how it seems forced? Or is it just a gut feeling? In which case, fine just try not to lynch based solely on gut in the end.

Moving past that, Strider had a nice little claim there (thanks for that), Manix claimed vivor, Prims voted him for being a vivor, and then pretty much everyone else agreed that not lynching a vivor is a fine thing to do. So. Not really having any reads one way or the other yet, but will keep you guys updated.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At home, with the flu. My head really isn't able to even grasp the majority of the conversation going on. I can't actually understand anything past the Survivor babble.

Discussing third party is useless right now. We have nothing to go on, and for the time being, it's not likely to get scum lynched if we're ITPhunting instead of scumhunting.

ugh, it's not like we can't go and change our votes to Manix towards the end of the day if we manage to somehow not have any scumreads anyway. Am I the only one that feels this way again?

##Vote Elieson (*Turbolynch gogogo*)

##Vote Boron

Just a quick response to Mesesh, the FoS before you responded doesn't even matter. It was originally just supposed to be connected with my first post, I just have a habit of making multiple posts when it could have been one post. Live with it, I'll read the rest of your post shortly.

But frankly at a first glance, you seem really defensive for no reason. Like overly so.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Meesh

I kinda suspect that Manix and Prims could be scumbuddies, honestly. Also I don't like Shinori's accusation of Meesh or him saying we shouldn't be talking about basically the only thing that had happened at the time.

##Vote: Shinori

Are we...leaving the RVS stage of the game...ALREADY?!?!?!

##Vote Prims

Are you scum trying to waste a day phase focusing on the claimed vivor in order to buy time for you and your scumbuddies to do shenanigans (y/n)?

In Manix's defense though, when HE was ITP in Trainwreck he had least had the intention of helping town (though failed miserably).

Elieson is currently the most protown because he realizes Boron is a policy lynch. In all seriousness, feel better Elie!

I also find it kinda strange that Scorri practically talked Shinori out of voting her in one post but it's probably not really a big deal.

Well if I'm town I'll be dead by tomorrow

I think it was more that Shinori decided to go after Meesh more than I convinced him to stop going after me. Or, well, at least that's what I got from his posts.

I kinda suspect that Manix and Prims could be scumbuddies, honestly. Also I don't like Shinori's accusation of Meesh or him saying we shouldn't be talking about basically the only thing that had happened at the time.

##Vote: Shinori

So you are saying we should be speculating over whether we should lynch a survivor or not? We don't know if he is a survivor we don't know if he's lying I guess we shoujld talk about all of the crazy amount of possibilities that could happen. Role speculation and all that is obviously what we should be talking about in this game, right Kay?

And helios it's more what scorri said. I only had a wierd gut feeling on Scorri but Meesh is seeming really defensive.

Ehehe, already the FoS without giving me a chance to respond to your question? Unless that was all rhetorical and you don't actually much care how I respond. >.>

Already responded to this.

No, perhaps "dismiss" wasn't the best word choice the way I used it; what I meant by "dismissing the issue at hand" is essentially that you're saying, like you've just said in the last post I have quoted (in case you post again while I'm typing), that the whole thing is dumb and we should just ignore it and look elsewhere. That in itself isn't scummy, but then I never said it was. It was your post as a whole I didn't like.

I didn't quite understand this part, I'm a little slow, I apologize.

I didn't like the manner in which you gave your town read. There was nothing to back up why you think Prims is town, or at least why you think he's probably not scum. That was a ping to me. Then you said pretty much my thoughts on the whole "whether or not to lynch a survivor D1" thing; fair enough. You want to look somewhere more productive. I thought your reason for picking Scorri was weak and kind of out there, though.

Meta + I don't see scum acting that way makes me think he is more inclined to be town at the moment. It's just early D1 town read. Already stated the scorri vote was a gut read and was for reactions. Do you have something against me voting someone for a reaction from people?

So, on the whole, it came off to me like trying to sweep the discussion under the rug and to direct attention elsewhere (anywhere else). Just didn't get a good vibe from it.

I'm sorry that I tried to get town to talk about something more beneficial than if we should lynch a survivor or not.

"And how could I have echod her when my thoughts came out with more than just feelings on if manix should be lynched or not. It even included a town read!" <--that's a bad bit of reading you did there; I specifically said you basically echoed what she said in regards to the whole "lynch manix or don't lynch manix" issue. Not that your entire post was a total echo of Scorri's.

Then I guess a lot of people were just echoing other people's thoughts on this situation. That logic doesn't seem good.

And I'm fine with not wasting tons of time discussing whether or not to lynch the survivor, but obviously people have varying opinions and any discussion is good discussion to a certain point, so why try to stifle it?

If you agree it's a waste of time then why talk about it?

Responses above in bold.

Wheee playing without meta is so fun, haha laugh.gif

Not a super in-depth response because I'm not putting superb effort into this atm (yay for taking breaks), but here:

/Meesh uses smileys and emoticons when a statement is more lighthearted, and by the way "ehehe" is laughter --> Dunno how defensive it is to make a half-joking comment about your FoS and not waiting for me to respond (timestamps, people), so I'm very interested in how you're basically taking that and running really far with it like it's the golden ticket to "I found scum" land.

Particularly since you claim to only be skimming some bits and "I'll get to it later" and "on first glance this or that" but you're still acting as though what you get from only half-paying attention is solid enough to go on. If that's the case, why say you're skimming at all? The only need for that I can see is that you want an out in case you start getting pressure for going after me. "Well, okay, I see what you guys mean, now that I've had a chance to read a little more closely."

And if you really honestly are just kinda half-paying attention, feel free not to make serious contributions until you're a little more sure of what's going on. I could glance at someone's post and see "I'm scum" and be all "OMG THEY'RE SCUM WHAT" when in reality they said "People think I'm scum for some reason."

It really just seems like an excuse to fling dirt without having to substantiate your claims.

Finalmente, explanation =/= defensiveness (in case that needed saying >.>)

Ehehe, already the FoS without giving me a chance to respond to your question? Unless that was all rhetorical and you don't actually much care how I respond. >.>

Already responded to this.

Yup, and what I said previously stands--dunno how you're getting "uptight" out of "ehehe" and ">.>"

Then again, y'all ain't never played with me as me before so there's that I s'pose

No, perhaps "dismiss" wasn't the best word choice the way I used it; what I meant by "dismissing the issue at hand" is essentially that you're saying, like you've just said in the last post I have quoted (in case you post again while I'm typing), that the whole thing is dumb and we should just ignore it and look elsewhere. That in itself isn't scummy, but then I never said it was. It was your post as a whole I didn't like.

I didn't quite understand this part, I'm a little slow, I apologize.

Sorry; are you saying you didn't understand before and you do now, or that you still don't understand what I'm saying? /honest question

I didn't like the manner in which you gave your town read. There was nothing to back up why you think Prims is town, or at least why you think he's probably not scum. That was a ping to me. Then you said pretty much my thoughts on the whole "whether or not to lynch a survivor D1" thing; fair enough. You want to look somewhere more productive. I thought your reason for picking Scorri was weak and kind of out there, though.

Meta + I don't see scum acting that way makes me think he is more inclined to be town at the moment. It's just early D1 town read. Already stated the scorri vote was a gut read and was for reactions. Do you have something against me voting someone for a reaction from people?

Meta = fair enough, you know Prims and I don't

Don't see scum acting that way = fair enough

You stated your vote on scorri was a gut read and for reactions AFTER I posted this, so don't act like I was ignoring that fact, please. I'm not exactly psychic. Last I checked.

Also, you're kind of overreacting with the last sentence. Either because you're trying to go on the offensive for some bad reason, or because you're falling into the trap that I've fallen into before: doing something to provoke reactions and then griping when you get them. I've thrown a third vote on someone with no explanation on D1 when everyone's still screwing around just to start people talking and to get things moving, and then I usually ended up being all pissed off when everyone started jumping on me, even though that was the point. XD

Anyway.

So, on the whole, it came off to me like trying to sweep the discussion under the rug and to direct attention elsewhere (anywhere else). Just didn't get a good vibe from it.

I'm sorry that I tried to get town to talk about something more beneficial than if we should lynch a survivor or not.

Oh good lord, the snark. I'm allowed to have vibes and gut reads as much as the next person, right? Often the manner of someone's posting is more important than the actual statements they give. I didn't like how you did all that. I already said that there's nothing wrong with the sentiment itself.

"And how could I have echod her when my thoughts came out with more than just feelings on if manix should be lynched or not. It even included a town read!" <--that's a bad bit of reading you did there; I specifically said you basically echoed what she said in regards to the whole "lynch manix or don't lynch manix" issue. Not that your entire post was a total echo of Scorri's.

Then I guess a lot of people were just echoing other people's thoughts on this situation. That logic doesn't seem good.

Herp derp, really. You're making it out like my main point was something other than what it was. I said, to paraphrase: "You vote scorri because that post seems scummy. In that post Scorri said what you're saying now. I don't get how you find her scummy then."

And I'm fine with not wasting tons of time discussing whether or not to lynch the survivor, but obviously people have varying opinions and any discussion is good discussion to a certain point, so why try to stifle it?

If you agree it's a waste of time then why talk about it?

Didn't say it was a waste of time. I said we don't need to waste tons of time, which we haven't, and that any discussion is good discussion. To a point. If we are still talking about survivors and third-parties 2 hours before the end of D1, then it's obviously long-since stopped being helpful. And if we start role-speccing or talking setup, then yeah, past time to move on. But for now, since not everyone has weighed in and it got things started discussion-wise, I don't find it as harmful as you're making it out to be.

_______

All in all, your original post really isn't that scummy to me anymore; not that I've changed my mind about it, but my reason for leaving my vote is how you've responded to what I said.

Unrelated: I'm gonna go on record and say I don't like this board very much, formatting-wise. I'm still figuring things out but if anyone can tell me....

How can I make it so that I see code when I'm typing instead of the simple result? For example, when I'm typing I would love to see

[b]bob the builder[/b]

instead of seeing bob the builder all bolded and stuff.

And when I tried quoting Shinori, it took out the whole quote where he inserted his responses into what I'd said. Made everything a real pain. Ended up copying/pasting and had to edit all the regular html out of there as a result.

Bah. XD

I feel that your posts are larger than they need to be Meesh. That's why I said overly defensive. Your posts seem to be really big explaining why you think you aren't scum or something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just feels bad to me.

So my original post isn't scummy anymore but the way I responded to you is? So then do you think I'm scum? Like do you feel that I am most definitively scum at the moment or what?

Either way I am fine with my vote where it's at at the moment, and I still have a bad gut feeling on Scorri at the moment.

I also feel wierd about someone else in this game at the moment but I'm not stating a name for now.

The only way I know of doing that is manually typing out the code yourself.

Hmm...I can do that, worked with pseudo-html and bbcode on pretty much every other forum I've ever been to, but I guess I'm spoilt and miss the option to toggle the formatting mode that DM installed when they switched to a board like this one (RIP, SMF). laugh.gif I'll have to study out the codes that aren't the same as what I'm used to (smileys, mostly).

In the meanwhile, is there any way to quote-pyramid on these boards? Not that I want to turn it into that, but having the option of quotes-within-a-quote would make it easier to respond sometimes and I'm probably dumb but I can't figure out how.

I also feel wierd about someone else in this game at the moment but I'm not stating a name for now.

Don't like this combined with your "I'll talk later" remarks.

So you are saying we should be speculating over whether we should lynch a survivor or not? We don't know if he is a survivor we don't know if he's lying I guess we shoujld talk about all of the crazy amount of possibilities that could happen. Role speculation and all that is obviously what we should be talking about in this game, right Kay?

And helios it's more what scorri said. I only had a wierd gut feeling on Scorri but Meesh is seeming really defensive.

I'm saying we should talk. Obviously some things are better to talk about than others, but a few hours into D1 does not seem like a time to object to activity, even if it's less than ideal.

And it's not "role speculation" like, what if there's a tailor and a SK and a godfather and no doctor and we're all screwed. It's discussing the legitimacy of a specific claim, which is much less objectionable, no?

If you wanna go over claims why not talk about the miller claim as well? Want me to claim as well? We can talk about that if we want.

The thing that annoys me at the moment is that if anyone had questioned rein's miller claim or had anyone talked about rein's miller claim then it would have been seen as scummy or role speccing. It is only getting blown out of proportion over Manix's claim because he's ITP.

Also how is the fact that I don't want to out a name at the moment bad at all? Especially since I already did talk so the "I'm not talking right now" argument really isn't valid. I was busy and couldn't make many posts, live with it.

I've inserted numbers for a more streamlined response:

1. I feel that your posts are larger than they need to be Meesh. That's why I said overly defensive. Your posts seem to be really big explaining why you think you aren't scum or something. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just feels bad to me.

2. So my original post isn't scummy anymore but the way I responded to you is? So then do you think I'm scum? Like do you feel that I am most definitively scum at the moment or what?

3. Either way I am fine with my vote where it's at at the moment, and I still have a bad gut feeling on Scorri at the moment.

4. I also feel wierd about someone else in this game at the moment but I'm not stating a name for now.

1. Yes, well, again, playing without meta, here, because I'm new, but I can't change how I talk. "Concise" is not a word that I've learnt to implement into my writing style. Not unless I wrote several drafts before I posted, every single time. But who has time for that? But fair enough; can't just say "this is how I play" and expect people to up and believe me. Meta's one of those things that has to be built up over time. So I'll leave it at that.

2. Meh, I can never tell when someone's honestly having a hard time understanding me and when they have malicious intent. In this case I'll assume it's the first one. No, your original post isn't AS scummy. Had you responded differently I probably would have backed off and given it the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Initial reads can change, obviously. In itself, your post isn't the scummiest thing about you. It's how you've responded to my vote and explanations.

To answer your questions, at this moment, you're the strongest scum read I have, but I like to keep things in perspective. I like my vote on you and I like the reactions it's gotten, and I think there's a good enough chance that you're scum, but it IS day 1 and I'm not going to just be all gung-ho let's lynch Shinori no matter what happens or what he says, because that would be dumb. So my vote stands unless or until something better comes along.

3. Okey dokeys.

4. Also okey dokeys. (I thought it'd be weird to number the first two and then just leave the other two blank. >.>)

Not playing.

Unrelated: I'm gonna go on record and say I don't like this board very much, formatting-wise. I'm still figuring things out but if anyone can tell me....

How can I make it so that I see code when I'm typing instead of the simple result? For example, when I'm typing I would love to see

[b]bob the builder[/b]

instead of seeing bob the builder all bolded and stuff.

When you go to settings, you can see a checkbox for enabling RTE editor (which should be enabled for you atm). Disable that.

Can't do anything about the quote issue from what I know.

Not playing.