FE5 (blind?) playthrough

Momentai~

Thanks for your input guys. I wasn't really thinking of using the stat boosters and scrolls to 'fix' any characters. I just thought one hilariously OP unit with 10+ move and a bunch of random skills would be amusing to have control over. Even better if they're all wasted on a healer like Safy. I'll probably regret it though lol. If you guys don't wanna see that I'll just distribute them as I normally would.

If you use scrolls well you'll be cap ramming on most of your characters towards the end of the game. But it's up to you.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use scrolls well you'll be cap ramming on most of your characters towards the end of the game. But it's up to you.

Wait, no no no. Not the holy blood scrolls! I'm abusing the heck out of those. I meant the scrolls that teach skills. Like the wrath and elite scrolls. Sorry for the confusion xP

Thanks for your input guys. I wasn't really thinking of using the stat boosters and scrolls to 'fix' any characters. I just thought one hilariously OP unit with 10+ move and a bunch of random skills would be amusing to have control over. Even better if they're all wasted on a healer like Safy. I'll probably regret it though lol. If you guys don't wanna see that I'll just distribute them as I normally would.

Since the stat cap is 20 for everything, most of your unpromoted units will probably easily cap a good number of their stats with decent use of scrolls. There's a few exceptions, but I'd rather let you find that out yourself as to who they specifically are.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Wait, no no no. Not the holy blood scrolls! I'm abusing the heck out of those. I meant the scrolls that teach skills. Like the wrath and elite scrolls. Sorry for the confusion xP

Oh yea I know, I was talking about the Crusader Scrolls as something entirely different. Sorry for the confusing wording.

I think the lingo for the skill things is "Manuals" or "Books" to distinguish them.

Oh yea I know, I was talking about the Crusader Scrolls as something entirely different. Sorry for the confusing wording.

I think the lingo for the skill things is "Manuals" or "Books" to distinguish them.

Ok, I will refer to them as manuals or books from now on. It probably isn't a good idea to blow all of the skill manuals and stat boosters on one character in my first play through, so I shall reconsider. If I can't decide who to give something to, then I'll ask you guys.

Here's chapter 9!

mz0rZ.png

The team for this chapter

I'm surprised Safy is the only one fatigued.

R2dzk.png

Hey, it's Trabant! <3

His portrait looks a lot more mellow than it did in FE4.

RNPko.png

And Altenna! <333

She resembles Leaf a lot more in this game imo

42b78a73fba44f4ca0a0bee.png

Karin will make reaching those guys easy just in case the enemy decides to rush the mansion.

4811d6a20aea45dcbf2c812.png

First he hits someone with an arrow through a house, and now he can dodge meteors? WHAT WILL HE DO NEXT

9d030cb6898f407c8c699c0.png

HP, magic, skill

way to kill the hype ronan

daN6O.png

+2 HP, skill, defense

aa8858765fd54cabb513d3d.png

lol gl hf leaf

144edef777694d6d8254b54.png1b8b1d0a46924d5bbc900d9.png

The wyvern riders all went to the right to take on Mighty Mountain Mistress Makua. She took them all out with her killing edge~

The boss went after Fergus, but it's clear he's positioning himself to take out Ronan next turn.

6a9265f1fbc64895b3de5ce.png

HP, strength, magic, skill, speed, luck, defense!

scroll packrat/10

0eYiO.png

I was hoping Ronan would get to move again, but I wasn't expecting him to be able to go over the mountain. This is good, now I don't have to worry about him.

592c8a2e0f4d42639819ea2.png

Ok, everyone should be able to survive an attack from this guy for sure. They're all on thickets and they're all in range of Nanna's charisma boost. Plus they all got a scroll to negate criticals in case he comes at them with the killer lance.

L9Jqd.png

He went after Makua this time.

Xol43.png

HP, strength, skill, luck.

Capped two stats already!

gSMNA.png

Doublecast o:

e91vn.png

HP, magic, skill, speed, luck, build, and a point of movement!

h20kJ.png

HP, skill, and speed? I saw 21 for a second, then it reverted back to 20.

fcWn5.png

HP, speed, build, and a point of movement!

lol10moveunpromoted

5d8e343048ce4f06ac86429.png

Nice, a cure for fatigue! I purchased two more of them at the shop. I'll save them up.

XTstp.png

HP, luck, build

1703a31c9dbf4ebd94963a2.png

Magic, build

I like that defense is once again your lowest stat even though I gave you the defense ring.

6zZQw.png

So it appears that most of the mothers survived the Battle of Barhara. No word on Aira and Briggid though. There's also no word on any of the potential fathers aside from Levin and Fin.

cFuAz.png

Once you go glade candles you never go handles? idk

That was terrible. xD

SY0WD.png

Maybe he's just straight for Lachesis and he's gay for everything else.

3097b13bf99f4c71bd07be2.pngWseiL.png

"It's complicated."

278863c93a994407b46f3c6.png

Leaf successfully exits, putting an end to this chapter.

4011ba9d5a5f49c29b2d764.png

Old men make the best meat shields. You've done enough of that so you can go into an early retirement.

0kLKG.png

With pleasure!

Tezhz.png

All of 0.

Oops, looks like Leaf and co wiped the map clean. Sorry princess.

ecf246e90fa549d99113cb7.png

Leaf and his troops slaughter an entire battalion and all it takes is a single note to make it better.

Thanks for saving everyone again Hannibal~

edit:

I updated the poll. This time it's for the leg ring.

Edited by Momentai~

Are there any characters that have lolwut recruitment criteria like Stefan in FE9/10 (i.e. it'd be nigh impossible to recruit them unless you have knowledge of them beforehand)?

Well...there is one character that will require for you to wanting to ignore completely.

edit:

Oh ya, and are there any translation patches that have english text status screens?

rmXxq.png

There really haven't been any that resolve that issue, but I wouldn't worry about it.

There's a couple of ridiculous-to-recruit characters aside from the infamous chapter 18 one:

If you choose to take the A Route (you'll go there if you follow Dorias' advice in chapter 15), there's one character in chapter 16A who requires one of your party members to be dead before he can be recruited, however no story reason is given for this so you should look it up if you plan on choosing between them.

Well...for sake of keeping this character safe. If you want this character in 17A, then you'll not want to visit Chapter 11x, or not recruit the character if you are there.

In chapter 17A, there's another kind of stupid recruitment that you probably won't be able to figure out on your own.

As said here. He'll want to read about how to recruit this character when he gets there.

The tips are much appreciated, people~

Here's chapter 1:

7wx4X.png

FinxLachesis is canon <3

Which means that LTC isn't canon

Yeah, that multi timing bish has add it again. Even on her brother. x.x

357556f750e64121a9375f3.png

53 evade and 28 critical rate this early in the game? Wow.

Nothing to get excited about when the game throws very very hard enemies at a much earlier time in the game.

f254fc0102b44567b60b394.png

Is this some kind of joke? Why does this guy have so much critical, evasion, and hit with skill and speed at 0? This game makes no sense. I don't think I've even seen civilians with 0 skill and speed.

Don't be fooled. Slap on the Sety and Odo scrolls, Wrath Manual along with maybe a Speed Ring and he'll get wonderful in no time at all. And he is much better than Dadgar.

P21jO.png

I don't understand. The woman said magic ring. Did she mean it raises magic or that it has magical properties? Well, I'll just dump it on Leaf and see what happens.

Better dump it on him. It is absolutely recommended especially for the early portion of the game!

Y09XK.png

I like that the best weapons have more uses than the basic ones. I hope this trend continues.

Use that for capturing. And I wouldn't get excited long enough.

leaf's light sword is a vulnerary upon use

He definitely saves alot on resources.

Does ambush have any impact on critical rate?

No.

Here's chapter 2 and chapter 2x:

efb7590d4985476995be828.png

He gained HP, str, luck, def, and build. A great level, but he still has all those 0s. How unsightly.

Sexy. <3

9046288b430c4a7c86c29e9.png

Ah, it looks like all of the stat boosters are referred to as 'magic rings'. I'm not really sure who I should give this to...

Dadgar or Marty.

Chapter 2x:

d5adffe5061b4d46bcf806d.pngvigE4.pngc3ef03c8a4084ab19e84201.png

Lifis just can't resist touching clerics without permission.

At least his characteristics is like someone else that you probably know. xP

BdsyK.png

The shops in chapter 1 and chapter 2 didn't have any torches. Where am I supposed to get them from? ;-;

From a Warrior at the start of the Map. Though capturing him for it really isn't worth the trouble when this mission is timed. Take too long and Shiva will come to cut you to ribbons.

0a3d8afd8d414103910e699.png

That explains why she didn't even enter combat with him.

She could off him with the flick of her finger.

8TDDm.pngbbecb653411e461e9c2b2f0.png

>implying leaf is doing any capturing

He'll have no choice but to give in. Since he isn't armed.

Those chapters were pretty quick and uneventful. I can only imagine how brutal the game must get to make up for this lull.

Let's not discuss that. xD

The Hezul scroll (and the other scrolls) prevent you from being crit but also change your growth rates while held, giving growths in some stats and taking away from others (sometimes). However they are always a net positive so you should aim to have scrolls on people when they level up.

This is especially important to know as it'll cutdown on some of the fustration as well as it is recommended if you plan to use the arena.

Here's chapter 3 and 4!

Chapter 3:

HKBp1.pngMK9dY.png

I don't think he's capable of either of those things, but I'll just have to wait and see.

lol

c9cb63e5e5864f38874dbfd.png

HP, strength, skill, luck, build. He's still being doubled by generic soldiers though.

Don't give up on him. Errgh..if only those scrolls were available now.

GlAcD.png

lol, I like that equipped weapons can be stolen in this game.

Thieves are the most important units in the game. They are what will keep your resources going without having to waste good weapons for capturing.

because he was holding Nanna hostage.

Your highness. Well save you. =3

Chapter 4:

b1c50f52bb5840a4bc4c488.png

I love this image. It's so deliciously eerie.

Ahhh! Don't steal my soul. D=

Does that mean that Nanna is petrified too and whatever happens to Eyvel happens to Nanna?

She will be freed from Eyvel's grip putting her in danger of whatever enemies that are nearby there that is only going to put her to her doom.

Chapter 4x and 5

PGG8F.png

Together again~

Yay! <33

rDb65.png

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned

Ha ha ha.

Now he will feel her wrath. =D

kBTs8.png

The triforce o:

o7vcp.png

Welp

That went south quickly.

Marita is gone and Eyvel is a statue. At least Nanna is still here (and not with Eyvel this time) xP

Of Doom.

352394216581431981eab23.png

Since Fin is her dad I'm guessing she has a crappy magic growth.

Ouu...the mighty have fallen. -.-

vL5YY.pnggnXyv.png

But how? ;-;

=(

I have another problem! I rescue dropped Safy in front of Shiva, thinking she'd be safe because he didn't attack anyone on the turn before. That resulted in this:2TPxK.png

Is there any way I can recruit him with Safy captured, or is there a way to get him to drop her so she can speak with him?

Restart and use Karin with a scroll next time to get him off of his post.

Edited by Winona

Sorry, couldn't fit this all in one reply.

Chapter 6

bWAnz.png

That'd be much appreciated. Oh yay, since everyone is outdoors now, some people can get on their mounts~

Thank you!

2lkKY.png

guj1N.png

Just as I was about to give Dashin the speed ring...

A challenger appears!

Who is mincemeat without good babying.

UKJZ0.pngta6hx.png

What a rip-off! How do they expect me to buy weapons at these outrageous prices?! This game really does encourage kidnapping and stealing!

Yep.

Gotta write your own rules.

aO0gb.png

That child's name was actually Boy? Really? xD

It is a pleasure, your highness. ^-^

EK6Fs.png

Hmmm...

I don't know who I should give the elite scroll to.

Karin, Carrion, just anyone. Give it to your most favorite unit.

KRRFl.png2a569713df604ec985862b7.pngosezx.png

They must be related then o:

=3

Chapter 7:

Zz5Sz.png

Hey, it's you! You did come back <3

=3

mPVuQ.png

And you guys came back too <3

Sure you can, Finn. You've protected Leaf all his life. =3

9VvD6.png

I don't even know. I kinda just wanted to clear my inventory lol. Plus she's one of my lower levelled units so...

Good choice. =3

Jt2fL.png

Certainly not you taking her equipment and running off with her

A diamond, Shiva.

08c5j.png

I didn't realize there was an arena down there until the woman in the house just above said so. xP

And they're dangerous in this game.

oswOZ.png

LOL. Enemy dancers? What are they doing in the arena?

Not exactly dancers that would want to woo men with their makeup and looks. =P

5d9961798047494c96bd8b4.png

Lugh Faris

Horrible name.

Could be a translation error.

Or that could be his middle and last names.

SLOu1.png

Le?

Translation bug. Pay it to no mind.

Chapter 8 and 8x!

FsX5G.png

Sure, why not?

TGBkO.png

It seems like things are looking up for Leaf.

C5fAB.png

It's always a pleasure to have you with us.

QpUMO.png

Time to save them next~

Oh boy, I never look forward to battling him.

Chapter 8x:

HP, skill, speed, defense

Othin is amazing. I am not exaggerating when I say that he ALWAYS criticals at least once per battle.

cpz9g.png

With 3 PCC (Pursuit Coeffeciant) and with Pugi giving off 30 crit instantly, I'm not surprised.

I didn't saw anyone saying it before,

but if you finish chapter 12 in less than 20 turns, you can access chapter 12x.

In this chapter, one of your character can become a dancer, but only if she talk to a certain someone first...

It's your only dancer, so you may want to look out for this.

That is a chapter that is recommended to go to. Don't miss it!

Stat caps are low and you'll find later that character strength is really not the limiting factor in this game.

Which is why that you should promote characters at 10-13 in this game.

You've probably gotten a taste of this already where you have guys like Othin that can oneround almost anyone, but the game still finds ways to throw moderately challenging scenarios at you.

Yep. As I said before. This game will get really evil on you soon.

For example if you decide to use Olwen later, Ambush is super good on her, but if you don't you may want it on someone else that can deal a lot of damage quickly (like Shiva or someone).

She's the better choice than someone you get later that is of her class.

Good thing you're not using Carrion, he's boring.

Makes other cavys obsolete. =)

Also, your Leaf looks pretty solid for now, I doubt he'll need more statboosters, since he still won't be very good. I'd say dump everything on Dagda (exception of magic/build rings), since scrolls can greatly help the rest of the characters and Dagda can contribute well enough just with his base stats + boosters. You'd probably want to spread out the skill books, though.

Marty could use some of those too if you plan to use him.

I'm already using Dalsin, so I might have him as an indoor lance user if I get him to promote.

I'll leave carrion to the vultures.

Haha, just kidding.

Hmm. The limit for the poll was 20 options and I had 21 units, so I cut out the highest and lowest level person in my party at the time. I already have quite a few mounted units, so Carrion doesn't really pique my interest, but I may try him out one time just to mix it up.

A MUST!

Since the stat cap is 20 for everything, most of your unpromoted units will probably easily cap a good number of their stats with decent use of scrolls.

Said before. Promote them at 10-13. You also want to get more time to build up their secondary weapon level. Since it usually starts at E level.

If I can't decide who to give something to, then I'll ask you guys.

Sure.

Here's chapter 9!

4811d6a20aea45dcbf2c812.png

First he hits someone with an arrow through a house, and now he can dodge meteors? WHAT WILL HE DO NEXT

Great balls ol' fire. =o

gSMNA.png

Doublecast o:

lol rl xD

A dream that Luke will never get. (FE12 translation Chapter 4)

5d8e343048ce4f06ac86429.png

Nice, a cure for fatigue! I purchased two more of them at the shop. I'll save them up.

Be sure to save some for chapters that you might need to bring in characters to recruit someone else and needing to bring them in the hardest/final chapters.

SY0WD.png

Maybe he's just straight for Lachesis and he's gay for everything else.

=3

Edited by Winona

Sorry, couldn't fit this all in one reply.

No problem. That in depth reply was much appreciated!

Chapter 10:

RQwcf.png

The team

Havan is coming too. He's cut off the screen.

dby2L.png

Oh cool, he gained another authority star. Are they story line related or do they come as Leaf levels up?

1CEaS.pngYuExt.png

unrequited rivalry~

OEzk8.png

Critical on pursuit attack. Why not give it to someone who's fast and always doubles but is a little on the weak side?

0dtJl.png

Speed, luck, defense, build

ku6ND.png

He has 0 luck, so I guess he can get it.

Tlnt7.pngwdSNX.png

Olwen joins the battle with a very nice tome. I can see why ambush would be recommended; her weapon strikes twice.

07cf38172a9b40fca3e2abb.png

Strength, magic, speed

Oh, she loses speed upon being dismounted. That explains why she is still gaining speed even when she has capped it while mounted.

BjCDF.png

HP, skill, speed

h5F36.png

That more than makes up for missing, Safy!

RFFEI.png

This probably isn't a good idea.

65193356f848482a8ddc972.png

And that effectively ends Nanna's short stint in the arena.

xq1AN.png

HP, luck, build, some extra money.

y9XbH.png

I am going to do dirty things to you to get those items.

hVMnV.png

Hammer time!

agCTL.png

HP, strength, speed, defense

BY82I.png

>.>

qy7gd.png

That's a surprising amount of accuracy considering Lifis is on a mountain.

Uumjg.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgsDV2mDtAc

jVQC1.png

Thankfully he didn't activate continue. xP

I am loving wrath on Karin. She's now able to one round a lot more things because of it.

f8Iny.png

HE GOT TO MOVE AGAIN

LMFAO, FML

e617dc1d6745498fbd7e0f6.png

Let's have a moment of silence for all the staves and items that have been lost.

d44af53a73f742f983a8056.png

"Only I'm allowed to capture Safy and live!"

c17504f60bc746d18e8bfc8.png

HP, strength, skill, speed, luck, defense

Maybe I should let Safy get kidnapped more often...

Jlq76.png

Welp

At least he left the most valuable staff.

zoDV0.png

Thankfully I make a habit of loading both of my healers down with staves. Safy can still stay out of the range of the ballistae and heal.

9mkDx.png

HP, strength, magic, skill, speed, build.

I don't know why she's still gaining speed.

WEkkK.png

HP, skill, speed, luck

9af785fd123e400b81bbad0.png

HP, strength

Q1Q5x.png

Magic, speed

I guess even though the stat is capped it can still grow, but it will not go over 20.

cqV0G.png

HP, strength, speed.

It's even worse knowing that after they've capped a stat, they're still gaining it. xP

qBEZu.png

HP, speed, luck, defense, build

8ae7795ddca846f7a8af8de.png

Finally. You've done more than enough gtfo

A3kfF.png

HP, skill, speed, luck

2eY6g.png

HP, strength, skill, luck

fcf5ef3aa55f4783bfb523d.png

All that strength and you still get kidnapped with ease.

ji91D.png

Why not?

rutYJ.png

Worth it~

Tcqpy.png

That was close

4G4cI.png

Critical. Best capturer.

27ddb9dbea5f479fa000cdf.png

HP, magic, defense, build

Defense and build are always good, but this level seems a bit disappointing considering I slapped 5 scrolls on him for this.

KBkSN.png

Fred is still alive. I hope I didn't mess anything up this time.

CifJb.png

Bolting mages and wyvern riders everywhere? ;-;

3d1b42ad18b84bc2b4cc460.png

Go on. Flattery will get you everywhere with me~

uxjLf.png

Mmm...

BAn99.png

Hmm...

Honor or free items and weapons?

Since the poll has no votes, I'll decide who gets the leg ring~

Edited by Momentai~

Mounted units can continue to gain stats after 20 because they lose stats when they dismount

Leaf gains leadership based on his tacticians, August and Dorias each give a leadership star when they're present

And yea take some of the character opinions in those posts lightly, Marty > Dagda and Olwen > Eyrios are pretty egregious but I may have missed some others

No problem. That in depth reply was much appreciated!

Your welcome. =)

Chapter 10:

I had to restart this after finishing the whole chapter because Fred got himself killed and I didn't realize he was a recruitable character and that he was also needed to recruit Olwen.

Both Fred and Olwen leave the map after a few turns. If you can, steal the Dime Thunder tome if your recruiting Olwen, so that she gets two instead of one when she joins you.

RQwcf.png

The team

Havan is coming too. He's cut off the screen.

65193356f848482a8ddc972.png

And that effectively ends Nanna's short stint in the arena.

xq1AN.png

HP, luck, build, some extra money.

<3

y9XbH.png

I am going to do dirty things to you to get those items.

I wouldn't bother. It takes pure luck just to even get to the villages in time. Much less they will run away after you've secure the villages. It's possible to capture them, but in a way that your not likely going to ever capture them.

agCTL.png

HP, strength, speed, defense

BY82I.png

>.>

This game has alot of chapter with arches. Get used to it. They are rather overpowered than any other game in the franchise.

qy7gd.png

That's a surprising amount of accuracy considering Lifis is on a mountain.

Uumjg.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgsDV2mDtAc

jVQC1.png

Thankfully he didn't activate continue. xP

I am loving wrath on Karin. She's now able to one round a lot more things because of it.

f8Iny.png

HE GOT TO MOVE AGAIN

LMFAO, FML

e617dc1d6745498fbd7e0f6.png

Let's have a moment of silence for all the staves and items that have been lost.

I hate that damn Dracomaster. x.x

Next time, ensure that you good staves stay safe by handing them over to your armed fighter if any fliers, or enemies are nearby your healers.

Jlq76.png

Welp

At least he left the most valuable staff.

Repair is one of the few weapons in the game that cannot be stolen.

8ae7795ddca846f7a8af8de.png

Finally. You've done more than enough gtfo

Yay! <3

fcf5ef3aa55f4783bfb523d.png

All that strength and you still get kidnapped with ease.

Rather weird for someone who served in a church all her life.

ji91D.png

Why not?

Oh, can't take the Daim Thunder.

uxjLf.png

Mmm...

Sames. =)

Edited by Winona

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 11:

I had to restart this after finishing the whole chapter because Fred got himself killed and I didn't realize he was a recruitable character and that he was also needed to recruit Olwen.

The first part of chapter 11 disappeared because I have to do this in wordpad and I forgot to save before I went out. When I got back I found that my laptop decided to install updates and restart. So bye bye anything unsaved on wordpad!

Actually it wasn't even that much; chrome reopened my last browsing session and I was able to recover most of the screenshots. The few that I missed showed the team that would accompany Leaf this chapter and Kempf using the power of asshattery to provoke Olwen into drawing her weapon on him (which got her thrown in the dungeon, and her escort looked a lot like that guy that kidnapped Safy last chapter/random). Fred arrived and called Kempf out on his unfair imprisonment of Olwen. That got Fred a ticket straight to us, which is good.

2e5d083c2d9b415097ae771.png

HP, build

wrHRl.png

I don't remember

5d968f181c1f4ca49dcc36a.png

Strength, luck, defense

49c7d3ff4ddf4098a7f4b22.png

HP, strength, skill, luck, defense

I'm not sure if he's naturally awesome or if this is the result of the 5 scrolls I slapped on him.

5FXGM.png

Safy is easy to identify with her trademark 0 defense.

bMlsH.png

wat

16b38670e65d479fa69a6f4.pngnxNjN.png

Yay!

UnnZt.png

GREEN?

Oh well, better than red. His objective is to escape to the south. Luckily Lifis is right there to pick some locks.

I'd have Lara pick some locks too but...

40e6267d864446deab53e1b.png

This x2

e80509dddec7454aad4b284.png

Whew. Leaf was the last person on my mind. When he's weighed down by that iron blade and has someone rescued, he's pretty vulnerable.

2819234fc68842dc872d89b.png

Magic, speed, luck. This is probably the weirdest fighter level gain I've ever seen.

aVHUZ.png

Another person that needs to be protected...

RwIAv.png

Move again? Great timing. One less person that needs to be rescued now.

1e1146addd37415ba6c2810.png

Or not...

jy3Og.png

Fingers crossed! Only people with 40+ evasion are allowed to be in range of both ballistae. Oh, and Dashin because he can survive both hits.

sfi0k.png

He's not in range of both of them, so I don't have to worry about anyone dying this turn.

4382706bc3154a93acc5426.png

She's a good one time use mage bait when there's a wall between her and the mages.

a3fe311e907e4a0ca90d344.png

HP, strength, defense, build

nCYOJ.pngYAW8S.png

HP, strength, skill.

And he got hit by a poison axe. I guess Shiva doesn't like having too many scrolls on him at once.

n5fPW.png

HP, strength, magic, skill, luck

Maybe Shiva just likes to contradict me...

mZ492.pnguGIJO.png

HP, strength, magic, skill, speed

65YLZ.png5HnFP.png

HP, strength, magic, skill, speed

dem scrollsssss

463e852c23bf4a97a286b9b.png

One down! Go now!

Gwymh.png

Caught it just before it went away.

HP, speed, defense.

FqlfA.png

Leaf must really want to kill this guy. He activated continue, got a critical, and he got to move again after the battle.

fc170e9176374644ab448e9.png

Yoink!

For some reason no one can capture this guy. I guess it's because he's of a mounted class.

mxxAs.png

Oh, that explains not being able to capture him and him pulling off those ridiculous dodges.

d2Vkp.png

That was a close one.

Who would have thought that two ballistae could cause so much trouble?

Edited by Momentai~

Chapter 11x:

qwA1l.png

The team. Safy is the only person forced to stay out this time.

3Qr2K.pngbf083cf82ef04b7a9273066.pnga530ef87db4742b1b323629.png

Wow, this guy is brutal.

XVnhQ.png

"Oh we're just baking cookies. The dankness of the prison cell gives them a unique flavor."

bf7b21b8d7034c58a80d620.pngQJNiN.png

People really should investigate upon hearing rumors like this...

137eecc8690c4dbea03124d.png

Gotta get there quickly.

R5N89.png

This seems a bit excessive even for fire emblem standards...

0d47dec1a4954b89b1094dc.png

Whew, I was a bit worried when I didn't see him on the first turn. I thought I had done something wrong xP

b108807241ec426fa39077e.png

After he 1hko'd 4 or 5 people I guess the enemy realized the futility of their actions and gave up.

Othin really is ridiculous.

50a5c87630de4bb8abf0395.png

2 defense? Is his armor made of marshmallows?

LzFbR.png

I guess their weapons are made of marshmallows too. It's kind of sad that Lara is the only person that has a significant chance of death. Even she is 3hko'd by this. I can't be too reckless though. There are most likely stronger enemies lurking in the darkness.

ZGymv.png

HP, speed, luck

JEPgU.png

I think he gained movement too, yes <333

Myvxs.png

Why am I not surprised? Magical bosses always have some way to do some long distance pestering.

l86AC.png

Yup, that is movement.

e44b36977dbb49d28d39b26.png

Aww come on Fred! You choose to miss THIS, the guard blocking you from Olwen? Now the boss is probably gonna use one more of that precious physic staff...

d8d5778313914691a9c2df0.png

HP, luck, defense.

kJ3nA.png

HP, strength, defense

I guess tankiness runs in the family.

qswRu.png

He gained a point of movement! I guess that runs in the family as well.

8XxO1.png

A critical hit. Holy crap that was close!

07de17c4de6a41b3a9ff541.png

HP, skill, luck, build

ZtpXd.png

HP, defense

269ec77c224b4ca58a85a08.png

HP, skill, speed, build

I have no idea what Nanna is trying to be.

uXwZu.pngZoMPV.pngcE2Qk.png

Welcome aboard Olwen!

edca1fc985164f1cabdfe26.png

Now these two can escort the kids to wherever they're going. I bet reinforcements are gonna come from the most annoying places.

c612cb0617564037bc22f6f.png

Really, right there? No matter... I can get them before they run off with the kids.

ecdabf214cde4035b46275f.png

That was cruel. I should have expected that they'd have javelins though.

SxGbP.png

HP, strength, skill, luck, defense

2d42d52596be4c768af1d85.png

Strength.

4NEze.png

HP, strength, luck, defense, build

lPQCm.png

Got him without a fight. That means two chapters in a row with no boss exp. I was hoping Fin could get them both and promote by now. :(

Now I just have to wait for the children to escape. Since Havan is poisoned, that means free exp for Nanna. Maybe I can get her staff rank up by the time they escape.

Tma5Y.png

LOL, she just got exp by transferring her lockpick to this guy. How is that stealing?

ELLfP.png

Thanks for holding that.

XPwQu.png

That's the last of them, time to go!

n3TL2.png

I hate FoW/darkness chapters.

0fM7Q.png31mAp.png

Something tells me Rinehart/Reinhart/whatever is just as unaware of the empire's true motive as Olwin is.

or1xS.png

Mmm...

Okay, I have run into another issue...

I'm on chapter 12 and my characters keep getting put to sleep, and I don't have anything to wake them up. Is sleep status endless like poison is? Is there a way to prevent being put to sleep? Does the sleep staff have infinite range? I have no idea where the person casting it is.

Okay, I have run into another issue...

I'm on chapter 12 and my characters keep getting put to sleep, and I don't have anything to wake them up. Is sleep status endless like poison is? Is there a way to prevent being put to sleep? Does the sleep staff have infinite range? I have no idea where the person casting it is.

You've happened upon one of the most lovely quirks of this game. Yes, it's infinite range, and no, you do not have any way to restore it.

You can dodge it, but it's not a very high chance to do so. Fortunately it only has 3 uses, so as long as you protect the sleeping guys you can work around it.

The guy using it is on the far left side of the map, so unless you're willing to expend a Warp use you won't be reaching him in time.

Chapter 12:

Oh this one was nasty.

After many restarts I've figured out that Seram ALWAYS goes for Fin, then Fergus, then Dashin. They're just determined to make it so that Fin doesn't get exp to reach level 20. xP

I also used those restarts to find the sleep staffer's location:

173ecd632d3e405284aef70.pngqqArd.png

Since his exact location will be completely dark on my next attempt, I'm using the picture on the right as a reference point. If I go left from that marked spot I'll reach him. Using Karin to capture him isn't the most reliable of ideas; she needs to activate wrath/get a critical on one hit to do notable damage to him. Her hit does a piddling 1 damage otherwise, and on top of that her hit rate isn't looking so hot. I think she probably pulls it off the quickest if she's successful because she can go through the pond instead of around it.

f031cbe4b0e44f8e85aa437.png

Oh don't worry, he can still spam sleep with impunity for a few turns.

2kBec.png

As if the lopto sect would make it so easy to leave alive...

eaf2e9f5f58045058577b35.png

He already sounds nicer than Lifis.

1cde971b32cb4d93acaeb13.png

The enemy of the enemy is my friend!

CAM0Y.png

The sleep staff of my friend is my enemy. :(

DoLru.png

Yay, it's you again~

I3PfE.png420ce9970e344d1ba278d26.png

Mmm... that must be some sword.

HDU9Y.png

Nanna starts off great!

ae3e048261534e84bc553d6.png

Too late, already exposed.

M2kBJ.png

Bigands.

74f74498af984a6eb899329.pngApMUc.png

I'll hold you to that, Marita!

s5UKa.png

Mmm, nice skills.

Oh, for some reason Seram didn't use the sleep staff this turn. He seems to not use it on random occasions for whatever reason.

31993b65c67b463e8e01320.png

Strength

a0c945e6204c42e38d1905b.png

HP, skill, speed

Vz8e6.png

"Steroids? God is my steroid."

accd7ddbcff649308998ca8.png

Oh well. I guess he can hit level 20 next chapter.

N5hOH.png

Thank you very much!

8784242decf44a38b5ae9bc.png

If I don't capture him this turn I can hit him with this.

6c30f17159f842c4a3d37bd.png

HP, strength, skill

264c983462f94ec1b6393ec.png

HP, strength

0zOj9.png

I managed to preserve 2 uses!

x0E99.png

HP, skill

jUvVz.png

I almost forgot to go visit this shop. I'm gonna buy a lot of torches.

Q1hfD.pngf49a2b5368ee4bb1acc75a0.png

Heheheh, this ought to be good.

SZlGC.png

Only 5? It's gonna take forever for me to decide who to take...

5394cc890a354b61b8a6f07.png

~

You've happened upon one of the most lovely quirks of this game. Yes, it's infinite range, and no, you do not have any way to restore it.

You can dodge it, but it's not a very high chance to do so. Fortunately it only has 3 uses, so as long as you protect the sleeping guys you can work around it.

The guy using it is on the far left side of the map, so unless you're willing to expend a Warp use you won't be reaching him in time.

Much appreciated! I got to him in time to save 2 sleep uses (and save me the trouble of dealing with 3 sleeping units). This marks the first time I've used warp in any FE game lol. From my understanding of it, warp's range is limited by darkness, but it can transport someone to any place on the map that's not darkness and can be traversed by the warped unit normally.

Chapter 12x: Warp Shenanigans!

zEzN7.png

Darkness

O3Gl3.png

Ah, that's better.

Hey, there's the throne! And Pahn! Lara and Seram both wanted to talk to him. I'll send Lara his way so she can get started on opening the chests on that side. Seram can talk to him later if he wants.

9cf2acd08f90407da702cc8.png

Great! Welcome aboard.

Another chapter goes by with no boss kill for Fin.

TvmlH.png

BEST PROMOTION BONUS

fiOUV.png

Pahn makes himself useful and captures the item stealing temptress.

"Why not just steal the thief staff from her?", one might ask.

Because then she can still unlock things! That would be just terrible. She has to be dealt with immediately.

9b831075afd5431ebaf3a1a.png

gtfo

aaa3156527d843b193aaec4.pngP8JrU.png

And seize!

THE WORLD IS ENDING TODAY, I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGloljk

You didnt recuit Tina...

I was just messing around, that wasn't the real update xP

I'm working on the actual one now. I did really intend to warp Lara to the throne room, but then I realized that Trude will escape if I recruit Pahn too early. But if I do it too late, Tina will waste her thief staff and the thieves will start looting the chests and probably run away afterwards anyways. I'm gonna need some time to think of a way to stop that from happening. I'll probably warp Lara onto one of the treasure chests and then warp Lifis into the throne room to steal Tina's staff (Lara doesn't have enough build to steal it). I need to observe the AI more before I try out anything. I want to get all of the treasure chests and recruit everyone because I am just that greedy.

Maybe I'll have to let one or two treasures go depending on how valuable the stuff inside is. lol

Edited by Momentai~

I dunno how much strategic advice you want, but this is the standard way to complete the chapter if you're interested. Don't look at this unless you're completely stumped, I guess.

Warp Lara in to recruit Pahn. Afterwards, have Pahn steal Tina's Thief staff. This will cause the enemies to escape, which means you will have to burn a use of the Sleep staff on Trude to keep him there--you don't need to speak to him, just capture him and he'll join at the end of the chapter. Afterwards take your time with the treasures and have Saphy speak to Tina.

Edited by Silvercrow

I dunno how much strategic advice you want, but this is the standard way to complete the chapter if you're interested. Don't look at this unless you're completely stumped, I guess.

Warp Lara in to recruit Pahn. Afterwards, have Pahn steal Tina's Thief staff. This will cause the enemies to escape, which means you will have to burn a use of the Sleep staff on Trude to keep him there--you don't need to speak to him, just capture him and he'll join at the end of the chapter. Afterwards take your time with the treasures and have Saphy speak to Tina.

Yay, that's exactly what I did~

Chapter 12x:

662eb5572f1c4dd18e5d72d.png

These guys can come along this time.

Jsg3S.png

Don't worry, he's fine.

d7deb758ce7b4d76b88439e.pnga5b21b06d1cb4ebf848484b.pngoOIhJ.png

Everyone who knows him seems to hold him in high esteem. I don't know what to think after seeing this. >.>

c972d0177a9a4e7b855e7af.pnghvNld.png

I guess all thieves know each other.

YMZdL.pngu9QW4.png

Well, he can't be all that bad. Why is he treating the poor girl like that, though?

O3Gl3.png

Starting off the same way, but this time for a different reason. You'll see why in a bit. And thanks to Kiriane for telling me people can be warped into the darkness ^^

4f02e60be4bf4ad6a5cee15.png

I've noticed that after Pahn is recruited, all of the enemies begin to flee. I'm not going to attack them, but I'll steal anything I can get my hands on.

UAg9H.png

I'm seeing stars...

BliYD.png

~

8e436b4d3fef4bc58055606.png

Of course Salem misses the first time he uses sleep as a blue unit, but as a red unit he seems to have near 100 percent accuracy. I got him before he escaped, so no harm done.

I'm so glad I used warp to save the sleep staff because now it has saved me one warp use! So it's like I got the sleep staff free of charge I guess.

hAUVd.png

She can still steal? Great!

cNBHZ.png

Leaf makes it to the throne room (unassisted) in record time! He could clear it on turn 6 if he wanted to. Other lords could learn a thing or two from Leaf about being self-moving-sufficient. However, I still have to get all of the treasure and wait for Safy to arrive so she can talk to her sister.

Where's Safy?

zThzv.png

SAFY.

QOgJA.png

Oh cool, sleeping units can be captured without a fight.

Xw29G.png

Lifis to the rescue! I hope Shiva doesn't hear about this...

GjBxr.png

Moving again as a dancer is definitely more useful than moving again as a thief.

12f472382a674b69a712e4c.png

Finally!

FKJ8R.pngdXsqF.png3Co5T.png

A staff made for stealing? That seems contradictory.

Why would someone make a staff like that?

enW7f.pngJJ81Z.png

I hope the creators of this game aren't that cruel. Then again a lot of kids have been imprisoned and sacrificed in this game, so I don't know...

NecM2.pngH1j6P.png

Whew. It's good to know Pahn isn't THAT twisted.

5c42ac3e6c7142028a7caaa.pngaba339eb20ca44318e4f4ee.png

Lecture time.

SvjIz.png

Leafxenemy harem OTP

1684541cf3d84c1fb227cf3.png

Safy has been getting a workout recently. She's the only one that can use B rank staves and above. It's taking Nanna forever to get her staff rank up.

Bc1jK.png

Wow...

5 movement stars!

ee6b4a4b683c4ede9765fb3.png

I got all the treasure and recruited everyone in 9 turns! I think...

I have no idea what the screen says.

Seize time!

kqjvb.png

Ok~

yRgqo.png

I wonder why Lifis is afraid of Pahn...

Edited by Momentai~

Chapter 13 is in two parts.

Part 1:

OPDXx.png

+Marita, Seram, Tina

I'm taking this time to train some of my lower level units.

47c22cdbc977443ba067b95.png

Reinforcements are coming!

C61G7.pngxbiCf.png

That doesn't sound like Shanan...

4SHd6.png

Such a bleak prophesy.

r1hRm.png

Carion can get charge. He needs some help killing stuff.

7c21cf20f1a74e04adc4828.png

Generic no name blue units? That's a first for me.

CiIg2.png

HP, strength, skill, speed, luck, defense, build!

Rd2nf.png

Magic, skill

47006cefcd17439c916cfaa.png

HP, skill, luck, defense

c7d4ef9db42e4b7da12de15.png

HP, speed, luck, build

SQJY3.png

HP, strength, magic, speed, luck, build

dem 8s

d99c7efff9f64f62a4ae87e.png

HP, strength, skill, luck, build

Charge seems to activate every time a ballista attacks him. But it also usually activates in most other battles, so it's not all bad...

XqW4l.png

HP, magic

9Op9g.png

No one can survive even one round of combat with hero lance Fin <3

6a1bbeee27d942fa8b468b4.png

HP, strength, skill

Just 7 more experience points until promotion <3

e92563ecfc7b47e9bc0ef56.png

TINA! She decided that one miss was not enough, moved again, and botched the second heal attempt too. xP

A free 30 exp is awesome, though. Plus it doesn't waste uses.

NKkOq.png

As soon as the boss is defeated all of the enemies run away. Great, how will I get more experience now?

d6cf05ffb4a04933b4d5f4d.png

HP

62abd0089e5f425eb47a9fc.png

HP, defense

FINALLY LEVEL 20

66ab16dc95734212a1b8d5e.png

It looks like the reinforcements from the north will attack still. Ouch.

HP, magic, skill

zdWeU.png

Not sure why you didn't attack Ronan for a potential kill, but I'm happy about it.

e625940aa94a46f89c13607.png

Ugh, charge activation but no counter!

dc755a88310c4de8bd79495.png

Luna critical+critical= overkill

Once she catches up in level she'll be a beast.

vYQLL.png

Move again, yes!

She's making it really easy to catch up in levels~

But first she needs a healer.

dS3WY.png

... A competent healer.

5H2Z6.png

If you could dodge hits like you're dodging these staves, we wouldn't be having this problem now would we?

Or perhaps I should question the loyalty of these newcomers. They both did join last chapter.

0007b193c35e4bb6b8cf590.png

Both hits missed. What is with the rng this turn?

LDHFm.png5d532007d5fe41aab1858c7.png

Leaf <333

7d4256019836436a8dbe5d4.png

Lucky seven elevens~

HP, strength, magic, skill, speed, luck

Now with 100 percent less scrolls!

Anna is such a capricious goddess...

c5c0ef2cf650471babe3097.png

HP, strength, skill, speed, luck

Also with no scrolls~

Wait, where are all of my scrolls if they're not on Marita and Carion?

a2e0922413d240609e7dc7e.png

Oh

And the rest are scattered across everyone on my team except Carion and Marita.

B3ZSK.png

It is time.

Q9USe.png

This guy is worthy of being in a game that's not limited by a cap of 20 in every stat.

That defense...

He's like Lowen.

Except better all around in every stat that's not res and HP

He's Lowen 2.0 <3