[NOC] [Anon] [Open Set-Up] Strip Mafia - lol

Prims

BBM can't host his game just yet so people told me to jump queue woop woop. Sometimes it feels like I host like every other game on this site.

YOUR FLAVOR FOR THE DAY:

One day, Prims was on IRC joking about dumb role ideas with Paperblade and decided to create an open set-up out of it that was, much to the disappointment of the non-mafia people who clicked on the topic from the New Thread List (i know you fuckers are reading this), not nearly as exciting as it sounds. Be careful: if you die in the game OR survive, it means that you are stripped of your anonymous account at the end of the game and everybody is told it was you playing!!!!!! wooooooah how embarassing

This game is an open set-up!

1x Town Blacksmith (Target gains a 1-shot bulletproof vest, is not informed)

1x Town Cop (Sane)

1x Town Strip Searcher (Removes BP vests and tailor suits on target)

6x Vanilla Townie

VS.

1x Mafia 1-Shot Strongman (May pierce BP once while on the factional kill)

1x Mafia Rolecop (Learns target's role)

1x Mafia Tailor (Target gains vest that returns opposite scan results, is not informed)

All scum roles may act and kill on the same night. Both blacksmith and tailor vests last until they are removed by the Strip Searcher.

ADDENDUM: Two players will have the ability to send in 75 word or less announcements at night that will appear the with the modscene the following morning. Whether each announcer is town or scum will be RNGed 50-50 (it is possible to have 2 town announcers or 2 scum announcers), and once an alignment has been picked, the announcer will be RNGed among players with the picked alignment. The Town Cop may not receive this ability.

Action Resolution:

1. Rolecop

2. Tailor

3. Cop

4. Nightkill (players with actions below nightkill in resolution may still act that night if shot)

5. Strip Search

6. Blacksmith

[spoiler=Sample Role PMs]

X,

You are the Town Blacksmith. At night, you may Night X - ##Forge for <USER>, giving <USER> a 1-shot bulletproof vest. Bulletproof vests may stack. Of course, you also have your word and your vote. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is still alive, or when nothing can stop the same from happening.

X,

You are the Town Cop. At night, you may Night X - ##Scan <USER> to learn their alignment the following morning. Of course, you also have your word and your vote. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is still alive, or when nothing can stop the same from happening.

X,

You are the Town Strip Searcher. At night, you may Night X - ##Search <USER> to remove any bulletproof or tailor vests they are wearing. Of course, you also have your word and your vote. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is still alive, or when nothing can stop the same from happening.

X,

You are a Vanilla Townie. All you have is your word and your vote. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is still alive, or when nothing can stop the same from happening.

X,

You are the Mafia 1-Shot Strongman. Once in the game, you may pierce any bulletproof vests owned by the player you are targeting with the factional nightkill via the command Night X - ##STRONGKill <USER>. Of course, you also have your word and your vote, and may be sent on the factional nightkill via Night X - ##Kill <USER>.

Your scumbuddies are X and X, whom you may speak with at any time in You win when all other factions are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is still alive, or when nothing can stop the same from happening. You are considered a threat to the town.

X,

You are the Mafia Rolecop. At night, you may Night X - ##Stalk <USER> to learn their role the following morning. Of course, you also have your word and your vote, and may be sent on the factional nightkill via Night X - ##Kill <USER>.

Your scumbuddies are X and X, whom you may speak with at any time in [url=]this quicktopic. You win when all other factions are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is still alive, or when nothing can stop the same from happening. You are considered a threat to the town.

X,

You are the Mafia Tailor. At night, you may Night X - ##Dress <USER> to give them a vest that returns opposite scan results to cops until it is removed. Of course, you also have your word and your vote, and may be sent on the factional nightkill via Night X - ##Kill <USER>.

Your scumbuddies are X and X, whom you may speak with at any time in You win when all other factions are eliminated and at least one member of your faction is still alive, or when nothing can stop the same from happening. You are considered a threat to the town.

You have been picked as an Announcer! Each night, you may reply to your role PM with Night X - ##Publish "<WORDS>". <WORDS> will then be anonymously posted at the start of the following day phase. It will be made clear that they are not flavor text. Each announcement must be 75 words or less.

[spoiler=typical prims rules and stuff].::RULES::.

- I'm the mod and my word is final. Don't do anything that you expect will annoy me, even if it's not in the rules. This includes looking for loopholes. If you're modkilled, you lose unless I feel like giving you grace due to the circumstances.

- Trying to modkill yourself tactically will result in me making sure your faction being worse off than it was before you did so, so don't do it.

- No Outside Contact, keep the talking to the game thread unless your role allows otherwise.

- Don't directly intefere with the game if you're dead or not playing - if you're going to talk to other players or post in-thread I expect everything you say to have no game relevance whatsoever.

- Don't directly quote communications with the mod unless given permission. This includes your Role PM.

- Going 24 hours without a post nets you a prod. Going 48 hours without a post or receiving three prods will result in a modkill.

- Don't screenshot things.

- Don't edit your posts.

- Don't post after hammer.

- Don't talk at night unless your role allows you to do so.

- Don't post with your main account or otherwise reveal your identity.

- Have good integrity. This includes not being a dick.

- Play to win.

.::SET-UP INFORMATION::.

- This is an open set-up. Go read it if you're gonna play; I expect this to not end in Rapier speculating about a SK in LYLO despite everybody knowing the numbers ratio.

- 72 hour days, 24 hour nights. A player must be hammered to be lynched. If a day ends with no majority, the game ends instantly in universal loss. No Lynch may also be lynched once in this game.

- Mafia may opt not to kill once. LYLO and variations will be announced.

- Players will know if their action fails or if they are redirected.

This is also an anonymous game! Sign-ups should be over PM and provide me with an alias for your anonymous account. I'll end sign-ups in 48 hours, at which point I'll randomize the playerlist if I got more than 12 and send out role PMs. Alternately, I'll end the sign-ups early if I get 20 people wanting to play a mini somehow (???).

Playerlist:

- Bogeto Bogeto

- Grape Soda

- Ikakas

- Parseltongue

- RedMage

- Scumhunter X

- Stormageddon

- Viking

Stripped Of Their Life:

- IllusioMagus, Mafia Tailor / Announcer - Lynched Day 1

- Jay Gatsby, Town Cop - Killed Night 1

- Gonzou Azai, Mafia 1-Shot Strongman - Lynched Day 2

- Urist McDwarf, Vanilla Townie - Killed Night 2

Handy Links:

- End of Day 1

- End of Day 2

Edited by cyborg sammy davis jr.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, it's been 48 hours, but:

- my internet connection is super questionable atm

- I still need 4 more people

Not closing sign-ups until I actually get enough for a playerlist. Is everybody just busy or something?

Got 13 (!). I can hardly start the game rn due to shitty internet, and there are a couple people who I suspect would rather sit out on account of being busy, so I'll leave sign-ups open until around 5 PM tomorrow in PST.

EDIT: Yeah this is delayed until whenever my internet can stay consistent long enough for me to start the game

Role PMs going out now. Post in-thread with your anonymous account to confirm that you have received yours. Day 1 starts with 11/12 confirmations.

edit: also remember to get anony avatars once you log in, if you don't have one by the end of d1 you get modkilled

Can you ask players to set their "Profile picture" as well. Those io are phone bound only see profile pics, not avatars.

elie pmed me this like 5 times because he doesn't have money for a computer i guess

(not implying anything about whether he's playing or not but yeah)

Day 1

Bogeto Bogeto has at least read his or her role PM so l-l-let's get started!

Deadline is at 4:30 PM, Tuesday the 11th (PST). With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.