[NOC] [Anon] [Open Set-Up] Strip Mafia - lol

Prims

I have a tendency to post out my full thought process, so that may explain why it looks wishy-washy

ie: "Is Player X or Player Y scummier?" "Hmmm, player X looks worse, I suppose" "Well that settles it then, Vote:Player X"

the accusation that Magus will tunnel isn't well justified, considering the game has only just started. If you can identify a player behind their anonymity, I commend you ,but that still is a very quick jump to conclusions. You're only making a self-fulfilling prophecy with remarks such as those.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to tunnel you for the rest of the game. Making use of that to hold a tag on me is bad and it's being spiteful of someone.

I admit that I might have made my question sound a little bit too serious, but my earlier question on Parseltongue's targeting Grape Soda is actually meant to be a joke, so when Parseltongue voted me because of it, it made me feel that he might have overreacted.

RVS joking is hardly an "attack", he was making fun of a username and random voting. And yeah, everyone might be scum. What's wrong with that?

There was no making fun of usernames. This might be a slip up on Viking's part (they might have communicated about this and Viking remembered their conversation wrongly), or Viking might have remembered or interpreted Parseltongue's posts wrongly. This is worth noting.

In fact, I was the one being voted and I don't even see anything bubbling up besides an RVS vote and him answering my indirect question.

Regardless of whether Parseltongue was buddying up to Grape Soda or not (or whether they may even be trying to "befriend" each other), I don't like this sentence because Grape Soda had never made or asked any indirect question. His other post was a complete RVS post and vote on Red Mage. So, is this statement a slip up or contradiction? I'm not sure.

>V-V-Votecount!

(2) IllusioMagus - Parseltongue, Scumhunter X

(2) Parseltongue - IllusioMagus, Urist McDwarf

(1) Red Mage - Grape Soda

Not Voting (7): Bogeto Bogeto, Gonzou Azai, Ikakas, Jay Gatsby, Red Mage, Stormageddon, Viking

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. You have about 51 hours left in the day.

If my proper tagging doesn't fizz out, I'll vote for

##Vote Red Mage

I simply refuse to stay here in stock while a Red magician causes chaos from aisle to aisle. What kind of magic is Red magic anyway?

Oh Magus, perhaps you need to have a cool and refreshing glass of Grape Soda and reread a few things with a satisfied palette. I certainly did ask an indirect question, and if you missed it, then I might question the oomph behind your "reads".

I'm being honest. Illusio's going to tunnel me for the rest of the game now. I know how he works. (I didn't mean to be insulting though--playing mafia at 5am is a bad idea, sorry about that.)

Your votepark makes me uncomfortable, though. Wasn't fond of the "I could swing this way but I could swing the other way too. I'm voting for PT but I'm not really suspicious?? It's just a votepark for now. I can't decide between this and this." It sounds wishy-washy, kinda lazy. I'll have my eye on you for now.

Something about Red Mage's post seems off to me too, but that might be just me.

Why do you suspect him but don't suspect me too since I said basically the same thing?

Also, I don't understand what clarification made Illusio want to take off his vote. What does it have to do with that?

I'm not sure as well. That revelation of what that comment by Parseltongue meant made me unvote on impulse.

I think I can still say that his reaction to my vote was uncalled for.

I'll wait for him to confirm if what has been brought up earlier was true or not before I proceed with another course of action.

Now this is the point where I would typically come in and say some silly thing and make an RVS post since it is my first post of the official game. However, it is clear that we are beyond that point in the game due to the interesting exchange between PT and IM. Now, I could vote for one of them fairly safely, however I feel like there are more interesting candidates to vote for. Specifically, I am going to

##Vote: Urist McDwarf

Why make a votepark on a safe vote? Why not instead do something more interesting like vote someone else, maybe make a vote pile to get interesting reactions? Making a self-proclaimed vote park is not very useful because it tells that person that there is nothing they can do right now to get your vote off of them however it also tells them that you do not really intend that to be your final vote. Seems to me that there is more interesting stuff you could be doing.

I have a tendency to post out my full thought process, so that may explain why it looks wishy-washy

ie: "Is Player X or Player Y scummier?" "Hmmm, player X looks worse, I suppose" "Well that settles it then, Vote:Player X"

the accusation that Magus will tunnel isn't well justified, considering the game has only just started. If you can identify a player behind their anonymity, I commend you ,but that still is a very quick jump to conclusions. You're only making a self-fulfilling prophecy with remarks such as those.

1. I find self-meta in anon games to be a scummy defense. We don't know who you are, so there's no way I can justify if you're telling the truth or not. If not scummy, it's still pretty weak.

2. I know it isn't well-justified and I probably should have watched myself; I admit I said it out of frustration, but I cannot really explain why until after the game.

More coming soon. Need to read the rest of stuff.

First, I would like to answer Magus's question, as I'm not sure who he meant it at, (if it was meant for me that is).

Yes that's what I was referring to.

My second pour will address this:

Why make a votepark on a safe vote? Why not instead do something more interesting like vote someone else, maybe make a vote pile to get interesting reactions? Making a self-proclaimed vote park is not very useful because it tells that person that there is nothing they can do right now to get your vote off of them however it also tells them that you do not really intend that to be your final vote. Seems to me that there is more interesting stuff you could be doing.

Why vote for someone who has tarnished your taste buds? is that what you are asking? The only reason that a vote park doesn't settle well in the stomach of early game is that there really hasn't been anything mixed into the formula that should cause a bad taste. However, a someone parking their vote is quite a threat. What you fail to realize is that in the mix of ingredients, many of the players have a vote as their only means of offense. Therefore, the resolve to use such means of self-defense and offense is strong regardless. A vote park can be used as a tool to spill some words that weren't meant to be spilled, or to give a player that burst of flavor that they need to earn their fill in the glass and share their tastes with the table.

While your explanation is a valid one, I would have preferred to have a response from them, not from you. Typically when a question is asked it is because the asker wants a specific answer from the person they are addressing. I wanted to gain reactions from McDwarf. However, now you have provided a response that they can copy or not copy, but the intent is now ruined.

While your explanation is a valid one, I would have preferred to have a response from them, not from you. Typically when a question is asked it is because the asker wants a specific answer from the person they are addressing. I wanted to gain reactions from McDwarf. However, now you have provided a response that they can copy or not copy, but the intent is now ruined.

Actually, Stormaggedon, do you think that Grape Soda may have answered that question for Dwarf because they are buddies and he feels threatened by that attack on Dwarf?

Hmm... I've thought about it a little. I think that I may have misinterpreted Parseltongue's comment and post a little.

However, I do still find it weird that his reaction was so drastic. I will keep this in view right now.

For now, I want Dwarf to explain several things. One of which is what he means by over aggressive and over defensive when he describes the exchange between Parseltongue and I. I'm sure town would have noticed as I did that he has not touched one bit on the content of our exchange, but only on the tone of our exchange (aggressive vs defensive). I want him to address on what Parseltongue and I have brought up in our exchange like the others have done.

The thing that actually bothers me the most is Urist's self-meta, hahaha. I want to switch my vote to him, but Illusio's reason for unvoting me is questionable. If I'm getting this right, someone reminded you of Grape Soda's post that I was joke-responding to, and you misinterpreted it the entire time?

I'm at a loss.

See, something else that I noticed was this:

I'm not sure as well. That revelation of what that comment by Parseltongue meant made me unvote on impulse.

I think I can still say that his reaction to my vote was uncalled for.

I'll wait for him to confirm if what has been brought up earlier was true or not before I proceed with another course of action.

I voted for you first... ? I didn't exactly react to your vote on me, but rather the way you kept responding to the points I made against you. I know I was pretty hasty with the tunneling comment, and again, I apologize, because it was a bit of a spiteful thing. Clarify for me, though: what are you referring to when you say 'what has been brought up earlier'?

Sidestepped what question? I answered it: my Grape Soda vote was a random vote, and my comment against him wasn't serious. What more of an explanation do you expect from me? I feel that I am scaring you, and that you are scum.

This is the reaction I meant.

The tone was what I did not like, and the fact that you claimed you answered my question, yet you only did so in an ambiguous and indirect way and did not want to clarify it further in that post.

Otherwise, I'm more interested in Dwarf at the moment, since the clarification of your previous comment lets me see why you think I overreacted.

What. I meant that I think FF-style red mages are sexy but that isn't relevant to anything

I didn't think my reaction was 'drastic;' I was actually pretty calm for the most part, but people read things differently I suppose.

I've been getting strange reads out of Grape Soda's posts lately because he's been using a lot of soda-related lingo/puns that gunk up his opinions a little bit. I'll need to re-read there before I go any further with that.

Actually, eh.

##Unvote

I'm more suspicious of him than Illusio, but they're both pretty scummy to me. I also remember there being another post addressed to me earlier that I haven't responded to yet; I'll do that in a moment. I'm a little tied up right now.