Okaaaaay drafters it's time for a new game!

Integrity

Drafting is cool! I know that. I basically made this section with my own two hands and all of Tangerine's AND RFOF'S OH GOD work.

But heeeeere's the thiiiiing: you know what annoys me? It annoys me - it seriously, actually irritates the shit out of me - when I see a PKL draft appear in the NEW THREADS list. Yep, that's the thing that finally spurred this thread. I'm finally pissed enough at my backlog to deliver an actual ultimatum.

What's that ultimatum, Integrity?

I'm fucking watching you. All of you. This thread is going to contain information. Here's the first bit of information: dump your fucking drafts. MRay was kind enough to set that thread up just for you ingrates. Of course, he also set up #sfdrafts for you but that got pretty quickly run into the shitter but I digress! That's not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is I'm going to be keeping a log of people, and if you've got multiple hanging undumped drafts for a particular game and you sign up for - or God forbid host - a new draft for the same damn game, I'm gonna censor you. Plain and simple. If you want to get involved in eighty drafts all of the same flavor go do it on your own terms and keep out of here. Or, if you really must log them here, do them one-by-one and finish them for Christ's sake.

Oh no, do you really want to play a new draft with a new team? You've got three choices. A: get the fuck over yourself. B: go to MRay's thread and take something. C: if you REALLY hate MRay, just go to DTE and notice that the clear rate for drafts is below 30% and just PM somebody and say "hey can i take your team" and if they don't respond just do it. I'll log it, I swear. Especially if the draft is more than a few months dead.

People to whom this thread does not apply: just don't take their shit. If somebody with a whole fuckload of uncleared drafts wants to sign up for your shit tell them no. Don't only do it to Harpoon - I've seen him rejected and nobody else so far. Just because he's the worst of the lot doesn't mean that everybody else is okay. At least go check the last five DTE-certified drafts for the game they're signing up for to make sure the applicant is not in all of them and has completed none.

At some point when I can be bothered to I'm going to create a beautiful pair of lists here. On the one hand, I'm going to have a public list of people I'm watching more closely than others. On the other hand, I'm going to have a public list of kind souls who are willing to be that douchebag and say "no dude i'm not signing you on for this."

Have a great day, and go finish a draft or something.

When in doubt, just emulate Boron and you'll never go wrong.

Seriously, she's actually better at drafting than I am. It's been proven.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear. Good thing I have a 100% clearance rate on all my SRW drafts so I shouldn't be in that one list~!

I'm very proud of you. You do have uncleared FE drafts, though, but not many and you don't sign up for more of them.

If you're keeping a log, shouldn't it be pinned?

I don't actually have the ability to pin threads. I also won't do it because I hope this thread will become quickly obsolete as people do what they signed on to do and the whole mentality of sfdrafts turns around in a few short days.

Ah, but a man can dream.

EDIT:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34757&st=0&p=2114492&hl=backlog&fromsearch=1entry2114492

This thread exists as well. I keep mine updated here but it's not like anyone's used it in a while...

That thread died, never lived in the first place, and was made utterly obsolete by MRay's thread. Which is pinned.

EDIT2: Updated the OP with some truths to mull over.

Edited by Integrity

Yes, but his thread isn't used to keep track of drafts you plan to do but haven't finished.

You shouldn't need a thread to do that. You have DTE, notepad.exe, paper, whiteboards maybe, and a brain.

EDIT: Unless you mean we need a thread like that so we can officially and publicly shame people for being bad drafters in which case I might actually agree.

Edited by Integrity

When in doubt, just emulate Boron and you'll never go wrong.

Have I ever mentioned that you're like one of the only people ever to make me blush?

I'm behind this cause 100%. I've got a list of draft completion rates that I use to determine who's the best to play with. It's most likely not precise and it's far from comprehensive, but it's a start if you want it.

Over the summer, I used to literally join a draft at least every two days. Thank God that changed, since I literally have only a few drafts (usually drafts with dumb gimmicks and/or RR) to complete. The thing that sucks is that my computer time is horribly limited, so some drafts nowadays take a while to complete. I assure that I'll get them all done, but it might take slower now.

I'm behind this cause 100%. I've got a list of draft completion rates that I use to determine who's the best to play with. It's most likely not precise and it's far from comprehensive, but it's a start if you want it.

Baldrick if you gave this to me you would make me so instantly hard.

Have I ever mentioned that you're like one of the only people ever to make me blush?

dw girl ilu2 <3

EDIT:

Over the summer, I used to literally join a draft at least every two days. Thank God that changed, since I literally have only a few drafts (usually drafts with dumb gimmicks and/or RR) to complete. The thing that sucks is that my computer time is horribly limited, so some drafts nowadays take a while to complete. I assure that I'll get them all done, but it might take slower now.

As long as you're not actively signing up for piles more, I assure you that you'll face no judgment from me.

Edited by Integrity

Im trying and clearing most of my current drafts and will stop hosting any further drafts. Did the math and I have 19 left to go if I dont count auctions, 10 of those are in progress and of those, 5 are in the finals (FE6 Vanilla 6 player in C23, FE12 H2 in C20, FE12 Sadist in Final and others). Ill unload most of the auctions for now except a few Id rather keep and do eventually :).

Unloading *should* be the last resort, unless people actually start picking up drafts for a change. I'd rather you unload than do nothing, though, obviously.

i think all i have left to clear are the drafts for fe8 rr i dont know why i joined 2 in the first place and 2 tlp drafts that again i have no clue why i joined 2 of, all of which i'm working on finishing

I don't have much time to complete the drafts I have for the GBA/SNES games, as I literally have to use the school computers to play them. I will admit that I still haven't done the FE9 and FE11 one I have do to a mix of school and laziness, but I'll get those done ASAP. In fact, I'm going to continue the FE9 draft I've got right now.

Here it is

I literally used IE's ctrl+F function for this, so I haven't accounted for conditions including but not limited to:

Knickerbockers, non-playing hosts, unloaded drafts, tag teams where P2 is stuck because P1 hasn't finished yet, completed drafts not yet reported/logged, name changes*, clears marked using "with x points" rather than "in x turns"*, and all logs/clears within the last month or so.

*I think I got all of them, but I'm not certain

Here it is

I literally used IE's ctrl+F function for this, so I haven't accounted for conditions including but not limited to:

Knickerbockers, non-playing hosts, unloaded drafts, tag teams where P2 is stuck because P1 hasn't finished yet, completed drafts not yet reported/logged, name changes*, clears marked using "with x points" rather than "in x turns"*, and all logs/clears within the last month or so.

*I think I got all of them, but I'm not certain

Nice job with the spreadsheet!

I dont get it. What are those other 14 drafts? I couldnt find them in DTE and I searched for PKL, Pegknightlover, Toon Link, HORSEBIRD and Professor Pickle. Anwyay, goodjob with this :)

I've finished 32/43, not 27/43 :( I hope you didn't count CR-S0I as me, because that was PKL.

edit - all of my finished and unfinished, if I counted right, should be 32/43:

[spoiler=Drafts I need to finish][FE6] NM Draft

[FE7] So Standard It Hurts

[FE7] Knickerbocker Draft

[FE7] The Last Promise Draft

[FE8] Skirmish Draft

[FE8] PKL Ruleset Test Draft #2

[FE9] Marcia Ghost Draft - on chapter 8 or something

[FE9/FE10] Tellius Draft #4

[FE10] Random Route Split and "Screw Micaiah" Draft

[FE10] Rout Draft

[FE12] whatever the fuck it's called

[spoiler=Finished drafts][FE7] HHM Draft - 199 turns

[FE8] Harry Potter and the Sacred Stones - 119 turns

[FE8] Support Chain Draft - 138 turns

[FE8] 0% Growths Draft - 126 turns

[FE8] Draft - RNG Style! - 121 turns

[FE8] okay I need an FE8 draft fast - 135 turns

[FE8] Sadist Draft - 173 turns

[FE8] Auction From the Bathroom - 139 turns

[FE9] PoR Draft #33370 - 163 turns

[FE9/FE10] Tellius Draft #3 - 169 turns + 201 turns = 370 turns

[FE10] new draft - 273 turns

[FE10] RD is awesome, so here's another draft - 244 turns

[FE10] The 7 Draftees of Christmas - 206 turns

[FE10] SFDTT - 199 turns

[FE10] SOYO Draft - 243 turns

[FE10] An FE10 RNG Based Draft - 206 turns

[FE10] HM Draft Experiment - 273 turns

[FE10] The "Does Haar need to be unbanned?" Draft - 189 turns

[FE10] The Beorc Draft - 173 turns

[FE10] The Laguz Draft - 226 turns

[FE10] Another RNG Draft - 188 turns

[FE10] The Part 1 Draft - 56 turns

[FE10] Aran Draft - 200 turns

[FE10] Another Gimmick Draft - 195 turns

[FE10] Rankings Draft - 862 points

[FE10] Olympics Draft - 205 turns

[FE11] Draft XII - 151 turns

[FE11] SOYO-Reclass Draft - 171 turns

[FE11] H5 Banzai Draft - 6 restarts

[FE11] RNG Penalties and Rewards - 126 turns (168-42=126)

[FE11] The most Generic FE11 draft ever - 148 turns

[FE11] Callum wants to play Shadow Dragon - 140 turns

Edited by Seregil