Is the main reason why no one uses Meg is because of her appearance?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While being a low level Knight in the Dawn Brigade is about as bad as you can get as a unit, I'm pretty sure I've seen Meg's looks being insulted far too often in order to consider her appearance a non-issue in regards to her lack popularity.

Heck, Ilyana is bad in both game and as a a character she is as flat as it gets, being solely defined by her eating disorder which is played entirely for comedy. And yet she is still pretty popular.

Edited by BrightBow

Meg's big issue isn't her appearance, but the fact she joins underleveled in a group that has a hard time getting by as it is. Her growths not suiting her class doesn't help matters any.

Honestly, yeah. Her armor is an ugly color too.

FE 10 is also horribly balanced, so even if you wanted to use Meg it would be quite difficult.

On my 1st playthough of the game (Normal mode) I actually tried to use her. I gave her 99 Bexp in the Chp 4, 5, and 6 bases. Battle saved and reset until she got +5 or better level ups. Fed her kills. It didn't matter... I dropped her after 6-1 because she was just bad, and everyone was way better than her. And this was on Normal mode. I couldn't imagine trying to use her in Hard mode.

Well, it's not that she bad. It's just most of the units in the game are better than her. And she comes at a low level at a really bad time and place.

Edited by astra knight

No, that's stupid. Nobody uses her because she outright sucks.

Why do you ask? Do you use characters based on their looks?

I mean, heck, people use Gonzales in FE6 because he's actually good.

Personally, I think Gonzales is a pretty poor example, as he's a polarizing unit based on the fact that axes are garbage in FE6. That aside, I agree with the main reason for Meg's unpopularity being that she completely sucks.

Meg's actually kind of cute, for a big girl. Dorothy's probably less attractive and people don't hate on her nearly as much. As for me, I'm not a fan of generals, aside from Oswin, so that's why I don't use her, though I'm not opposed to using her.

1355675918[/url]' post='2217842']

Why yes, yes I do. There's nothing better than kicking ass an looking good. I like uses characters that I think look cool. Even if there bad.

Edited by Royal Guard

Personally, I think Gonzales is a pretty poor example, as he's a polarizing unit based on the fact that axes are garbage in FE6. That aside, I agree with the main reason for Meg's unpopularity being that she completely sucks.

I don't doubt it. Wielding axes in a game where accuracy is generally a problem, having a low Skill base and to top it all of, a 15% Skill growth.

But it's somewhat fixable and he's strong and fast, so I really really appreciate that.

Why yes, yes I do. There's nothing better than kicking ass an looking good. I like uses characters that I think look cool. Even if there bad.

The irony is that I actually love using Sigrun. Must be 'dat hair...

Well since I use characters based completely on aesthetics, I find Meg awesome. In terms of video games, she has a more unique look and class for her gender than any other female character in the game. Sure, she technically sucks but I enjoy babying sucky characters enough to where I can get over that. But yeah, I'll agree with the whole people don't use her cause she sucks thing, not because she is less attractive.

FE 10 is also horribly balanced, so even if you wanted to use Meg it would be quite difficult.

...Actually, I shouldn't even bother anymore.

If Meg were hot/cute, yeah, people would probably use her more often. She's not good, but at least in Easy/Normal, she isn't that bad. People use horrible units all the time, so saying "she's bad" isn't much of an excuse for a lot of people.

Why is this a topic.

If appearance was a thing that mattered, all those Jagen-haters would still use FE7 Marcus/Seth because they're that amazingly foxy and handsome. <3

And honestly I don't find Meg ugly at all, she's pretty cute. Fiona is fine too. To each their own, I guess.

A lot of people use subpar units because they get a kick out of it/favoritism, there's also uses for her in a poor DB in drafts, so it's not like she gets that neglected anyways.

As Fox of Fire said, she'd probably see more use from some people if she looked "better", but that would probably be a trivial bit more than now.

If Meg were hot/cute, yeah, people would probably use her more often. She's not good, but at least in Easy/Normal, she isn't that bad. People use horrible units all the time, so saying "she's bad" isn't much of an excuse for a lot of people.

Probably the first time ever I find myself agreeing with a certain red fox, but yea.

It would be pretty interesting if one of the strongest units in the game was ugly. See how many people use it.

I think Meg is extremely cute but the real nail in the coffin is her underleveled start, poor mov, and poor caps for her growths. Fiona is objectively attractive but suffers from terrible bases and awful availability and thus she is hated even worse than Meg. For the most part I have never seen someone bash a unit in this game for being ugly, unlike say, Vaida in FE7, who performs decently when you get her (admittedly very late) and yet a lot of people hate her looks and thus hate her as a unit too.

It would be pretty interesting if one of the strongest units in the game was ugly. See how many people use it.

Well, FE6 did have Gonzales, though I'd say that his appearance doesn't really tend to discourage people from using him as much as other factors (namely, the fact that he's locked to axes in a game where axes are awful and accuracy is actually important. Hero Crest competition being fierce doesn't help his case any).

I think Meg is extremely cute but the real nail in the coffin is her underleveled start, poor mov, and poor caps for her growths. Fiona is objectively attractive but suffers from terrible bases and awful availability and thus she is hated even worse than Meg. For the most part I have never seen someone bash a unit in this game for being ugly, unlike say, Vaida in FE7, who performs decently when you get her (admittedly very late) and yet a lot of people hate her looks and thus hate her as a unit too.

Indeed.

Edited by Levant Fortner

You mean with telling people how FE10 is actually pretty "balanced"?

Meg is pretty cute, honestly.

And I think she's pretty terrible, even for NM.