Tales of Symphonia Mafia Ver. 1.0

Shinori

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think scorri is scummy but wanted to start something since I had no scum reads until I re-read BBM immediately after making that post. I picked her out of a hat to see what people would say because I half-expected she wouldn't post again so soon. But then she did! Whoops. In any case I don't see it not being useless as a reaction test at this point.

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

Already explained why his pre-Prims vote content was bad; his vote on me is equally weak since he was in the exact same no-content, all-prods boat until he voted me for doing the same.

@Helios: What's your read on BBM, since you mentioned thinking there's scum between him/Marth? Why's it weaker than your Marth read? Also not particularly fond of your thought on Levity's vote on me, it reads handwavey.

'prodded me'? The way you worded that makes it seem like you're trying to dismiss your earlier read on me, because it seemed a lot stronger than that...

How exactly is asking people about their opinions about a player with one RVS post going to get you anything good at all? Also Prims you're sidestepping my case against you with an OMGUS. I might have been asking questions and prodding, but at least one could tell that my vote was on somebody whom I thought was suspicious, whereas you poked at what people were saying without actually saying what that told you about them. It's like writing an essay where you list all the evidence but dont actually use it to conclude anything.

'prodded me'? The way you worded that makes it seem like you're trying to dismiss your earlier read on me, because it seemed a lot stronger than that...

Prodding was probably a weaker word than I was going for. But I don't really think you're scummy anymore.

Prodding was probably a weaker word than I was going for. But I don't really think you're scummy anymore.

@BBM, I don't think what Prims did towards you was an OMGUS because I think the valid point here is that you didn't seem to pay much mind to Prims only until he poked you, after which you got on him for doing nothing but prodding people. The switch seemed to me, even if I do agree with the reasoning for it.

I feel like I should be switching my vote but I think I'm going to sleep on it first.

How exactly is asking people about their opinions about a player with one RVS post going to get you anything good at all?

It forces people to talk and forms a wagon with fake controversy about it if people go along with my decree (which they will if they want to leave RVS and don't have a better serious vote). If I'm not getting any good reads then giving people something to talk about is the best I can do to develop them, even if that something is retarded.

None of my votes were legitimate "I think person X is scummy" votes until you because I didn't find anything scummy. Which ties into the above. I actually did think Levity's "I have reason to suspect a guy who has literally only posted a vote" vote on me was iffy and wanted to see how she'd take me jumping on her wagon, but her response wasn't offended enough for me to scumread her at this point. Don't have any problems with her content otherwise.

seemed sudden to me*

whoops huge typo there

actually BBM tacking on 'OMGUS' to Prims's vote reminds me of the stunt Mancer pulled with 'votepark' and makes me want to vote him but I don't remember how many votes he has, haha. Whoops I'm doing that thing again

I actually did think Levity's "I have reason to suspect a guy who has literally only posted a vote" vote on me was iffy and wanted to see how she'd take me jumping on her wagon, but her response wasn't offended enough for me to scumread her at this point. Don't have any problems with her content otherwise.

Actually if you want me to be perfectly honest, it reminded me of what you did in NPoT so it was 100% meta because that was all I really had to go off of at the time! Not revealing my reason was kind of dumb but at least a reaction came out of it. I don't agree with how you interpreted it though; even if you only posted a vote, the way a vote is placed can say a lot. But I don't think there's much of a need to argue this anymore and it's not even why I'm voting you now anyway haha.

Pretty sure I'm switching to BBM though once I get a vote tally/count up the votes

Dear Helios,

You assume I think Prims and Bizz were having an in-town fight when I did no explicitly say so. Hasty assumptions bring forth radical errors. Remember this.

Just because I think its normal does not mean I necessarily find either of them, or both of them town. So far its too early for me to get any good read on them so ok.

@Scorri:

How can you assume I handwaved/ignored the argument? Same thing what I say to Helios, except I find it interesting that you yourself just gave a null on Bizz too. The only difference between us would be me saying its 'normal' and you saying the points against Prims are interesting. Care to expand on what point you're talking about? Leaving the verdict at 'interesting' looks very vague. Do you agree or disagree with them? Finally I didn't have any better scumread than BBM at that point, so I pressed on him instead of prodding someone else because lolol, we know how well that works right?

(0) Helios: scorri, Prims, Helios

(2) Prims: Levity, BBM

(1) Shin: Elieson

(0) scorri: BBM, Prims

(1) Levity: Mancer, BBM, Prims

(3) BBM: Seregil, Marth, Prims

(1) Iris: Shatter

(1) Seregil: Iris

(2) Marth: Helios, scorri

Not voting: Shin, Shatter, Obviam

Except it was an OMGUS because it was how he defended himself against my case against him. Instead of refuting my point, he just said "well you're doing the same thing" which isn't really a proper defence at all. Plus I don't think I did the same thing as him at all, so not only is it a bad defence, I think it's also a wrong one.

##Vote: Marth

He's being mostly unhelpful right now, coasting saying it's "too early to get good reads" so I feel like he's trying to sit back and coast. All his last post did was defend himself. Also voting someone for a votehop in RVS isn't really scummy.

Bizz's overreaction is weird but it doesn't feel scummy to me right now. I guess I just don't see scum drawing attention to themselves like that this early. And I think Prims is more justified than BBM at this point because I can feel more townie motivation from him unlike BBM, plus I'm not particularly fond of BBM's defense being to yell OMGUS, and that Prims was doing it too.

I don't have any more reads right now. Also I wish people would stop bringing up meta stuff from games I wasn't in. ._.

Do you still think Levity is a good vote? You didn't acknowledge her response and seem to be defending your vote in terms of "this vote is better than everything else" and not "Levity is scummier than everyone else".

as u can clearly see my vote against bbm is so omgus i was reactively finding him scummy before he even voted me

Bizz's overreaction is weird but it doesn't feel scummy to me right now. I guess I just don't see scum drawing attention to themselves like that this early.

Overreaction?????????

if you would like me to take this seriously I need some specification here, come on man

I'm not fond of you handwaving like everything I said as an 'overreaction' and your whole post is just generalizing overall. Why specifically do you feel more townie motivation from Prims than BBM? And the votehop, though it was in RVS, was for a reason. It would have been different if Marth jumped on a joke votehop but he did it probably because he felt BBM's switch to be unusually hasty.

Come on, need more meat from you.

##Vote: BBM because yes

does no one notice helios's selfvote I'm confused

this, and then voting him for it.

I felt like Prims was working a lot harder to produce discussion than BBM was. What i meant was more "I think Prims looks townier than BBM".

I don't consider taking off an RVS vote votehopping, since it doesn't really mean much at all.

I'm keeping my vote on Levanto for now.

I voted for her for RVS, but based on how she has been acting (meta, outbursts, sensitivity and overdefensiveness), I feel even more certain that she is scum.

Add on to the fact that she has had scum tells and reads off of Prims, and abandoned voting him for the sake of voting Thomas Raith in her last post.

I agree with SB that Bluedoom has been coasting and not contributing at all. All Bluedoom has done is to pop in, comment a little on the situation, not give any reads of what he thinks of the players involved before popping out.

If Levanto can give me a satisfactory answer to my vote, Bluedoom is the next person I will vote.

SB nice name change

also ##Unvote

We don't even know what Helios's intentions really were in the first place, yet you put words in his mouth because "this is RVS" and therefore everything is meaningless. But your behavior towards Helios is rather unusual and comes off as overly defensive.

I'm aware that Helios has posted the reason for his self-vote, but this just feels like a huge overreaction to me. I don't think Helios voting himself had anything to do with him being town/scum, and it's much more reasonable to say that it was joking around in RVS (when RVS hadn't ended) than "he's scum because he's confident and stuff".

BBM's vote is scummy because it looks like he pulled some half-assed reasoning for it. Voting someone for being wary of a self-vote? Yeah right.

That's actually a pretty good reason to vote someone, especially when it's within the first 6 hours of game start and there's nothing else to go off.

Agree pretty much in entirety with BBM's reasoning for his early vote on Bizz, no idea what Prims is trying to do, null read on Helios, slightly wary of Bizz because of the logic for her Prims vote + her reaction to Helios.

##Vote Marth

Original reasoning for the BBM vote was crap, hasn't been much help anywhere else.

this, and then voting him for it.

Except I never voted Helios, so I think you need to do a reread.

Mancer I don't feel like starting another pointless fight with you so please stop while you're ahead. thank

SB explain how having 2 null reads= scummy? AFAIK its perfectly normal not to have proper reads at the beginning of the game.

Yes, but all you've done so far is be defensive and not try and produce content that will help you get reads. Saying you don't have reads is fine, but you're not really doing anything about it.

also thanks JB