Never Played Fire Emblem

Xeroix

I recently just got introduced to Fire Emblem series however my friend who own FE Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn thinks i shouldn't start them yet

so is there any recommendations of which game i should try first biggrin.gif

Hi there! Personally, I recommend Blazing Sword (FE7, the first released in america for the GBA) as your first game. The reason for this is because if you play it on cartridge for the first time, you'll have a forced tutorial which will teach you how the game plays. Coupled with one of the best stories in the series, solid average difficulty, and compelling characters, it really is a great entry point for the newbies.

Sacred stones should come next, though it has no relation to Blazing Sword, then I'd recommend the Gamecube and Wii games. After that, it's free game! I personally love Fire Emblem 5, Thracia 776 on the SNES/Super Famicom due to it's brutal difficulty and fun gameplay, but you might be different.

Anyway, hope this helps ya out :)

Sacred Stones is a pretty good first one.

Blazing Sword(just "Fire Emblem" outside of Japan) and Shadow Dragon are also good introductions.

EDIT:

Stay away from the SNES games until after you have completed a few other Fire Emblem games. They're great games(FE 5 is my favorite in the series), but they're not very good first games.

Stay away from the NES games in general.

Edited by RayDavid99

The Gameboy Advance games are a great place to start. Go with Sacred Stones if you don't play a lot of strategy games or Blazing Sword (known in the US as simply "Fire Emblem") if you do. Blazing Sword is the better game, but Sacred Stones is considerably easier.

Welcome to SF!

Actually, Sacred Stones (FE8) would be a great first game to try out first. Tell your friend that.

I'm assuming he hasn't finished Sacred Stones maybe that's why he said to not start on that one sleep.gif

I think i'll do this try both Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones and see how things will go biggrin.gif

and thank you for letting me know stay away from he NES and SNES Fire Emblem for now

Fire Emblem 7 (Blazing Sword, aka Fire Emblem in the west) is a great game to start with due to the in-game forced tutorial that is lyn mode. Fire Emblem 8 (Sacred Stones) is another easy game and you can download it off of the Nintendo 3DS eShop if you're an ambassador. Fire Emblem 9 (Path of Radiance) and Fire Emblem 11 (Shadow Dragon) are two other games that I would say are easy, but not as easy as FE7 or FE8.

Most other Fire Emblem games will require the use of roms and emulation to play in English, as around half of the games in this series are Japanese-exclusive (FE1-6, as well as 12). Fire Emblem 10 is available in the west, but I find it rather tough for a first game (it was my first game and I did bad on easy mode haha). If you're okay with emulation, definitely try out FE3, 4 and 5. All three are rather challenging, so I'd only advise playing them when you're more familiar with the series.

Finally, welcome to Serenes and enjoy your stay :D

You've never never played an FE game in your life and you've joined a forum? Weird lol

Play "Fire Emblem" for Game Boy Advance. In Japan it's the 7th game in the series, and has "Blazing sword" as it's sub-title; that's why people've been saying that.

It's the most standard Fire Emblem game you could possibly imagine.

Stay away from the SNES games until after you have completed a few other Fire Emblem games. They're great games(FE 5 is my favorite in the series), but they're not very good first games.

Stay away from the NES games in general.

Backwards.

The SNES FE games are Trash. FE 2 on the NES, however, is a masterpiece.

Fire Emblem 9 (Path of Radiance) and Fire Emblem 11 (Shadow Dragon) are two other games that I would say are easy, but not as easy as FE7 or FE8.

Funny, I found the GBA games to be harder than FE9. I still haven't beaten either of them, but I've completed PoR a few times.

Imo, FE7 isn't that great compared to the other games, and PoR (FE9) has good tutorials, so I recommend that.

Since you are planning on playing FE7, RE what Furet said: If you ever played Advance Wars, FE7's tutorial is probably about as grueling.

If you do emu though, you could consider pulling a save that's past Lyn's mode (off gamefaqs or some other save database) and then starting a new game on eliwood or hector mode. Those begin the main section of the story - you can always read a script if you want to see the first 10 chapters. Dunno if there's a way to pull a save onto a gba cart easily.

And the other thing (I haven't seen mentioned) that's worth keeping in mind is that if you really enjoy the story, FE6 (Japan only) continues with the cliffhanger tidbits FE7 leaves off with.

FE8 Sacred Stones is a good place to start if you want to start easy, but FE7 is the better example of what Fire Emblem is about. FE9 Path of Radiance isn't bad, and FE10 Radiant Dawn isn't bad as long as it's on easy. The SNES ones are what you want if you want difficulty first, so be aware.

While breaking rules themselves? Yeah.

Good job, Eclipse.

Not if you press Select.

I honestly don't know what your problem is as of late, but cool it. If you have a problem with me, take it to PM.

Not if you press Select.

Unless you meant that you're not annoyed by being forced by the tutorial even though the text boxes are turned off by pressing select...

Pressing Select doesn't do crap to change the annoyance factor of being forced through it in FE7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDKcuBVCXHs