Cleric Cecil

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why use Cleric/Mage Cecille when Malicia and Yumina exist and have higher rank?

When did I say to use Cleric/Mage Cecille? :/ Honestly, I'd keep her as a cavalier still, but I was just saying that if she WAS reclassed to a Cleric/Mage, she in no way should be up close for combat.

Just gonna point out that A rank tomes does nothing for male mages too

This is somewhat false. You don't get any new weapons, but you do get a slight bump in damage (this goes for all mages).

I think Cecil goes fine either way. Her 20% personal Magic growth is impressive, IMO.

Mage Cecille is a bit usable however, shes better off as a physical class since she starts at E tomes. That's terrible with bad durability

Edited by BASEDRyan

Why use Cleric/Mage Cecille when Malicia and Yumina exist and have higher rank?

Ehh... Malicia's good, but I don't know about Yumina being better. Especially not just because of staff rank. Cecil's staff rank can easily be to at least C by the time you get Yumina. Easily.

Mage Cecille is a bit usable however, shes better off as a physical class since she starts at E tomes. That's terrible with bad durability

Mage Cecil needs to be babied, just like Malicia, but with slightly worse results. That's why Cecil should go Cleric where her durability isn't a problem. Besides, if you use her enough in the early game and promote her, she can one-round pretty much everything with a fire tome (if you want to use Shaver or Nosferatu, take out the pretty much from that sentence) even on Lunatic'. Like I said, I have a 20/4 Cecil that can kill everything in one round and I'm only on chapter 6. I'd like to see Yumina do that, considering by that point you've only had her for two chapters and she has awful magic growth for a mage.

The way I see it, Cecil is the best candidate for a healer, 2nd best (after Malicia) as a Mage, and 3rd best (after Luke and Rody) as a Cav. Granted, Malicia would make a better healer, but if Cecil goes Cleric then Malicia can go Mage.

And anyone attempting Lunatic or Lunatic', believe me, feeding Cecil some extra heals in the early game and giving her your first Master Seal will make your life much easier. The reason she is the best candidate for the Seal is that since she doesn't take EXP from other units (since there are far fewer people competing to be a healbot than melee), and she can potentially gain EXP so quickly, she will hit 20 in no time and won't require an early promotion that would screw her over for the entire game. She can tank bishops, one-shot DKs, and as long as you give her some heals, she will gain enough exp to stay ahead of the rest of your party for the rest of the game. And if she gets RNG screwed and isn't strong enough to kill Gharnef, there's always Malicia.

Edited by starfirelord

Ehh... Malicia's good, but I don't know about Yumina being better. Especially not just because of staff rank. Cecil's staff rank can easily be to at least C by the time you get Yumina. Easily.

. . .just how slowly are you going? You need 15 alone to get from E to D.

You just described how Cleric/Mage Cecille doesn't work

If you're having clerics taking hits, then you're doing it wrong. There is no mage that can take two or more hits in this game.

. . .just how slowly are you going? You need 15 alone to get from E to D.

Uh... It's easy to have 15 uses to get it from E to D. Unless you want to end the chapter as quick as possible, if you take your time to heal the damaged units by the end of the chapter (after the boss is killed), her ranks will go up pretty quickly. Staff abusing is very easy too.

Doesn't Yumina have the exact same magic growth as Cecille?

Also Yumina has 15% more defense growth then her as a Cleric.

Edited by Jedi Of Connacht

Yumina has the same Magic growth as Cecil and a higher base. And higher base def on top of that. She also has starting staff rank (instant Physic woop) and Aum access if you're into that. Cecille has more chapters but if you want an early healer you can just use Mal until Yumina shows up.

Yumina has the same Magic growth as Cecil and a higher base. And higher base def on top of that. She also has starting staff rank (instant Physic woop) and Aum access if you're into that. Cecille has more chapters but if you want an early healer you can just use Mal until Yumina shows up.

That's all well and good, until you realize Cecil has an extra 10% HP growth and 25% extra SPD growth.

If you're having clerics taking hits, then you're doing it wrong. There is no mage that can take two or more hits in this game.

Uh... It's easy to have 15 uses to get it from E to D. Unless you want to end the chapter as quick as possible, if you take your time to heal the damaged units by the end of the chapter (after the boss is killed), her ranks will go up pretty quickly. Staff abusing is very easy too.

Exactly, I couldn't have put it better myself. Of course, if you are going for LTC then staff abuse isn't really a valid option, but that isn't what I am talking about.

Edited by starfirelord

That's all well and good, until you realize Cecil has an extra 10% HP growth and 25% extra SPD growth.

+10% HP >>>>>>> actual defense base and +15% def growth obvs.

And she like caps speed earlier than yumina omg top tier.

Also don't give me that "oh she won't be taking hits she's a healer" crap. You goof up, she dies because her durability sucks and you reset crying for the good level ups you got that run.

Promoting hardly helps her because her defense will be forever bad.

Let's also not forget Cleric Malicia exists if you think Yumina comes late.

Edited by Roxie

Also don't give me that "oh she won't be taking hits she's a healer" crap. You goof up, she dies because her durability sucks and you reset crying for the good level ups you got that run.

Promoting hardly helps her because her defense will be forever bad.

Give me an example of a Cleric that can take a hit and not die, then.

I don't like Yumina much just because of her starting stats, level, and only appearing in Chapter 5 (or was it 4?). Malliesia is good, though.

Give me an example of a Cleric that can take a hit and not die, then.

As if I didn't expect you to say that.

Malicia can take a 23 mt hit by level 11 and a 28 mt hit by level 10 cleric, I can't for the love of good remember H3 average mt in earlygame but if you're taking as slow as to 20/4 cecille by c6 I'm sure she can take a silver bow attack. Cecille can live through a 20 mt by level 11 and a 24 mt by level 20, on average,

I don't expect any of them to take an axe to the face but if anyone is gonna surely be one shotted in earlygame it's cecille.

Let's not forget cleric -> sage malicia is just better in everything and has hammerne. Both her and Yumina reach B-A rank staff easier and Yumina has Aum if you even bother with that.

I can understand if you like cleric cecille as a gimmicky but a whole thread existing to hype it like this is just ridiculous.

I don't go around saying Dark mage -> Sorcerer Draug and Pirate -> Hero Warren are the best things ever since hamburguers even though I love them, because it's far from optimal. Cleric cecille is certainly not optimal when Cecille just benefits more from a physical class.

Please don't try to make this Mage Caeda 2.0

Edited by Roxie

As if I didn't expect you to say that.

Malicia can take a 23 mt hit by level 11 and a 28 mt hit by level 10 cleric, I can't for the love of good remember H3 average mt in earlygame but if you're taking as slow as to 20/4 cecille by c6 I'm sure she can take a silver bow attack. Cecille can live through a 20 mt by level 11 and a 24 mt by level 20, on average,

I don't expect any of them to take an axe to the face but if anyone is gonna surely be one shotted in earlygame it's cecille.

Let's not forget cleric -> sage malicia is just better in everything and has hammerne. Both her and Yumina reach B-A rank staff easier and Yumina has Aum if you even bother with that.

I can understand if you like cleric cecille as a gimmicky but a whole thread existing to hype it like this is just ridiculous.

I don't go around saying Dark mage -> Sorcerer Draug and Pirate -> Hero Warren are the best things ever since hamburguers even though I love them, because it's far from optimal. Cleric cecille is certainly not optimal when Cecille just benefits more from a physical class.

Please don't try to make this Mage Caeda 2.0

I have no idea why we are talking about Fe11 Caeda when this topic is about Fe12 Cecil, but I doubt any enemies are hitting for 23 mt beyond the first couple chapters in Lunatic or Lunatic'. Also, I have no idea what you mean by Malicia being able to take a 23 mt hit at level 11 but 28 mt at level 10:

Malicia can take a 23 mt hit by level 11 and a 28 mt hit by level 10 cleric, I can't for the love of good remember H3 average mt in earlygame but if you're taking as slow as to 20/4 cecille by c6 I'm sure she can take a silver bow attack.

Please don't be blind and draw the parallels yourself.

And I meant level 20, that was a typo.

but I doubt any enemies are hitting for 23 mt beyond the first couple chapters in Lunatic or Lunatic'

I actually expect you worded this wrong because mt decreasing in lunatic mode lawl.

Edited by Roxie

Please don't be blind and draw the parallels yourself.

And I meant level 20, that was a typo.

I have no idea why we are talking about Fe11 Caeda when this topic is about Fe12 Cecil, but I doubt any enemies are hitting for 23 mt beyond the first couple chapters in Lunatic or Lunatic'. Also, I have no idea what you mean by Malicia being able to take a 23 mt hit at level 11 but 28 mt at level 10:

I actually expect you worded this wrong because mt decreasing in lunatic mode lawl.

No, it actually makes perfect sense: beyond (that means after fyi) the first chapters of lunatic, no one is hitting for 23 mt. If you read my post, I am talking about how enemies generally have more than 23 mt, after the forst few chapters, so it is worded correctly.

Perhaps you read it as: No one is hitting beyond 23 mt.

Edited by starfirelord

No, it actually makes perfect sense: beyond (that means after fyi) the first chapters of lunatic, no one is hitting for 23 mt. If you read my post, I am talking about how enemies generally have more than 23 mt, after the forst few chapters, so it is worded correctly.

Perhaps you read it as: No one is hitting beyond 23 mt.

In litrerally EVERY chapter past Prologue 8, there are always enemies that sport 23+ Attack, in prologue 8 they sport 23 atk, and after that, they continue the trend.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=22526

People need to read more carefully.

Xin: Malicia can take a 23 mt hit

Star: But no enemies in Lunatic have 23 mt

The meaning is clearly "23 mt or less" since the subject is whether or not Malicia can reasonably take a hit.

On topic, I've never played Lunatic but since enemies have a variety of might, and your clerics are probably overlevelled, if she can avoid getting doubled then Malicia is the superior cleric in terms of durability. And she'll also have a mag and rank lead until Cecil caps either of them.

People need to read more carefully.

Xin: Malicia can take a 23 mt hit

Star: But no enemies in Lunatic have 23 mt

The meaning is clearly "23 mt or less" since the subject is whether or not Malicia can reasonably take a hit.

On topic, I've never played Lunatic but since enemies have a variety of might, and your clerics are probably overlevelled, if she can avoid getting doubled then Malicia is the superior cleric in terms of durability. And she'll also have a mag and rank lead until Cecil caps either of them.

First I want to establish something here, since the term MT is actually used wrongly here, I want to first confirm that we are talking about Attack, the combination of STR + MT. [Context indicates this is the subject of discussion, since it is pointless to say someone can take a 23 MT hit (Max Mt Silv Lance forge) if we don't take strength into account (Another full 12 points or something)]

Xin states that malicia can take a hit at a certain level that is max 23 attack. [At least 24 HP/0 Def, 23/1, 22/2 etc] Which, if we look at averages, is true.

Starfirelord states enemies in lunatic only have 23 attack past the first few chapters. If we look at Lunatic enemy stats in the link I gave, we can see that everywhere in every chapter past (and partially in the prologue), there is always at least one type of enemy hitting 23 + mt. Silver axe brigands, later steel axe fighters/brigands etc. Chapter two has dracoknights. This claim is false.