Pokemon X and Y

Jaybee

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering if X and Y are beta titles and won't be used as the names for the final product.

cause they are kinda lame.

But you really only see the game's title once in a play session so its not like its a big deal.

I'm wondering if X and Y are beta titles and won't be used as the names for the final product.

But you really only see the game's title once in a play session so its not like its a big deal.

Has the games used beta titles before? I know Gold and Silver were only just Pocket Monsters 2 but has that been common for the series as a whole?

The starters look really great with the possibility of going somewhere great. Lets just hope it isn't a disappointment like what happened with the Oshawott line <_<. Also hope that there is no fire/fighting starter this gen... seriously we have had it for 3 gens cut the bullshit.

Also the tpings are going to be x, y, and z for the third pokemon game (or so i would expect). This signifies the labels of the cartesian plane in 3 dimensions :3 Thats pretty cool. Specially since its for the 3DS :3 :awesome:

I'm not likely going to buy it, but i will complain that it was just a year ago that i bought it.

I dunno if that's the case... They definitely put effort into showing the antlers in the X and they made the Y look feathery... so I think the title is completely intentional and are meant to stay.

Hmm, following the pattern, if there is a 3rd version, and it's Z... I wonder how they could incorporate a Z into a design...

That, or we'll have a Zorro-esque Pokémon in our hands. lol

Those of you saying Z is a likely 3rd game [it may be] but watch them pull a Black and White 2 again but this time

X to the 2nd power and Y to the 2nd Power

So I'm guessing the developers ran out of colors to name the games after so they are now starting to name it after letters

It's funny seeing those comments of running out, when they've only done it for two Gens (unless you count Gold and Silver as colors instead of the precious metals). And even counting those two they've only used 8 colors from.... a ton.

Helixes=DNA=More emphasis on the Mewtwo/Deoxys stuff and manmade pokemon?

Also, FROAKY.

YESSSSSS.

I'll bet he's going to turn into either a water/ground or water/fighting or maybe water/rock or water/steel.

And the fire starter looks fun, maybe it's fire/psychic.

I'm surprised the next gen will be released so soon after B2W2's release. It's normally a longer wait. Regardless, it's most welcome.

And it's about time they ditched the sprites, as much as I like the spritework. 3D models are the right way to go.

As for the starters, none of them are really pulling me in. But I suppose the grass starter would once again be my first pick, as they have been since Gen 3 with Treecko, 4th with Turtwig and 5th with Snivy. Just gotta wait for the evolutions before I make a final decision.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, I thought that the National Pokedex was going to stop at 700 Pokemon with this generation. Turns out I misread that news bulletin on Serebii, as now it reads "over 700". That still doesn't get my hopes up to whether or not they added a ton of new Pokemon, but we'll see once the new ones start coming out.

Edited by Karaszure

Well, here's some downright sad news. When Gen 6 releases, the amount of Pokemon in the National Dex is going to increase to 700. And if any of you can do math, it means that they're only adding in 51 Pokemon to the new generation, as the cap for the National Dex as of Gen 5 was 649.

Well, I dunno about you guys, but the addition of fewer Pokemon is sad news to me. >_>

Actually, Game Freak said there would be a large number of new Pokemon that will push the Pokemon count over 700.

Actually, Game Freak said there would be a large number of new Pokemon that will push the Pokemon count over 700.

Yeah, I misinterpreted that one on accident. My bad. ._.;;

Someone mentioned the possibility of a new type, I wonder what that could be?

Light maybe? Strong against Dark and ghost, maybe water, weak to fire and electricity and steel, since fire and electricity are light sources and steel reflects light.

Both legendaries seem to be emitters of light, the X could be light/steel and Y could be light/flying or light/dragon.

Can anyone else see some customization options for your trainer? Like changing the color of there cloths.

Edit: So will the game be able to trade with the DS games or will all the Pokemon be obtainable.

Edited by Gold Vanguard

I was considering EV training on Black 2, but with this being released before I would even train a team of 6, I don't think I'll even bother.

I just need better (and more favourite) Pokemon to make the Champions tournament in the PWT easier. So maybe 3 or 4 trained would suffice for single/double/rotation battles. Fuck triple battles.