Fire Emblem Awakening: 3DS Bundle Thread

Diortem

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it's close enough to Vader you can still make puns on it.

:p

Touché.

I'm sure I can still make horrible puns on the localized names as well.

Though I'm curious...

They showed the official spelling is still "Lucina"... But I wonder if they're gonna go "Lu-key-na" like the roomaji or "Lu-see-na" like how I would say it if I just looked at the English spelling.

Though since they're still keeping the Japanese voice tracks, it's gonna be funny hearing *someone* call him by his name.

Same with someone yelling "EMELINA-SAMA!!!"

Edited by shadowofchaos

Though I'm curious...

They showed the official spelling is still "Lucina"... But I wonder if they're gonna go "Lu-key-na" like the roomaji or "Lu-see-na" like how I would say it if I just looked at the English spelling.

I always said "Loo-SEE-nah" myself. I think it's meant to be similar to Lucia, and Lucia is pronounced "LOO-see-ah" according to RD.

Anyway, I'm sooo excited. Awakening seems to have gotten more attention in this issue of GameInformer than any other title, which is surprising! I've never seen an FE game get this much focus in something American before!

Edited by Anacybele

Anyway, I'm sooo excited. Awakening seems to have gotten more attention in this issue of GameInformer than any other title, which is surprising! I've never seen an FE game get this much focus in something American before!

Well, Fire Emblem's been kind of a niche series in North America. Heck, the only reason it got really any note was because of Smash Bros. Plus, it would take a while for something like a Strategy RPG to be looked upon with love, especially after Fire Emblem's other tries in the west (need I remind you about FE11?). The fact that this is one of, if not THE best Fire Emblems helps, as well as its massive popularity in it's country of origin. And Nintendo just seems really hell-bent on giving this thing massive amounts of coverage, which is good.

Well, Fire Emblem's been kind of a niche series in North America. Heck, the only reason it got really any note was because of Smash Bros. Plus, it would take a while for something like a Strategy RPG to be looked upon with love, especially after Fire Emblem's other tries in the west (need I remind you about FE11?). The fact that this is one of, if not THE best Fire Emblems helps, as well as its massive popularity in it's country of origin. And Nintendo just seems really hell-bent on giving this thing massive amounts of coverage, which is good.

Yes, very good indeed. This could help boost FE's overall popularity over here too! Which I would love to see. Intelligent Systems did a good job this time, I can definitely tell. <3

And after I get the game, I'm going to eagerly wait for the DLC that gives you Ike for your team. <3

Edited by Anacybele

This looks pretty nice, but I already got a 3DS and I don't have the money for another one, nor do I need one at the moment

It's awesome that the FE 3DS is coming stateside, but I'm content with my current 3DS and do not see the need to buy another one when my current one still works just fine.

Personally I don't get the appeal with the XL Models (DS, DSI and 3DS) personally but that's just me.

I'll need to know how much the bundle is before I go out and preorder it. I preordered Fire Emblem Awakening last week but if the bundle can be preordered and it's under $215 I will do that <3

I know it's said that the bundle comes with the game pre-installed, but might someone verify that for my brain with the ad or wherever it says that

(I'm a bit of a purist, I don't mind either way, but I prefer physical copies if I can help it)

Why, yes, Nintendo, you can have my leftover money.

I hope the bundle will be available on Amazon, since I could ask the local video game store to order it, and get rid of the crappy 3DS I have. If not, it'll be mass-saving for me. That, with the pre-order, will be burning a big hole in my pocket. I'll have a lot of fun looking for it if it's not in Wal-Mart, either.

I always saw it as "Lu-see-na", but the translators may think otherwise. I'm just hoping it won't be "Lu-shi-na".

Honestly, I don't see a point in getting this 3DS unless it's an XL.

I mean, while blue-white is a nice color scheme, it doesn't exactly scream Fire Emblem to me.

And the displayed sword is the Awakening version of the Falchion which doesn't look in the slightest like the iconic design that the series managed to maintain through all of it's incarnations since it's debut on the Famicom. It's like Nintendo would have decided to change the Triforce's shape into a circle for the Zelda themed 3DS.

And dragons alone are to generic to make it look like Fire Emblem.

It's really just a regular 3DS with blue and white colors. It looks nice but it's not a must-buy in the slightest.

Edited by BrightBow

Honestly, I don't see a point in getting this 3DS unless it's an XL.

I mean, while blue-white is a nice color scheme, it doesn't exactly scream Fire Emblem to me.

And the displayed sword is the Awakening version of the Falchion which doesn't look in the slightest like the iconic design that the series managed to maintain through all of it's incarnations since it's debut on the Famicom. It's like Nintendo would have decided to change the Triforce's shape into a circle for the Zelda themed 3DS.

And dragons alone are to generic to make it look like Fire Emblem.

It's really just a regular 3DS with blue and white colors. It looks nice but it's not a must-buy in the slightest.

Well, except if you don't have a 3DS, find XL model lame, and love this Falchion more than the others. There is no accounting for taste you know. :D:

(It's sad that we don't know if it's coming to Europe, 'cause if it is i could return my 3DS. Damn Nintendo and their late announcements >_< )

The katakana for the Japanese name is explicitly "lu-ki-na", with no possible ambiguity on the second syllable. Similarly, the name "Lucina" comes from a Roman goddess, and in Latin, a "c" is always hard, meaning that the original version of the name she's keeping is still absolutely "lu-ki-na". We'll have to wait to see how her name gets pronounced in the actual game, but I'm hoping they at least don't mangle the same Roman name they borrow the English spelling from.

Also, if it turns up in brick and mortar stores, and people want to trade in their original 3DS for it, ask if you could do a system transfer in store. My store said they'd be quite happy to do it (I had a chat to them about the FE 3DS back when it first came out in Japan) so ling as, of course, I traded in my 3DS on the launch of the console, so they were actually allowed to get it out for you and such.

Then again, I'm pretty buddy with my local store, and they've broken the rules for me before, so it might not be something they're allowed to do.

Also, I live in Australia, so may not be applicable to US stores XD Still, if it's what you're thinking of doing, I'd suggest asking the manager at your local store to see what they can do for you.

The katakana for the Japanese name is explicitly "lu-ki-na", with no possible ambiguity on the second syllable. Similarly, the name "Lucina" comes from a Roman goddess, and in Latin, a "c" is always hard, meaning that the original version of the name she's keeping is still absolutely "lu-ki-na". We'll have to wait to see how her name gets pronounced in the actual game, but I'm hoping they at least don't mangle the same Roman name they borrow the English spelling from.

I live in Latin America ( Brazil ) and in the ''ce'' and ''ci'', the letter C is pronounced as ''see''.

The ''ca'', ''co'' and ''cu'' parts are pronounced like C is the letter ''K''.

''ce'' like in Celebrity and ''ci'' like in Similarity.

For example : ''Five'' here is ''cinco''. Pronounced SEEN-KO. ( This Ko like Corporation )

I think it's similar for spanish.

So Loo-see-nah sounds like the way to go.

I don't think they would want us to loo-kee-nah with a ''ci''. I think even in North America would sound strange. They would have put straight Lukina.

I'm also italian descendant and even if they wanted this variant, Lucina would pronounce Loo-tee-nah .

And if they wanted that effect they probably would translate her name as Luchina.

Granted, back when latin was used by the romans the ''C'' could have that pronounce like a ''K'', but i think they are gonna change it to not confuse people...won't be the first time someone does this.

Edited by Lanko