Another Reason to Hate High School

*sigh*

My mom won't let me get Awakening... Apparently, I'm "too busy." And since I respect my mom, I'm not going to go around secretly downloading/buying the game...

I'll be able to get them in June - on June 1 to be exact... after I take the SAT...

So that means that I can't get the bundle... and I'm extremely disappointed at that... Buying it later seems highly unlikely, since it'll be overpriced... unless I can buy a used one on ebay or something... *sigh*

So here I am, venting my anger on a Serenes Forest thread, far from the forest...

Sorry if this sounds annoying. :P

I just can't help it... I'm. Just. So. Disappointed.

(Wouldn't you be?)

Edit: I just realized that I can't get the art book either. *severely disappointed, although realized that's it's for the best because if he got the game, he'd go crazy and spend way too much time on it and end up getting bad grades*

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask if she can pick it up with you on release, and have her keep it until your SATs are over.

Already tried that...

She's not budging... :(

Edit: Poor, poor me... Most of you are able to get it... since you're either in college (or up) or don't have strict study schedules...

Already tried that...

She's not budging... :(

I know how you feel, my mom may not even let me get it since she's one of those "perfectionist parents." So more than likely I won't get it unless I can get my nana to get it.

I know how you feel, my mom may not even let me get it since she's one of those "perfectionist parents." So more than likely I won't get it unless I can get my nana to get it.

Well, at least you have a nana that might get it for you. :)

(Lucky you.)

Well, my parents are far from "perfectionist parents"... by my standards, at least.

I don't know about you, though...

Actually, I take that back. I got a 201 for the PSAT. Apparently, that's not good enough.

I got 700+ for math; 700+ for writing; and only 530 for the critical reading... I need to work on that part...

(At least I'll get a nice computer if I do well on the SAT. XD)

*sigh*

My mom won't let me get Awakening... Apparently, I'm "too busy." And since I respect my mom, I'm not going to go around secretly downloading/buying the game...

I'll be able to get them in June - on June 1 to be exact... after I take the SAT...

So that means that I can't get the bundle... and I'm extremely disappointed at that... Buying it later seems highly unlikely, since it'll be overpriced... unless I can buy a used one on ebay or something... *sigh*

So here I am, venting my anger on a Serenes Forest thread, far from the forest...

Sorry if this sounds annoying. :P

I just can't help it... I'm. Just. So. Disappointed.

(Wouldn't you be?)

Edit: I just realized that I can't get the art book either. *severely disappointed, although realized that's it's for the best because if he got the game, he'd go crazy and spend way too much time on it and end up getting bad grades*

WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE (or thereabouts?) I was learning to drive

there was this EXTREMELY BONER (I MEAN SEXTREMELY BONER) game called World in Conflict and I was so hard up for it

but MY PACT to MY SELF was that I had to get my license BEFORE I could buy and play World in Conflict

YOU can DO IT and I will personally scan you the artbook when you do if it hasn't been yet for some reason.

@Freohr Datia

That's a bit late, isn't it? (Sounds nice, though. :P)

@Spectakitty

Harsh... Yes, definitely harsh.

*sigh*

Edit: @Integrity

I'd be learning to drive if I was living in America...

Unfortunately, I'm not.

World in Conflict? Never heard of it. (I don't really play non-Nintendo games, you see.)

Yeah... I know I can take the test. How well I'll take it is a different matter... I'm intending on doing well.

As in getting at least a 2100 total. (If not higher.)

How can you scan the artbook for me if I don't even live in America right now?!

My family will be going back in half a year... in June.

(I have to go to college the year after that...)

It worked in the end~ All it mean was that I couldn't retake it but if that takes money to retake then I wouldn't have been able to retake it in the first place XD

Also I never took the PSAT that they offered by sophomore year

Well, at least you have a nana that might get it for you. :)

(Lucky you.)

Well, my parents are far from "perfectionist parents"... by my standards, at least.

I don't know about you, though...

Actually, I take that back. I got a 201 for the PSAT. Apparently, that's not good enough.

I got 700+ for math; 700+ for writing; and only 530 for the critical reading... I need to work on that part...

Well I say that she is because of what she said to me. "D's aren't enough to pass." Last time I checked they were and plus it was just a progress report. Honestly I don't know what she thinks. Plus I don't know if my nana would or not, it'd just depend on how much money she'd be able to spend on me.

Edited by Noctus-Kai

I took my SAT in November '10. I was 19 at the time.

:]

o_O

I'll take it before then...

I *want* to take it before then... I want to leave this house and start my own life... (Yes, I know. That's the typical teenage attitude. :P)

It worked in the end~ All it mean was that I couldn't retake it but if that takes money to retake then I wouldn't have been able to retake it in the first place XD

Also I never took the PSAT that they offered by sophomore year

I took it in my junior year (this school year)... last October.

Edit:

Well I say that she is because of what she said to me. "D's aren't enough to pass." Last time I checked they were and plus it was just a progress report. Honestly I don't know what she thinks. Plus I don't know if my nana would or not, it'd just depend on how much money she'd be able to spend on me.

D's? o_O

I don't like my Bs... or my occasional Cs...

And c'mon... $40 isn't *THAT* much...

But yeah~ I'll get the game... I just have to wait... forever. (<-Exaggeration.)

D's? o_O

But yeah~ I'll get the game... I just have to wait... forever. (<-Exaggeration.)

a-student high five bro

Ugh. I just feel bad for ya in particular since you seem sold on this particular game.

/didn't take her SAT until senior year because procrastination

I took the SAT in 7th or 8th grade, because it was the rubric they used for admission into some overrated yet very fun summer program or something.

Damnit dude. I got a 2100, but probably in the 500s for math. And that was after years of taking various SAT after another and acclimating to the test, incidentally to being alive.

But I'm horrible at reading test instructions. Once, I did part 5 when everyone else was on part 4 (pretend those numbers are the right ones), and when we were told to go onto part 5, I rebubbled all the answers I had bubbled into part 4 into part 5, erased the answers I had put into part 4, and then sat until the section was complete. The rigors of following the rules, even though I wasn't following the rules by definition, because I had made a mistake.

Maybe it's better to say I was horrible in that instance...

Edited by Mouse

Ugh. I just feel bad for ya in particular since you seem sold on this particular game.

I took the SAT in 7th or 8th grade, because it was the rubric they used for admission into some overrated yet very fun summer program or something.

Damnit dude. I got a 2100, but probably in the 500s for math. And that was after years of taking various SAT after another and acclimating to the test, incidentally to being alive.

But I'm horrible at reading test instructions. Once, I did part 5 when everyone else was on part 4 (pretend those numbers are the right ones), and when we were told to go onto part 5, I rebubbled all the answers I had bubbled into part 4 into part 5, erased the answers I had put into part 4, and then sat until the section was complete. The rigors of following the rules, even though I wasn't following the rules by definition, because I had made a mistake.

Maybe it's better to say I was horrible in that instance...

You bet'cha I am. I really want this game... and I'll be getting it. Just late. Later. (Even later than Europe.)

I hope to get a 2100... on my first try. (I never took the SAT before... just the PSAT.)

Wow. o_O

The instructions are such an important part of the test. To mess them up, is to, like, mess everything up. (<- Exaggeration.)

And a'wha? Why in the would would you take the SAT in 7th/8th grade? That's early. Really, really early. (You sure it was the SAT?)

get a job. Buy digital copy. Profit.

Unfortunately I don't get much cash anymore. Did PC repair, and everyone is gettin macs now =|. Idiots.

Would get a job. Would buy digital copy. Would profit.

If only I could do that. I can't get a job... yet. Well, I teach my siblings piano, but~ I don't consider that a "job," even though I do get paid... It's more like a "chore."

I don't have connection to Wi-Fi... usually. And even if I did, I'd have to ask my dad or mom to put funds in my account... (Can't buy a gift card where I am... not in America.)

AND (I already said this), I don't want to deceive my mom or anything... That's bad... not right.

I don't get much cash either... 'cause I'm a student... under 18. I want a Mac, too. :P

It might be a bother to you when you're young and under their stewardship, but your folks are just looking out for you, in their own way.

I feel you on that artbook though, now that's a loss.

alternatively though you could just tell them "ey forget all of that stuff you were saying and watch me handle my own business" and you know, keep getting the grades and get the money you need and be playing the game when you want to

if you could that is

She sounds more like a person with standards than a perfectionist.

When she complains about Bs, let me know.

Edited by Makaze

o_O

I'll take it before then...

I *want* to take it before then... I want to leave this house and start my own life... (Yes, I know. That's the typical teenage attitude. :P)

I took it in my junior year (this school year)... last October.

Edit:

D's? o_O

Actually if she knew the problem and understood then yeah. Also it bugs me because she actually rewarded me for bringing a low F to a high F(29 to 69:/) and yet got mad when I was actually passing my classes(in which I am now passing them all thanks to Extra Credit and Final exams.)

It might be a bother to you when you're young and under their stewardship, but your folks are just looking out for you, in their own way.

I feel you on that artbook though, now that's a loss.

alternatively though you could just tell them "ey forget all of that stuff you were saying and watch me handle my own business" and you know, keep getting the grades and get the money you need and be playing the game when you want to

if you could that is

Yeah, I recognize that. And I appreciate it... sort of.

*sigh*

That artbook~

Don't think I'm accountable enough to "handle my own business." :P

I would, when it comes to Fire Emblem... but they wouldn't believe me... Heck, I wouldn't believe myself... XD

The money is no problem... I've already been saving up for it. (Like, since it came out in Japan.)

So I'm going to buy the download ('cause I don't live in America right now...), all the DLC ('cause, well, it's DLC for Fire Emblem), and a physical copy of the game ('cause I want to hold the cartridge in my hand).

I'm just disappointed that I can't get the bundle... I've been wanting it since it came out in Japan...

Haha... Maybe so. Maybe so.

Edit:

Actually if she knew the problem and understood then yeah. Also it bugs me because she actually rewarded me for bringing a low F to a high F(29 to 69:/) and yet got mad when I was actually passing my classes(in which I am now passing them all thanks to Extra Credit and Final exams.)

I understand... The better you do, the more they expect you to do later on.

It's like that for me... I do well; they expect me to do even better. (Well, my dad does, but that's because he grew up in Korea, where education is a race, a competition. My mom, on the other hand, is more lax about it. Still strict, but more lax than my dad... when it comes to education. For other thing... it's the other way around. My dad becomes the lax one.)

I have a friend who deliberately tries to keep his parents' expectations low, so, you know, he can do basically whatever he wants... (Although he's still a good student... with mostly As and Bs...)

It's a letdown, but you can do it. Only two more years to go before you can start writing your own rulz.

Edited by Katarina