I called Game Stop today.

Replica Model

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, anyone willing to sneak in and leak that email?

We really need to know what exactly it says so that we know what's going on.

An email regarding an early release by Game Stop? I simply called Game Stop asking if they were releasing it early just because I thought "Eh, what that heck! Canadians got it early, so lets see if America can!". I just posted what I heard from that phone call I made, which is in the first post. I don't even know Nintendo's official email address anyway.

I'm honestly surprised that a lot of GameStop stores are unaware of the street date being lifted and the arrival of the games at their stores. Maybe it's the lack of checking e-mails or maybe no one telling the employees what's going on? o.o

This discussion over when Gamestop's releasing it is almost as hyped as when Brawl came out. Geez.

Says the person who went and bought it way back with the Japanese release and has already played it.

Well then, go check out your local Game Stop! Well, that is, if you pre-ordered it.

You know after reading all of these posts about the game and delays, I am ever grateful that I pre-ordered the game because I wanted the artbook and because I had a feeling that this might happen. XD Pre-ordering this game is definitely something I won't regret!

Oh, does anybody know if this applies to North Carolina too? I live in Fayetteville, somewhat close to the coastline. I'd love it if I could rush over to Gamestop tomorrow to get my physical copy! I wonder if the 3DS bundles will arrive early too...

Oh, does anybody know if this applies to North Carolina too? I live in Fayetteville, somewhat close to the coastline. I'd love it if I could rush over to Gamestop tomorrow to get my physical copy! I wonder if the 3DS bundles will arrive early too...

My best suggestion for you would to call them tomorrow around noonish and see if they got their copies of the game. If not, be sure to check when they expect to be getting them in.

You know after reading all of these posts about the game and delays, I am ever grateful that I pre-ordered the game because I wanted the artbook and because I had a feeling that this might happen. XD Pre-ordering this game is definitely something I won't regret!

Yeah, me two. As soon as I heard about that artbook I was like nagging my dad to go Game Stop to pre-order it. xD Plus we were already going there because my brother wanted to go get a Pro Controller for the WiiU, I also bought Disgaea DS there as well as pre-ordering FEA. TOTAL WIN FOR ME! Except I couldn't afford that gorgeous 3DS Bundle. :(: But hey! I got the artbook and (possibly) and early copy! What else can I ask for instead for this great deal?

Yeah, me two. As soon as I heard about that artbook I was like nagging my dad to go Game Stop to pre-order it. xD Plus we were already going there because my brother wanted to go get a Pro Controller for the WiiU, I also bought Disgaea DS there as well as pre-ordering FEA. TOTAL WIN FOR ME! Except I couldn't afford that gorgeous 3DS Bundle. :(: But hey! I got the artbook and (possibly) and early copy! What else can I ask for instead for this great deal?

Yeah. Same here. I had wanted to pre-order the game as soon as it was announced. Then I found out that the artbook was a pre-order bonus. I went to pre-order it two days before Christmas when my family was doing some last minute shopping stuff I believe. XD I also wanted the bundle, but I had already gotten my 3DS, so I couldn't get it.

I'm honestly surprised that a lot of GameStop stores are unaware of the street date being lifted and the arrival of the games at their stores. Maybe it's the lack of checking e-mails or maybe no one telling the employees what's going on? o.o

Uhh... from what I heard, they're being told to stop selling it and stick to Feb 4th?

My best suggestion for you would to call them tomorrow around noonish and see if they got their copies of the game. If not, be sure to check when they expect to be getting them in.

Actually, I can do better than that. The nearest Gamestop to my house is actually within walking distance, and I pre-ordered my physical copy there, so I'll just go right in. Well, sorta within walking distance. But I've walked that far before. I just have to be careful crossing that street since it's on the opposite side from where my neighborhood's entrance is. Damn it lacking many crosswalks... >_>

Also, the Gamestop site says the 3DS bundle is the hottest thing right now related to the 3DS, so those who preordered it or want it should scoot over to the nearest store that'll be selling them as quickly as possible when they arrive! It's better to be safe than sorry, after all.

Edited by Anacybele

Uhh... from what I heard, they're being told to stop selling it and stick to Feb 4th?

I'm pretty sure that was for Canadian stores. I was informed by a GameStop employee that the street date was lifted in the United States. As far as I'm aware, the street date has not been lifted in Canada.

I think my question got missed in the deluge of comments, but does anyone know if I could go and pick up my bundle in another state since I will be out of town, just in case it comes out in the weekend? I've never done or heard of this being done before and considering mine is a preorder and I have my receipt for proof, I hope I don't have to wait until I return if itdoes indeed release early in DC......

I think my question got missed in the deluge of comments, but does anyone know if I could go and pick up my bundle in another state since I will be out of town, just in case it comes out in the weekend? I've never done or heard of this being done before and considering mine is a preorder and I have my receipt for proof, I hope I don't have to wait until I return if itdoes indeed release early in DC......

As far as I know, you need to pick up the pre-order copy of your game at the GameStop you pre-ordered it from. They only get enough pre-order copies for those who pre-ordered at that store.

I got call from my gamestop ( in California) yesterday saying that the game will be available to be picked up the 5th. My friend calls them today and they said that their system says it will release the 8th but said it should be some kind of mistake and recommends we call back tomorrow...Facepalm_emote_gif.gif I have no idea what's going on anymore...

Actually, I think I'll hold off going until my mom can take me there tomorrow after she gets out of work. I wouldn't want to waste a lot of energy walking up to the store only to find they don't have the game yet.

Called near Philadelphia, PA, and heard the 5th.

Are you serious? Which section of the city is your GS located? I'm hoping that the different sections get different dates; of courses as close to the 4th as possible. But, I highly doubt they're gonna ship the games to the same city on different dates for different sections of the city if they were to delay it.

As far as I know, you need to pick up the pre-order copy of your game at the GameStop you pre-ordered it from. They only get enough pre-order copies for those who pre-ordered at that store.

Ok thanks! Dammit, why does this release have to be so chaotic?! I don't remember ever being this stressed for a release in my life! sad.gif