Shining Force 2 Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, so multimafia has been guaranteed

SB, said he was redirected, so there is a good chance the Nightkill, (Balc's) can be redirected and thus we should really pick 3 people this time and fix them if we are going to ask him to shoot this night.

I don't follow the logic... There's the possibility of a redirecter with unconfirmed alignment that can possibly change Balc's target to whomever they please, how does that incentive us to give Balc targets?

I really cannot conclude what might have happened on N1 as in not being able to decide if there were 2 kills or just one, but to me it makes more sense to have 2 kills and not just one.

I would like to know everyone's opinions on whether we should have a night kill by Balc or not

if we do have one, I will nominate SB for reasons I voted him.

Why would it make more sense having two kills? Though I suppose if there is we'll probably find it out this night.

I don't think Balc idling again would be that helpful, but I'd say if Balc shoots he should probably be aware of the full effect of his role and don't out or hint his target in the thread until day 3, imo.

Though I probably don't know enough about what I'm talking about.

Any information you could give about how you were redirected up to a sensible point could help, SB.

The thing is, a mafia redirecting SB over someone like Lucy/Bal makes little sense because he hasn't claimed, so for him to be redirected, he was either redirected by a town redirector, or he was Rolecopped N0 and the mafia decided that his role should be redirected for whatever reason. But generally on N0, mafia want to Rolecop a player who doesn't often get lynched, or someone who breadcrumbed something, neither of which SB is. And a town redirector wouldn't mess with the claimed Vig variant in any case.

Here's the whole mod error mishap. Censored stuff about my role, since I don't want people to know.

Night 1 Results:

While you decide that<SNIP>, for some inexplicable reason, unable to reach him.

In other words, You, god, have failed.

Fuck I made a mistake.

Your actually did perform your n1 action. Your target was not TARGETTED.

So I was redirected? Or as <SNIP>?

Ugh,

You successfully targetted somebody that was not your original target, with your night action.

Hey BBM, don't try to predict what the mafia thinks, because we don't know what they think. Unless we're the mafia.

Yeah those are likely rolecop targets but we can't be completely sure they took that decision/line of thinking this game. Or perhaps the rolecop was redirected, even? Which I find unlikely but yeah.

So, there's two anti-town factions now.

I think this is a good time to reread people you previously thought might be town due to Mancer's flip. i.e., BBM. There's still a decent chance he might be in the Mafia now instead of The Other Guys.

I'm willing to buy Sho as town on role if only because having nothing to verify alliances in multi-mafia is extremely bastard. Marth is a wee bit iffier, but he isn't a priority (yet).

In terms of whether Bal should shoot, I'd be happier if he'd come back first.

So, there's two anti-town factions now.

I think this is a good time to reread people you previously thought might be town due to Mancer's flip. i.e., BBM. There's still a decent chance he might be in the Mafia now instead of The Other Guys.

I already had an idea of who I would/wouldn't vote. This revelation makes the "would" vote pool bigger, but not to the point where I want to state "LYNCH THIS PERSON BEFORE THE NIGHT PHASE IS OUT!!!1111" Except for Prims, but he's already dead. :P:

I'll state more D3/when there's more people around, because I'm pretty sure I won't die tonight.

To everyone who has asked me to keep playing, thanks. It was very flattering. To be honest, I didn't think I would be back again, but someone asked me to come and defend myself. Unfortunately, I summed it all up in my last post. I will not hash it out with Eclipse. I won't quote her post, or explain why it is utterly hypocritical to preach about courtesy when you are a person of her disposition.

It might seem like an overreaction to sub out for that remark, but this has been building for awhile. I don't want to spend the next month sitting through irl-driven tirades. I don't want to read her cursing out other people with the F-word. In general, I consider her a vulgar person. I go to school full-time and work part-time at a daycare for old folks. In my free time, I like to relax and have fun. I can't play my hardest and ignore her content. She will be relevant to my wincon in one form or another, so avoiding her is counterproductive.

So, why bother popping in.

Someone in the game is pretty important to me, and he was worried you all would consider me "a pussy" for running away from Eclipse. If you think I'm "a pussy," it's fine. If that's the case, you may not understand this, but I'll put it out there. I'm not running. From past experience, I've come to the conclusion that it is unwise to hang around negative people. It's an energy drain. It is easier for both parties if one person walks away. If you are unable to respect that, I have no other explanation.

My friend argued that this was impractical, since several people at SF have voices similar to hers. If that's the case, I might need to get my Mafia on in a stricter community. I'll play more games here, and find what works best (Void really was fun). That being said, thank you for playing with me. Baldrick, it probably won't come as a surprise, but I've enjoyed your content too. We have similar voices, and you feel like a kindred spirit. Proto, if I hurt your feelings, it was unintentional. Regardless of that, I'm sorry.

And with that, I have nothing else to say. Live long and prosper. tongue.gif Also, Shinori's last post is scum.

If that's the case, I might need to get my Mafia on in a stricter community.

ahahahaha good luck with that

not even trying to be antagonizing with this post (in case it comes off that way), i'm just saying

You're not reading what I'm trying to say, not analyzing WHY I'm saying stuff, and instead decide to sub out in a game when the host is scrambling for subs. Your actions tell me far more about you than words, and I am not pleased with what I see. Maybe one day, you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

Your actions tell me far more about you than words, and I am not pleased with what I see.

i think this is silly because even though you said you thought paulina was being passive-aggressive in that query with me on irc sometimes "i don't want to play this game because another player is being an asshole and it's totally unfun for me" means "i don't want to play this game because another player is being an asshole and it's totally unfun for me"

passive-aggressive is literally everything mancer said about swearing in CMV

SF is actually the only mafia community left that I can play at that doesn't immediately lynch me D1 for my unfamiliar playermeta

i think this is silly because even though you said you thought paulina was being passive-aggressive in that query with me on irc sometimes "i don't want to play this game because another player is being an asshole and it's totally unfun for me" means "i don't want to play this game because another player is being an asshole and it's totally unfun for me"

passive-aggressive is literally everything mancer said about swearing in CMV

I think half of the annoyances I've announced in-thread, which should be pretty clear to everyone. The fact that she's not addressing the WHY of what I put out (as in, why do that to Proto after complaining about the exact same thing being done earlier) and up and left is yet another thing that bugs me. I will not run because someone's being a supposed asshole/I'm not having fun; I owe it to the host to see it out, unless something really nasty happens IRL/I need to sub out due to a hosting error or something equally dramatic. To up and run just because of one person, IMO, is discourteous to the host.

from your iso i do definitely agree that she's on poor grounds to ragequit (read: hits the "if I were modding I would refuse to sub this player out and just wait for inactivity modkill if they don't change their mind" clause) since nothing you posted was a personal insult. my post wasn't about whether the sub request is OK mafia etiquette or not, though; given the circumstances it's definitely not. i'm just saying i don't think it's passive-aggressive like you seem to be implying, since a holier-than-thou person just looks like an asshole toward the mod and probably the worse of the two if they sub out.

if anything i get the impression paulina just has incredibly low tolerance, and that she needs to remember that people take on particular attitudes in mafia which don't reflect their real opinions of others and aren't meant to actually insult people personally

Edited by Priam

Continuing to do what upsets the player in question is discourteous to the host and the players

I wasn't going to let the tone of that Proto vote slide, especially after her D1/N1 reactions. I'm quite disappointed that I had to be the one to point that particular contradiction out. I do not think her reactions after that were justified, because that two-sentence blurb was a way for her to explain herself (in other words, it was a way out). Instead, she cried and left, and still never gave me that answer.

I know there's certain things you don't like having done to you, Bizz, BUT you don't do them to others, which is cool in my books. That's why I'm willing to try to avoid whatever bugs you (though if I do step on your toes, sorry).

Sorry, I guess what I said sounded sort of snappy. After this I won't post about the issue anymore since it's not really my business anyway, but it's a shame to see Paulina leave from this since I didn't think she actually would. I feel like I don't understand this situation entirely but I think she didn't realize that what she did irked you in return and therefore got surprised/offended by your reaction. Anyway, it's all over and done now so all we can do is continue to play, whether it was discourteous to the mod or not.

Sorry, I guess what I said sounded sort of snappy. After this I won't post about the issue anymore since it's not really my business anyway, but it's a shame to see Paulina leave from this since I didn't think she actually would. I feel like I don't understand this situation entirely but I think she didn't realize that what she did irked you in return and therefore got surprised/offended by your reaction. Anyway, it's all over and done now so all we can do is continue to play, whether it was discourteous to the mod or not.

Eh, don't worry 'bout it. There's some things that just can't be communicated well using only words.

I hope those of you in the US aren't busy on Monday, 'cause it's a holiday for me, and I wanna get reads off of the people who barely posted!