Shining Force 2 Mafia: Game Over

Elieson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That phase end gap was almost longer than D3. Also, we have until December to make a decision, so no rush.

Either Bal made a damn good shot, Neko did something cool, or Yet Another Role blocked the kill.

I barely remember Helios, and where did scorri go?

Well, Helios got lynched yesterday, and Scorri might not have been around for Day 3 and then might have decided to just not post in the night phase. Balcerzak, did your action fail again?

Yes, Host Dearest

The reason why I mentioned Helios was because we know what he flipped. His interactions have been minimal, so getting reads off of that isn't the easiest task. scorri's finally back, so I hope she says something~!

Ok guys so I've not got a lot of time but I need to say some things:

On N2 I got my role back. Interestingly enough I got a message saying: "Alignment: Other Guys"

And then on N3 I scanned two people. I got their roles. And then I got another two messages:

Alignment: Mafia

Alignment: The Force

I'm not sure what this means though. Thoughts?

Oh, I thought you meant you wanted Helios to post more. :P:

Helios went after Xinny pretty hard on D2, so I feel that she's at least not on the same team as him. Not sure about the Helios/Scorri interactions because it might have been an early bus.

I have no idea about what those messages mean, Marth. Possibly your role was boosted in some way, to get alignment along with role? Other than just whomever Motivated you. Another possibility is that you were told the alignments of the people who visited you that night? Not sure. Not much point in thinking too much about it.

Ok guys so I've not got a lot of time but I need to say some things:

On N2 I got my role back. Interestingly enough I got a message saying: "Alignment: Other Guys"

And then on N3 I scanned two people. I got their roles. And then I got another two messages:

Alignment: Mafia

Alignment: The Force

I'm not sure what this means though. Thoughts?

I could guess at what this is partially because it involves something me and Elie had talked about before when we were thinking of making a different mafia.

Alignment cop and a role cop. The alignment cop would/could also recieve the role cop's results and only the results with no names or anything and vice-versa.

It's a possibility but it's also a long-shot. Idk. Either way it sounds like we got a mafia member.

That seems kind of broken to me.

Also, a quick re-read of Kay's ISO shows that she went after Xinny quite a bit too, so the fact that people from both mafia factions had her listed as a primary scumread makes me more confident she's not scum.

How much do you two wanna bet that it has something to do with Sho's role PM?

Also, Marth, was I your scan target? If so, I can verify my own role (since it'll help with PoEing who that mafia person is).

I really have no clues on what that means, but I am guessing the mafia member is Snike because you really didn't go after the person yet.

anyways

great job on another awesome no kill night (if Elie hadn't confirmed no cults, I would be filled with cult theories by now)

also, I was thinking, since Balc's ability is more like a doc's, he most likely hit a safeguarded target (no I am not claiming SG)

and also I would like to know the targets of Neko and Balc along with Marth's if they do not mind sharing that is.

How much do you two wanna bet that it has something to do with Sho's role PM?

Also, Marth, was I your scan target? If so, I can verify my own role (since it'll help with PoEing who that mafia person is).

If the role works the way i think it works you proving your role may not help at all. If he gets shos results as well as his results then the mafia person is someone sho inspected. We won't know though until Sho gets here.

If the role works the way i think it works you proving your role may not help at all. If he gets shos results as well as his results then the mafia person is someone sho inspected. We won't know though until Sho gets here.

Remember what I said WAY back on N0 about my role being a troll? I was half-lying about the troll part; the role clears me because of how it works. Thus, we'll immediately know who the mafia person is, unless Sho went and inspected Snike (who claimed Miller at the beginning of the game).

Remember what I said WAY back on N0 about my role being a troll? I was half-lying about the troll part; the role clears me because of how it works. Thus, we'll immediately know who the mafia person is, unless Sho went and inspected Snike (who claimed Miller at the beginning of the game).

No you won't immediately know who that mafia person is.

Marth inspects persons A and B.

Sho inspects C and D.

Marth recieves the ROLES of A and B and the ALIGNMENTS of C and D

Sho recieves the ALIGNMENTS of C and D and Marth receives the ROLES of A and B.

Thus him proving your role wouldn't help at all if the cop scan was indeed something from SHO and not his role.

My current guess will be that Sho knows who the mafia person is and he will out it when he gets here. And he will most likely have received the roles of whoever Marth inspected as well. Since that's how the roles seem to work based on what Marth said.

1. No-kill night again. Interesting.

2. If Marth's revelation means Sho did indeed scan a Mafia, then they really can't catch a break.

Night 3 Results:

You <SNIP> when suddenly, your rod vanished from your hands. What's this? You can't cast your magic? Your RolePM has been altered? Oh no! You are now Vanilla.

So, that happened.

No you won't immediately know who that mafia person is.

Marth inspects persons A and B.

Sho inspects C and D.

Marth recieves the ROLES of A and B and the ALIGNMENTS of C and D

Sho recieves the ALIGNMENTS of C and D and Marth receives the ROLES of A and B.

Thus him proving your role wouldn't help at all if the cop scan was indeed something from SHO and not his role.

OH. Wow, that's really cool. Eh, I'll be fine, and even if you guys do decide to lynch me, I'll probably be more upset about the perfect lynch streak being broken.

The temporary Vanillizer seems to be targeting pretty randomly. Using it on Marth N1 after he claimed Rolecop made sense, but Rein and now Baldrick over people like Balcerzak and Neko? It makes me feel that one of the two (Rein, possibly, since he was under some heat for not doing anything at all) is lying.

Ok, I exist. Sorta. BBM was right in that when Helios got lynched, I left right before Elie updated phase and came back to find phase had ended. So yeah. That happened. And then I didn't have anything that I felt was needed to be said during the night, so I didn't post cause I figured the day phase would give us more interesting info. Which it hasn't done quite yet (well, nothing that we can move off of), but hopefully it will soon. Marth, the one thing I would ask would be is if one of the roles you got seemed scummier than the other. I know this is role spec, but it might be something we could start with before Sho gets here.

Also, am I the only one who finds it odd that our claimed doctor hasn't died yet?