The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one Sorcerer on my team (Tharja). Morgan, previously a Grandmaster and now a Dark Knight after learning Rally Spectrum, is the one that handles most of the pushing (she has Vengeance + Vantage and monster stats). If I need an extra wall, it is usually Tharja Nos-tanking.

I'm surprised you'd count on Tharja to Nosferatu tank... let's just say I wouldn't expect much out of her if I ever tried to have her do it.

She's proven herself and earned her keep. And even though she only has 25 Skl I feel like she activates Vengeance every battle.

Huh... Personally, if I was Nosferatanking, there are two things I'd find completely unacceptable - and I'm sure you could guess what those two are.

Manged to clear Lunatic mode... I only ended up grinding on the champions of yore once for each map and doing one skirmish, but ultimately I really just used Avatar to solo the game with Chrom after chapter 21 thanks to Nosferatu (the only thing that really screwed me over doing this were Swordmasters because of Astra and occasionally being unable to kill enemies). Playing the game like that... kinda sucked. At least Lunatic+ sounds like it's still challenging even if you grind.

Manged to clear Lunatic mode... I only ended up grinding on the champions of yore once for each map and doing one skirmish, but ultimately I really just used Avatar to solo the game with Chrom after chapter 21 thanks to Nosferatu (the only thing that really screwed me over doing this were Swordmasters because of Astra and occasionally being unable to kill enemies). Playing the game like that... kinda sucked. At least Lunatic+ sounds like it's still challenging even if you grind.

And "challenging" means "resetting until Frederick doesn't die to the bullshit combo of Hammer, Hawkeye, and Luna+".

Edited by eclipse

Lunatic + isn't hard, it's just stupid and time consuming since IS barely put any effort or playtesting into it. Awakening's core gameplay is so busted on almost every level when you give it more than a surface cursory examination it's kind of ridiculous. Nosferatu is just the most obvious offender.

Clear ch1. Freddie finally gains a level after as minimal use as possible.

+1 HP, and nothing else

Fuck you game.

Fuck you game.

At least this didn't happen to you:

Remember how in FE, if you spin your weapon beforehand, it's 3 times damage? Well he SPUN HIMSELF and did 6x damage.

It feels like last year when I first tried Lunatic:

The only fun I've gleaned from Lunatic so far has been to train new people, since AvatarxChrom wrecks too much face where I am (Ch12).

I've succeeded in making Fred unstoppable (except vs. mages), Panne pretty good (spent some time as bunny, reclassed to to Rider), and NowixGregor somewhat usable (paused briefly when I broke Nowi's Dragonstone in Ch10). Temporary stat-ups are damned useful, so are forts. I accidentally killed Libra (zero effs given).

Lunatic+ sounds like a waste of time.

And "challenging" means "resetting until Frederick doesn't die to the bullshit combo of Hammer, Hawkeye, and Luna+".

It is called Lunatic+ for a reason. There's really no reason to be complaining about difficulty or bullshit when it's fairly obvious that was the creators intent with the mode, not to mention all the advantages we as players have over the AI.

It is called Lunatic+ for a reason. There's really no reason to be complaining about difficulty or bullshit when it's fairly obvious that was the creators intent with the mode, not to mention all the advantages we as players have over the AI.

The unfair BS skills would have been more "fair" if it wasn't completely random.

Your success rate is inversely proportional to how many counter mooks there are.

It's like the card game we have at game club: "We didn't playtest this at all!"

Except you're actually trying to win instead of just having fun with your friends with the laughs of how many BS ways the game can say "you don't win".

Edited by shadowofchaos

Creator's intent doesn't stop it from being stupid as fuck, Blizzard intended to not include LAN in SC2 but that doesn't mean it was a good idea.

Like Paperblade said, it doesn't matter if it was intended or not, it was still stupid. It's like saying that it's okay that the new Devil May Cry absolutely butchered the well established characters just because it was Ninja Theory's intention.

Like Paperblade said, it doesn't matter if it was intended or not, it was still stupid. It's like saying that it's okay that the new Devil May Cry absolutely butchered the well established characters just because it was Ninja Theory's intention.

or an easier comparison, tripping in Brawl (and hey, it'st just as random as Lunatic+ skill distribution too)

I'm comparing a stupid decision to a stupid decision.

Including Lunatic+ is inherently superior to not including Lunatic+ and therefore can only be a good decision, even if by only a small degree.

Including Lunatic+ is inherently superior to not including Lunatic+ and therefore can only be a good decision, even if by only a small degree.

its called not making skills random?

i mean seriously, it's not that hard to create set Lunatic+ skills

its called not making skills random?

i mean seriously, it's not that hard to create set Lunatic+ skills

The fact that Lunatic+ could have been better does not keep its existence from being a good thing.

why

more content is not necessarily better if its bullshit. Quality vs Quantity etc. etc.

Edited by Tyrant Sage

I think the fact that it is called "Lunatic" mode shield it from criticism... just a little bit. And it is not just Lunatic, it is Lunatic+.

On a side noteI think I'm actually stuck on Chapter 20 Lunatic. Never thought I would say that I'm stuck anywhere in an FE game. The game throws up 20+ units on the south on like the 3-4th turn and I just get face beat.