The Lunatic Club

Shinori

why

more content is not necessarily better if its bullshit. Quality vs Quantity etc. etc.

Optional content, which due to its obvious lack of effort was not at the cost of anything else?

If you think can give me any reason why FE13 would be better with simply Normal/Hard/Lunatic rather than the four difficulty levels it actually has, fire away.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more content is not necessarily better if its bullshit.

Except it is, since it's only an option and you don't have to do it. You might as well start complaining about any FE game that has some kind of elite mode being too easy.

I think the fact that it is called "Lunatic" mode shield it from criticism... just a little bit. And it is not just Lunatic, it is Lunatic+.

On a side noteI think I'm actually stuck on Chapter 20 Lunatic. Never thought I would say that I'm stuck anywhere in an FE game. The game throws up 20+ units on the south on like the 3-4th turn and I just get face beat.

If you are doing no grind, your best bet would be to try Red Fox's strategy. I did something similar and it worked out just fine.

Optional content, which due to its obvious lack of effort was not at the cost of anything else?

If you think can give me any reason why FE13 would be better with simply Normal/Hard/Lunatic rather than the four difficulty levels it actually has, fire away.

i am not saying Luantic+ not existing would be better. i am saying that its addition does not necessarily make the game better.

i am not saying Luantic+ not existing would be better. i am saying that its addition does not necessarily make the game better.

If it adds enjoyment for some people, and does not take it away from anyone, that is an improvement and is what is known as making a game better.

Yay, I beat Lunatic. Ch 24 was basically the last real map since I 1-2 turned the last two.

My MVPs were:

1. Morgan

2. Morgan

3. Morgan

4. Avatar (for his pair up bonuses with Morgan and some other stuff)

5. Tharja (for giving birth to Morgan and occasional Nos-tanking)

Sully was pretty great, too.

I think I'll be sticking to hard for my standard runs, but I can see myself playing Lunatic again eventually. Lunatic+...I don't know.

I think the fact that it is called "Lunatic" mode shield it from criticism... just a little bit. And it is not just Lunatic, it is Lunatic+.

On a side note I think I'm actually stuck on Chapter 20 Lunatic. Never thought I would say that I'm stuck anywhere in an FE game. The game throws up 20+ units on the south on like the 3-4th turn and I just get face beat.

I remember rushing and just going for dealing a killing blow to the corporate giant known as Walmart Walhart and ignoring everything else that chapter save for surviving. The pain of surviving those waves in the south just wasn't worth it.

They could have spent the time and effort making Lunatic better

or they could have spent less effort and just made Lunatic Reverse which would have been much better (although it would probably suffer from the same flaws as Lunatic)

So guys, how do you reliably take down Ch2 again? I'm quite stuck and the closest thing to success I can stumble to is having Frederick!Vaike storm northwest a bit to draw attention while moving my team towards the western mountain range, and building a 3-unit high wall under the right side of the Mts...which isn't working all that well really.

So guys, how do you reliably take down Ch2 again? I'm quite stuck and the closest thing to success I can stumble to is having Frederick!Vaike storm northwest a bit to draw attention while moving my team towards the western mountain range, and building a 3-unit high wall under the right side of the Mts...which isn't working all that well really.

Move Virion and trade Elixir to Frederick or Sully. Then pair him up with someone else. Get everyone else out of range.

Pair up Fred with Sully. Tank with Frederick with the Bronze Sword and occasionally get Chrom/Avatar in range of only ONE of the units that Fred is tanking to lure in some EXP kills.

Just remember. You'll be a better player after all is set and done after going through the pain.

I just hope I'm not screwing myself over by depending WAY too much on Fred. He reached Level 5 this chapter and It's difficult to get exp to other units not named Chrom, MU or Lissa.

Dunno about you, but resetting until the enemies don't have certain skill set combos doesn't sound like fun. It sounds tedious.

Dunno about you, but resetting until the enemies don't have certain skill set combos doesn't sound like fun. It sounds tedious.

I've only played about a third of the way through Lunatic+, but from what I played, I only ever needed to do that on Ch7.

I've only played about a third of the way through Lunatic+, but from what I played, I only ever needed to do that on Ch7.

You didn't get the horrendous luck of getting a Luna+ Hawkeye Hammer guy on Chapter 1.

That's an instant reset. At least for me.

Fred can survive each of those individually because Luna+ can whiff and Hawkeye with the hammer will leave Fred with 1 HP.

Or you have Fred not fight the guy with the Hammer?

I honestly don't see how the two other mooks with Aggressive AI near him will let anyone OTHER than Frederick survive even if they manage to take out the Luna+ Hawkeye hammer guy.

Edited by shadowofchaos

This game wouldn't be any worse if there was no Lunatic+

A luck-based challenge is just frustrating. The skills shouldn't have been randomized and should be a fair distribution of skills (No Hawkeye & Luna+ on Ch. 1 Hammer guy).

Move Virion and trade Elixir to Frederick or Sully. Then pair him up with someone else. Get everyone else out of range.

Pair up Fred with Sully. Tank with Frederick with the Bronze Sword and occasionally get Chrom/Avatar in range of only ONE of the units that Fred is tanking to lure in some EXP kills.

Why the PairUp with Sully? Why not Vaike or Chromatar?

Why the PairUp with Sully? Why not Vaike or Chromatar?

If you pair up with Chrom and Frederick got a Speed Level up, Frederick will most likely double them and kill a lot. Which will lead to more attacks on Fred and probably get him killed.

You also want Chrom and your Avatar to get exp by luring enemies out one by one while Fred is tanking.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Mmm. Lv2 Free gained only +1 HP on me after killing ch1Hammer, so yuck. But tht makes sense though.

Should I give him the Axe when Miriel comes in, to help in him dodging the Steel Lancers?

I honestly don't see how the two other mooks with Aggressive AI near him will let anyone OTHER than Frederick survive even if they manage to take out the Luna+ Hawkeye hammer guy.

I don't remember the exact strategy I use, but I generally don't even have Fred get attacked by the hammer guy, even on Lunatic. Just have someone else chip him and then kill him with Fred afterwords. I managed to beat chapter 1 on Lunatic+ on my first try doing that.

I don't remember the exact strategy I use, but I generally don't even have Fred get attacked by the hammer guy, even on Lunatic. Just have someone else chip him and then kill him with Fred afterwords. I managed to beat chapter 1 on Lunatic+ on my first try doing that.

Okay cool.

One with Hawkeye and Luna+ isn't that bad.

Anyone else have have my luck?