Grima's Relation to Past Lore?

I'm quite positive I wouldn't be the first to think of this, but I dunno how I'd put this sort of thing in the search box xP

Basically, I was wondering if Grima is Medeus. It's said that the first Exalt used Falchion to seal away Grima a thousand years ago, and if at 1000 years Nowi looks as she does now, I'm guessing Tiki's around 2000, so a thousand years ago she'd've looked like Nowi, which she did during Marth's time. Sorry if my runon was confusing ^-^;

But while I'm at it, about that Falchion: I read somewhere that its new design was explained somewhere in the game, but I must've missed it. Why does it look so different?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's explained in one of Lucina's convos (I can't remember exactly which, might have been Owain's) that Falchion's hilt has been replaced many times (which explains why it looks different), and it's really just the blade itself that's been the same.

I'm kind of in a hurry, but this is right up my alley, so...

Grima is suggested to be an Earth Dragon descendant in the Knights of Iris book. Beyond that, it's complete speculation.

Marth existed 2000 years before Awakening (Tiki is actually 3000). The first Exalt apparently existed 1000 years ago, so they probably aren't the same person.

The Falchion's guard is occasionally recrafted after it gets damaged. The blade (and the Fire Emblem) has the ability to repair itself. So that's why its whole appearance can change.

Just some Wild Mass Guessing here on my part, but I'm of the opinion that Grima is a result of a mass fusion that occurred within the Dragon's Table. Going off of what Vincent said, The Knights of Iris book states that he's a descendant of the Earth Dragons. But I don't recall anyone knowing whether or not his connection to the dragons in question was specified. Not to mention, the Binding Shield's purpose was changed. What caused that to happen? One thing I can think of is that the negative energies present within the Earth Dragons at the Table happened to pool and meld into one, creating Grima, and possibly nullifying the sealing properties of the shield. Whether Medeus, Loptous, or both, happened to be caught within that mass fusion remains to be seen.

Edited by Little Al

Oh, whoop, I guess that's what happens when I try to guess the age of an anime-style character xP

But anyway thanks, very informative! So I wonder if there'll end up being a game centered around the first Exalt...

Prequel away!! Not like that has happened before XD

The hilt's been replaced more than once? That could mean the pre-Shadow Dragon design might actually even still be a canon version of the sword, just from a different time period. That's nifty.

Also, I would love to see a game about the first Exalt.

Edited by Crixler

I dunno, I feel like I've had enough of the usual "USE THE FIRE EMBLEM TO BEAT THE DRAGON" kind of story from FE1/3/11/12/13 and with similar functions of beating some ancient beast/villain who's reemergence they were trying to stop (pretty much every Fire Emblem game ever), I'd like to see something a little unique.

That being said, it's too bad we didn't get much insight into the First Exalt and Grima and stuff... :(

Not Caeda, but somebody like Caeda.

Personally, I have a theory that the pegasus knight was Marth's descendant and the last Archanean royal, while the first Exalt wasn't Marth's descendant, but Ike's. That could also explain how Chrom is able to learn Aether, while Priam isn't.

That said, I haven't read enough about the game to be sure.

I do know that it's extremely unlikely that Marth is the first Exalt. None of the timing matches and everybody calls Marth the Hero-King and never the first Exalt. Similarly, they always talk about the first Exalt, but never refer to the name Marth.

I dunno, I feel like I've had enough of the usual "USE THE FIRE EMBLEM TO BEAT THE DRAGON" kind of story from FE1/3/11/12/13 and with similar functions of beating some ancient beast/villain who's reemergence they were trying to stop (pretty much every Fire Emblem game ever), I'd like to see something a little unique.

Have I had enough of Pokemon's "Train a team of six Pokemon and beat 8 gym leaders and the Pokemon League to become the Pokemon champion, while, at the same time, beat some evil gangster team trying to take advantage of Pokemon"?

Well, fine, I have, but still... Pokemon has never released a main-franchise (as in not anything that doesn't come in colors or precious minerals) that made me say, "I'm not getting the game."

Fire Emblem repeats the theme (over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again), but I still like it. I still love it. Unique or not, I'm fine with the game. ^^

Not Caeda, but somebody like Caeda.

Personally, I have a theory that the pegasus knight was Marth's descendant and the last Archanean royal, while the first Exalt wasn't Marth's descendant, but Ike's. That could also explain how Chrom is able to learn Aether, while Priam isn't.

That said, I haven't read enough about the game to be sure.

I do know that it's extremely unlikely that Marth is the first Exalt. None of the timing matches and everybody calls Marth the Hero-King and never the first Exalt. Similarly, they always talk about the first Exalt, but never refer to the name Marth.

It's Shiida!!!

B-but, Tiki's conversation with MU says that he's a descendant of the Hero-King Marth!

B-but, Tiki's conversation with MU says that he's a descendant of the Hero-King Marth!

You mean "he" as in Chrom right? I'm not sure which part you're replying to : P

I kind of forgot to end my theory clearly--Marth's pegasus descendant would marry the first Exalt, so Chrom would be a descendant of both. Of course, this is still a totally random theory.

I kind of forgot to end my theory clearly--Marth's pegasus descendant would marry the first Exalt, so Chrom would be a descendant of both. Of course, this is still a totally random theory.

Whoops. Wasn't so clear on that, was I? :P

Yeah, I meant Chrom.

And oooooh. Okay, now I get it. It suddenly makes a whole lot more sense. :)

Theories are theories, of course, but what's Fire Emblem (or most other video games) without a big of imagination???

Didn't the First Exhalt use Falchion against Grima? That's the problem I have with that theory. That is unless if the blood-bonding with Naga was done to grant him access to that weapon.

Thinking on that theory makes me wonder if perhaps the situation is actually in reverse. With the Exalt being Marth's descendant, and the PK as Priam's descendant.

On the other hand, I wonder if Aether is really a Skill that gets inherited across generations...

Could be that the First Exalt is the child of Ike's decendant and Marth's decendant, who also happened to have a sibling. One became the First Exalt and wielded Falchion. The other went on to do unknown things while wielding Ragnell. At some point the paths of the two siblings diverged such that you get Chrom, the Prince, and Priam, the Nomad.

Of course it's gotta be both descendants. How else is he able to wield the Falchion and have the Aether skill?

-----

I'd like to believe that Grima is actually Medith. Medith has been behind 2 eras completely.

Medeius_Defeated.gif

finalbattlefe4.png

finalbattlefe42.png

finalbattlefe43.png

finalbattlefe44.png

finalbattlefe45.png

And now I must further investigate if Grima is actually Medeus. Because this will tell that Marth's desendants has thwarted his ambitions yet again for the third time! This is getting to be like the Mother series. =D

I also made a topic about this at FEPlanet of The curse of the Shadow Dragon!

http://forums.feplanet.net/index.php?showtopic=34898&st=0&p=579015entry579015

Edited by Katarina

Lopto as Medeus huh. Was there any evidence of it beyond that quote...?

Didn't want to reveal spoilers then.

And both of these bosses can saw Str in half. The skills that Julius has is ideal for Medeus. Seliph is Marth's decendant and now Chrom is too.

Edited by Katarina

Didn't want to reveal spoilers then.

And both of these bosses can saw Str in half. The skills that Julius has is ideal for Medeus. Seliph is Marth's decendant and now Chrom is too.

No, Seliph is not Marth's descendant. In fact, the events of Jugdral happened before the ones of Akaneia. What Lopto mentions as being thwarted again by Naga he's referring to the Miracle of Darna.

http://www.serenesforest.net/general/timeline.html#fe4

Marth' era actually happend long before Judgral. His era happened in - of the years B.C while Judgral happened in the after years as you notice no minus on their years. Marth's story happened 24 years before Judgral.

End Of Math's 1st game era

- Medeus is defeated by Prince Marth, and the Dolunian Empire collapses.

- End of the War of Shadows (600-605).

Gaiden

- Alpine Arum Rudolf is born

- Cellica is born

- Maisen takes Arum and Cellica to Ram Village

- Cellica is relocated to the monastery at Nova

- Mila's disappearance, Sofia's harvest begins to deteriorate

- Rigel conquers Sofia

- Zeak washes up at Barensia and is saved by Rudolf I

(Right here happens a year later after the war of shadows while Alphine Alm Rudolf was born 14 years before the "War Of Shadows")

- Arum joins the liberation army to defeat Rigel

- Cellica leaves Nova to find the Earth Goddess Mila

- Arum's army conquers the Kingdom of Rigel

- Arum and Cellica defeat the Dark God Doma

- Zeak leaves Barensia

Holy War

- Miracle of Darna

- The gods descend and grant power to twelve fighters

- Birth of the Twelve Crusaders

- Start of the Holy War

- Fall of the Loputo Empire

- The Twelve Crusaders form seven dukedoms of Grandbell and five seperate kingdoms

Archanea's Era Between years 600-609

Judgral's Era Between years 633-649

http://www.serenesforest.net/general/timeline.html#fe4

Timelines

The evidence speaks for itself. =)

And they both can saw attack in half.

Edited by Katarina