No Valencia or Jugdral Representation?

Does anyone think that Valencia and/or Jugdral may not get any representation in SMT x FE, since they didn't show any characters from those two continents in the trailer?

I'm kind of personally hoping not, as much as I hate Jugdral (I'm not too eager on compromising Valencian representation, which gets shafted a lot as it stands). Even if the two continents do get shafted, at least it won't be as bad as Kingdom Hearts shafting the earlier FFs in terms of representation (barring Setzer). Overall, I'd hardly be disappointed since 10 out of 13 is still awesome.

As for what I think, rather than what I wish, I'd say it's possible, but not likely.

And here's a question for you Jugdral fans: are you going to skip out on buying the game if it doesn't have any Jugdral characters whatsoever?

I really doubt your face

We have no idea what their game is yet ( :Kappa: ), beyond that some protagonists from some games are appearing. At this stage, it's objectively more fun to speculate about what will or could be in the game than what won't or couldn't. All we know for sure is there'll be some characters, at the very least protagonists of some of the games from both series, in some form. or maybe they just showed us some lords we know to get us excited because they're jerks like that

Yes I'm a Jugdrone and yes I want to fight about it, for the record

I'll be disapointed if it doesn't have either represented but it won't stop me from getting the game. I'd consider their chance to be somewhat decent considering the majority of the characters shown for the SMT side never came outside of Japan either so.. Eh maybe they were hiding them from the trailer maybe they won't be in.. Maybe they will. Only time will tell

You know, I just couldn't see them using FE2 art(Just... look at it!) alongside the more 'modern' art of the recent games. I say there is a chance, but they won't be particularly important.

IDK about FE4. Since the game seems to already confirmed for english releases I imagine they'll focus on FE6 and up.

This is why we need a remake of FE2 ;_;

Edited by L95

Don't use the "trailer" we got as proof of anything. Literally, anything at all, there is not even a game to include these characters in yet. It's just pictures that give the message "SMT" and "FIRE EMBLEM" "in the SAME GAME"

I'd be really surprised if we didn't get representation from every game in the series.

Also, wasn't the trailer released in English and Japanese both? The english players wouldn't recognize them at all...

The SMT side included Japanese-only characters. I think it's just a matter of the available artwork. FE4's and FE Gaiden's would stand out weirdly compared to the other FE characters shown there. The actual game should have new artwork though, hopefully (SMT 4 heavily reuses artwork from past games for the demons though... So, depending on this game's budget, we could end up with a bunch of recycled art).

Edited by NeonZ

If the trailer was using already-existing art, it's a given that it wouldn't include FE2/4/5 characters, so this is really no surprise.

or metal gear solid 2

Although I mean Solid Snake was playable

A better example then I could have thought of at the time thats for sure.

I'm certain we'll see Jugdral and the others