What Female-Only Skill to Pass to...Anyone?

128 members have voted

1. 1. GO

• Speed+2
    • Relief
    • Rally Speed
    • Lancefaire
    • Rally Movement
    • Galeforce
    • Resistance+2
    • Demoiselle
    • Rally Resistance
    • Dual Support+
  2. 2. Hmm might as well

• Biorhythm Skills
    • Bane Skills

So I noticed in a similar thread a lot of people are talking about how overrated Galeforce is. Is it as good as people say? If not, what other skills do people want to inherit/learn?

The +2 skills are outclassed by All Stats+2 if you've got that, Relief is made worthless by Renewal if that's an option, and Rally Movement is worse than Rally Heart. Rally Speed looks really useful for Rally Mules, but I dunno if it's the best, and Dual Support+ doesn't seem bad, but I've never used it.

EDIT: Added Taguel/Manakete skills (even thought I guess Taguel isn't female-only), but in a separate question since it's not like those characters get other female-only classes anyway.

Edited by 47948201

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duel Support+.

Better bonuses when paired.

Or

Rally Speed.

Edited by Lady Feena

052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.pngGaleforce052_zps21d9e636.png

It's just THAT good.

As for Biorhythm/Bane, I voted for Biorhythm since Bane is useless when you're not in taguel/manakete form, and I tend not to keep my dragons in their dragon classes. ((I did for Panne but if she's not in Taguel form it's still useless for her))

Edited by Frog

I'm not sure what this topic is trying to prove. Most reasonable people say Galeforce is terrible because

a) Dark Flier is an awful class and wholly inferior to Falcon Knights,

b) Galeforce doesn't come until 10/15 for Pegasus Knights and 10/10/15 for non-PKs who can reclass, and

c) it's not going to be one of your five best skills for final DLC, where all of this breeding actually comes into play.

Edited by Legault!

I'm not sure what this topic is trying to prove. Most reasonable people say Galeforce is terrible because

>galeforce is terrible

>wat

a) Dark Flier is an awful class and wholly inferior to Falcon Knights,

b) Galeforce doesn't come until 10/15 for Pegasus Knights and 10/10/15 for non-PKs who can reclass

But these points are moot. It's asking about the skill itself, not what you need in order to get the skill. Point B is even more moot because you can easily get that in like 15 minutes or less with EXPonential growth ((I'm assuming DLC here))

c) it's not going to be one of your five best skills for final DLC, where all of this breeding actually comes into play.

Why not exactly? Moving twice in one turn is incredible. You can kill one thing, and then move again to kill another. If you get danced you can have up to four moves in a turn. I don't see how moving multiple times in one turn doesn't make it the best skill in the game.

Why not exactly? Moving twice in one turn is incredible. You can kill one thing, and then move again to kill another. If you get danced you can have up to four moves in a turn. I don't see how moving multiple times in one turn doesn't make it the best skill in the game.

Slught problem with that assumption. Galeforce only works once per turn.

Oh, it only works once per turn? I thought it worked once per initial action.... brb testing

EDIT: Okay you're right and that's actually really lame. EIther way, Galeforce is still totally ridiculous. Why would you turn down 2 actions in one turn?

Edited by Frog

>galeforce is terrible

>wat

But these points are moot. It's asking about the skill itself, not what you need in order to get the skill. Point B is even more moot because you can easily get that in like 15 minutes or less with EXPonential growth ((I'm assuming DLC here))

1. Galeforce blows.

2. You really can't consider skills without context, but if you want to do this, Rally Speed is better.

3. As mentioned, Galeforce only works once per turn. Considering that the majority of combat takes place during Enemy Phase, doubling Player Phase productivity is sort of neat, but not at the cost of having to go through lolDF for fifteen levels.

If we remove Galeforce from the mix, Lancefaire if the son has lance using classes in his set

Dual Support+ failing that

Panne should pass Lancebreaker though, as it allows Yarne to avoid Beast Killers if you ever see them and it's not like he gets anything better.

Daughters might as well get Galeforce and save themselves time

Oh, it only works once per turn? I thought it worked once per initial action.... brb testing

EDIT: Okay you're right and that's actually really lame. EIther way, Galeforce is still totally ridiculous. Why would you turn down 2 actions in one turn?

Maybe because enemy phase is still more important than player phase?

Why would you turn down 2 actions in one turn?

Also because it requires that you actually KILL something with one of those turns, which I imagine would be difficult in the Final DLC. That's the main anti-Galeforce argument I can see.

IMO Galeforce is the best skill in the game.

Also Beastbane is awesome.

I also find the Dual+ skills to be a waste of a skill slot. The bonus is pretty tiny.

Edited by Weebos

Galeforce is so good that it's banned in drafts.

Move your rescuer, dance with Olivia, rescue the unit with Galeforce, unit with Galeforce kills an enemy if the boss isn't currently reachable, Galeforce happens, unit kills the boss and ends the chapter.

A lot of chapters in FE13 are defeat commander, too.

I find Galeforce situationally useful. For example, if I have a squishy or wounded unit that I don't want exposed to enemy attacks, I can use units with Galeforce to clear out the immediate vicinity or situate them to move a wall. Or, if the unit with Galeforce can also heal, I can have that unit kill an enemy then heal someone. I mean, it's not absolutely broken, but there are situations in which you'll be happy that your unit has it.

I never use Rally Skills.

Galeforce is never suggested there when there are skills needed for the enemy phase which Galeforce doesn't not activate upon enemy kills during the enemy phase.

I'm more of a Rally Speed guy myself. Don't get me wrong, Galeforce is a good skill, but there are others I'd take over it.

Yep.

Because your likely not going to oko them anyway. Galeforce is dirt if you don't score a knockout. But that's why we have Olivia for. Galeforce sucks in the DLC episodes without Limitbreaker and Forged A Weapon/Armsthrift. The enemies are already hard enough and too defensive for you to be able to knockout without Wrath, Aggressor, Ignis, Aether or Vengence.

>galeforce is terrible

>wat

Just like without that episode, your likely not going to get the skill till your near the end of the game.

Maybe because enemy phase is still more important than player phase?

Yep.

Let see...

-Ignis

-Vengence

-Counter

-Sol

-Wrath

-Aether

-Luna

-Astra

I'd prefer all of these over Galeforce anyday.

Also because it requires that you actually KILL something with one of those turns, which I imagine would be difficult in the Final DLC. That's the main anti-Galeforce argument I can see.

Galeforce is shit in Ike's DLC's and The Strongest One's Name.

-----

If your going to try Galeforce on DLC, then have Armsthrift with a strong forged A weapon along with Astra/Vengence. Which that probably won't work since many of them possess Pavise and Aegis.

Edited by Lady Feena

I feel we should judge all skills based on drafts.

Maybe you should try one sometime, instead of being a smug jerk to everyone who disagrees with you.

Maybe you should try one sometime, instead of being a smug jerk to everyone who disagrees with you.

Galeforce can save you a handful of turns in drafts and absolute LTC, so it's okay there. People who actually play those modes are in the very small minority. Nothing about that is "smug."

Your blatant sarcasm was pretty smug and rude, actually. If you don't like drafts, that's fine, but you don't have to go around parading that "Galeforce is shit" because really it isn't. And don't put down drafts before actually trying them because that just annoys people.

Edited by Frog

Your blatant sarcasm was pretty smug and rude, actually. If you don't like drafts, that's fine, but you don't have to go around parading that "Galeforce is shit" because really it isn't. And don't put down drafts before actually trying them because that just annoys people.

But Galeforce is shit. It has nominal utility in drafts and absolute LTC while being horrendous in regular gameplay, party banners everyone NewYearsEmoticon.gif

But Galeforce is shit. It has nominal utility in drafts and absolute LTC while being horrendous in regular gameplay, party banners everyone NewYearsEmoticon.gif

And this is what was meant by smug.

And I still don't see how it's horrendous in regular gameplay. If you're objecting to another turn on player phase be my guest and do so, I'll just assume you're cray cray.

Edited by Frog

I honestly don't see how moving a unit again qualifies as 'horrendous'.

And Darros steals the words right out of my mouth. :P But seriously, an explanation for Galeforce's apparent suckitude would be appreciated.

Edited by ZMesu

I fail to see even when you're playing for fun how it can ever hurt to take an extra turn. Galeforce is really great no matter how you're playing, plain and simple.