Final Fantasy Mafia Singups(20 Players)

Bluedoom

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should Night talk be allowed?

• Yes, I think its anti-town.
    • No, I think its pro-town

Rules:

[spoiler=Rules]

1. The game is NOC. All discussion must take place inside the thread, during the day.

2. Death is irreversible. Once dead, your posts must be totally useless and infrequent.

3. 24 hours without a post or prior notice will earn a prod. At the second prod, unless there is an excellent explanation, I will start looking for a replacement.

4. Do not quote your role PM or anything in it, or post screenshots.

5. If you are modkilled, you lose. If you attempt to gain any advantage from being modkilled, it will fail and something else bad will happen.

6. Do not edit your posts.

7. The game starts on Day 1. Days will last 72 hours, and Nights 24 hours. If Night ends early because all actions are in, the next Day will be extended accordingly.

8. Vote using the format ##Vote: Player.

9. There is no hammer in this game. A player requires 1/3rd of the players to vote him/her to be lynched. Also, players are lynched by majority otherwise.

10. No lynch may happen once only, unless town is in MYLO. MYLO or variants will be announced.

11. There are no hidden players or items.

12. Action resolution has been determined beforehand.

13. Inspections are always accurate.

14.Go ahead and scumhunt using flavour. I won't modkill you but you're probably gonna end up mislynching people.

15. If you are unsure about anything, ask any of the mods.

16. If your role PM contradicts any of the above rules, your role PM is correct.

17. Night-talk is NOT allowed.

18. Some role PMs will have italics. Do NOT ever talk about the italics part in your role PM, if you have one.

19. You cannot target the dead.

20. Duplicate roles EXIST.

21. In case of a tie, there will be a random lynch between people who are tied.

22. Yeah I might've missed something so you should still ask me if you have doubts. Play to win AND have fun.

Setup Info:

[spoiler=Setup]

1. If you are ever redirected, you will be informed of that.

2. There are no alignment changing roles in this game. So no yakuza, cult etc.

3. No phase ending/game-ending roles in this game. So we don't have stuff like Fool, Lightkeeper, Beloved Princess etc.

4. That said, roles don't tell alignment. Rolespec more or less will screw you. Setup is such that mass-claiming may not break the game. Your best bet is to lynch based on scumtells. Town, proceed with caution.

5. If a potential doctor targets someone, he won't be notified if some killing role targeted his target. Likewise for other roles which are similar in the regard.

6. So I guess I could say this game is semi-bastard. I'd probably say its as mindfuck as Shining Force Mafia the Second.

Signups: (Pre-in's confirm please)

1. Shinori

2. Elieson

3. Helios

4. MancerNecro

5.Prims

6. eclipse

7.BBM

8.Scorri

9. Bizz/Leder

10. Frog/Darros

11. Xinnidy(skype talk and he says yay)

12. Camtech (wanted in if I didn't get signups in 12 hours)

13. SB

14. Kay

15.JBCWK

16.j00

17. Areox

18. Lucina

19. Snike

20.Paperblade

Subs:

Edited by Bluedoom

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have very little time to mafia until April is over so I want to ask for IO.

But if you don't have full subs by game start then I could fill for a sub instead, probably.

also seriously why do all large games other than folgore on this site have global nighttalk. what does global nighttalk add to the game other than boosting town power in a set-up that is probably already town slanted. nobody has ever explained this to me

also seriously why do all large games other than folgore on this site have global nighttalk. what does global nighttalk add to the game other than boosting town power in a set-up that is probably already town slanted. nobody has ever explained this to me

I allowed night-talk because I think it screws town over actually but it might just be me.

The last NOC game to have night-talk was Schoolteacher, IIRC.

The last NOC game to have night-talk was Schoolteacher, IIRC.

You forget SF2, which was just before Folgore mafia.

it doesn't. town gets more discussion time, they can organize their night actions in reaction to lynch and claim during night, scum's NK targets are allowed to talk after a lynch and therefore the NK is weakened since it can't shut people up as fast

also if people use it then it makes the game a bitch to re-read and catch up on but that probably only matters if you want rapier to join your game

cut: schoolteacher didn't have nighttalk, shining force ii did

Well then we can have a poll.

Guys do you think night-talk should be allowed and do you think it makes it more town-sided? Say so as you sign-up.

EDIT: Rule 21 changed. Ties result in random-lynch b/w the tied players, not a no-lynch.

EDIT2: Nvm, just choose the options in the poll I'm a dolt.

Edited by Bluedoom

For all that Prims says that night-talk makes town stronger, he's generally one of the proponents of keeping it to a minimum even when it's allowed. It's because town talking at night has as many benefits for mafia as it does for town.