What's your favorite lord's personal weapon?

MarckCaesar

Favorite weapon?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Rapier equivalent/Early weapon

• Marth's Rapier
    • Alm's Royal Sword
    • Sigurd's Silver Sword (on Sigurd)
    • Sigurd's Silver Sword (on Seliph/Celice)
    • Leif's Lightsword
    • Roy's Rapier
    • Lyn's Mani Katti
    • Eliwood's Rapier
    • Hector's Wolf Beil
    • Eirika's Rapier
    • Ephraim's Reginleif
    • Ike's Regal Sword
    • Micaiah's Thani
    • Ike's Ettard
    • Chrom's Sealed Falchion
  2. 2. Falchion equivalent

• Falchion (Marth)
    • Falchion (Alm)
    • Ragnarok (Celica)
    • Tyrfing (Sigurd)
    • Tyrfing (Seliph/Celice)
    • Blaggi Sword (Leif)
    • Sword of Seals (Roy)
    • Sol Katti (Lyn)
    • Durandal (Eliwood)
    • Armads (Hector)
    • Sieglinde (Eirika)
    • Siegmund (Ephraim)
    • Ragnell (Ike)
    • Exalted Falchion (Chrom)
    • Parallel Falchion (Lucina)
    • Urvan (Ike)

While AthosLuna is definitely the fastest way to go about the dragon (unless the fucker procs 40 atk) the Lyn I had on my last file was able to do 8x2 with critrates around ~24 (she got a bit lucky with strength procs, though, and had a Hector C) and given both attacks connects that's (.24*(1-.24))*2+.24^2 which is around 42% chance to crit at least once. 16 on the dragon isn't terribly good but it's something, and 32 damage is around what hector does with Armads. She has a chance, though a much lower one, to do 48 damage total, which is more than 1/3 of the dragon's health. On average she may do a bit less (or not depending on what supports she grabbed along the way, I heard Florina isn't a bad one to do) and while it's nothing spectacular like Tyrfing or Ragnell IMO it's better than what people give it credit for and I'd argue it's better than Durandal in practice.

Lyn can also get an easy A Florina for +3 atk and +15 crit. On average, I tend to see Lyn doing more damage to the Fire Dragon than Hector or Eliwood because they don't double or crit.

Anyway, Thani-bombing for the early weapon is awesome, with Mani Katti and Reginleif as honorable mentions, the former because it really helps Lyn a lot and the latter for being the only Lance, ironic considering the enemies these are effective against wield Lances and Swords, making a Sword the worst choice.

Second one...Parallel Falchion, I guess, for being really awesome and actually existing for a large chunk - over half, even - of the game. I kind of wonder if it should even be eligible for that option.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

needs more AMITI

IMO Eliwood's Rapier is the most useful because he literally cannot do shit without it in early HHM. At least Lyn has the potential of LHM levels to lower her reliance on Mani Katti. The other lords are all also fairly competent even without their PRF weapons; I don't think anybody else needs their PRF as much as Eliwood. Sigurd can wreck with like his Steel Sword, though admittedly not as much, and Celice doesn't really have a PRF weapon as much as just a boatload of shiny weapons with crit that Sigurd passed down.

As for final weapon, gotta go with Celice's Tyrfing because the +20 res is actually pretty necessary for Dark Mages and the like that don't really have all that much trouble hitting your Holsety user. Ragnell is undoubtedly very good but FE10 has a lot of units that can wreck endgame, if not as completely as Ragnell. The Sieg weapons are complete overkill against everything other than the Demon King and Dracozombies, and the FE7 weapons are also only for one enemy.

Edited by BBM

Lyn can also get an easy A Florina for +3 atk and +15 crit. On average, I tend to see Lyn doing more damage to the Fire Dragon than Hector or Eliwood because they don't double or crit.

Anyway, Thani-bombing for the early weapon is awesome, with Mani Katti and Reginleif as honorable mentions, the former because it really helps Lyn a lot and the latter for being the only Lance, ironic considering the enemies these are effective against wield Lances and Swords, making a Sword the worst choice.

Second one...Parallel Falchion, I guess, for being really awesome and actually existing for a large chunk - over half, even - of the game. I kind of wonder if it should even be eligible for that option.

I kinda prefer to go for pure DAMAGE against the dragon, and that's where Lyn and the Sol Katti fall short - she's reliant on critical hits to do any real damage.

Leaf's Lightsword.

For one thing, it is so versatile that it's the Fire Emblem equivalent of a Hitchhiker's Towel.

But more importantly, it's not some random sword that is restricted to him for the sheer heck of it. This weapon has weight to it.

It belonged to Sigurd's wife until she gave it to her husbands sister as a present.

I mean, it's not only a memento of the person that Leaf never got to meet despite loving him more then anyone else... but also a symbol of the friendship between Leaf and Celice's families.

Heck, it's even a symbol of Deidre's and Sigurd's love.

It's just so sweet that they let him carry his mother's sword 15 years after her dead, instead of just treating it like any other 8/15 blade that can be inherited.

Edited by BrightBow

Yeah, Light Sword is the shit. Of course, my favorite proof weapon is the Brave Lance, shame FE13 gave Fin the Chump Lance instead, oh well...

Also Tyrfing for best final weapon, because you're basically fucked without it. Also it's like Balmung + Mistletoe combined into one - Critical + Prayer.

Mani Katti and a tie between Sol Katti and Ragnell. I chose Ragnell though because Sword Beams are fucking awesome.

By the way, is there really any point to have 4 different poll options for the same weapon? Especially with Roy, Eliwood, and Eirika all being from the GBA Era and their Rapiers being the same fucking thing and not even a difference in sprite if they're holding it.

They actually differ statswise...Eliwood's Rapier is closer to the Regal Sword, Eirika's to the Manni Katti, and Roy's to well...an Iron Sword.

EDIT Actually Eirika's is the same as Eliwood's BUT IT FEELS MANNI KATTI.

Edited by Refa

Mani Katti and a tie between Sol Katti and Ragnell. I chose Ragnell though because Sword Beams are fucking awesome.

By the way, is there really any point to have 4 different poll options for the same weapon? Especially with Roy, Eliwood, and Eirika all being from the GBA Era and their Rapiers being the same fucking thing and not even a difference in sprite if they're holding it.

Well, their usefullness change with the game and the person using it. Also they might look the same in-game but they look different in artwork.

Well, their usefullness change with the game and the person using it. Also they might look the same in-game but they look different in artwork.

Really? I don't notice any significant enough difference for it to warrant another choice/count as a different weapon. Generally they deal bonus damage to riders and armor, have a critical hit ratio of about 10%, and have average damage, ranging from 5 to 8. They're all Lord weapons, look the same, have the same name, are lightweight, and the sprite of the lords with the Rapier usually shows them holding a Rapier. There might be mild changes in aesthetic or stats, but it's not significant enough to warrant a new choice IMO. They're pretty much the same weapon with mild differences.

Edited by Rawr

Really? I don't notice any significant enough difference for it to warrant another choice/count as a different weapon. Generally they deal bonus damage to riders and armor, have a critical hit ratio of about 10%, and have average damage, ranging from 5 to 8. They're all Lord weapons, look the same, have the same name, are lightweight, and the sprite of the lords with the Rapier usually shows them holding a Rapier. There might be mild changes in aesthetic or stats, but it's not significant enough to warrant a new choice IMO. They're pretty much the same weapon with mild differences.

Might as well have the only options be Rapier (and all of its derivations), Silver Sword, Light Sword, and Ettard then.

But the wolf beil is an axe and has wta on armors in addition to everything else, man

It's also the property of an actual werewolf

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if the poll was about coolness or gameplay usefulness, but for coolness, I give it to Durandal (but just by a bit because of how powerful it looks compared to all other swords). Mystletainn is my favorite but that's not a main character's weapon weapon. The way it is shaped and its dark color is just gorgeous and badass at the same time.

Edited by Nostalgia

Reginleif, Binding Blade. The former is a 3x cavalry obliterator belonging to an everything obliterator, and the Blade is good enough that no matter how bad Roy is (usually, very) he'll still be a good fighter.

Also, not all Rapier's are equal. Particularly Roy's, which doesn't hit Nomads or IIRC armours, and Eliwood's, which has 2x effectiveness and WTD.

Edited by Furetchen

Micaiah's Thani is probably the best early game weapon. Works like Rapier, but kills the Knights and Cavs in one-two hits!

Best late game weapon is Seliph's Tyrfing, because with it Seliph can get insanely strong, thanks to 30 mt and the bonuses. Plus, it can make Julius beatable if you don't have Julia.