New Forum Software

Jyosua

I'm pretty sure the email notifications for like, a new PM or something is broken now. It was still working the first few days after the update, but then it just died like.... yesterday, I think? Is there something specific I need to be doing to fix this or what?

I hope it's not gonna be a permanent thing with the letters+numbers under 'Favorite FE game' thing. Not sure what that is if your rank title returned.

Edited by Cordelia

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woops, that's not the forum software's fault! I forgot to check our new mail-server which reached its free limit for sending emails. I have to actually add money to pay for the service the rest of the month. :V

Woops, that's not the forum software's fault! I forgot to check our new mail-server which reached its free limit for sending emails. I have to actually add money to pay for the service the rest of the month. :V

Oh.... I...I wasn't sure, so I kinda thought it was. >.> Sorry. Does the limit reset next month? But at least it's good to know what happened there...

Yeah we get 12k emails free, and then it's $0.20 per thousand after that. It's not all that expensive for now. It resets every month.

As far as the numbers and such, that's a result of the member badges. Until I get those working in a more elegant fashion, we'll have to deal with those.

Same as before, mostly. It's still a 10-point system but with different severities. Oh, and warnings expire automatically now (after a month is the normal time).

Same as before, mostly. It's still a 10-point system but with different severities. Oh, and warnings expire automatically now (after a month is the normal time).

"Still a 10-point system"?

I know it doesn't matter anymore but out of curiosity since it was displayed as a percentage system up to 100% back then:

Does that mean that it wasn't possible to raise the warning bar by less then 10%?

Edited by BrightBow

We can make the severity of a warning from 1-100 instead of a warning being locked to 10% intervals.

We can make the severity of a warning from 1-100 instead of a warning being locked to 10% intervals.

I am sorry for the trouble but I am really confused now.

The way it sounds to me now is that the new system goes from 1 to 100

while the old system used the numbers from 1 to 100 but could actually only be raised by 10.

Did I get that right? I can't imagine that, seeing how you only gave me 1 point.

Edited by BrightBow

That's correct.

The staff decided that warnings handed out since the upgrade would be kept as-is instead of having to rewarn members to fix them, since we were under the impression that 1 = 10% like before.

That's correct.

The staff decided that warnings handed out since the upgrade would be kept as-is instead of having to rewarn members to fix them, since we were under the impression that 1 = 10% like before.

Okay, I think I got it now. Thank you for your patience here.

Edited by BrightBow

There's a weird issue with acronyms and links in the same post. Hit quote to see what I actually enter below:

lol

this text disappears

google

As you can see, everything from the acronym up to the url is gone in the post.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

There's a weird issue with acronyms and links in the same post. Hit quote to see what I actually enter below:

lol

this text disappears

google

As you can see, everything from the acronym up to the url is gone in the post.

On the subject of the acronym option, why is it gone?

On the subject of the acronym option, why is it gone?

Jyo acknowledged that it's known to cause issues, and until he's had time to look into things, he figured disabling it was the better option. If it can be fixed, it probably will return.

Not really much, but there are no longer adverts at the top of the page, below the banner. Which adds to the presentation. Adverts are ugly.

I noticed that post count is gone? D: I don't care about popularity contests, but I always did like seeing how much I've contributed to discussions and the like. Is it an optional option now, or is it gone for good? D:

Because obviously post counts are the most important thing in the world. :V

Plenty of people like having them and there is really no reason to not have them. I don't understand why you insist on removing them.

I don't really appreciate a moderator trying to argue with me publicly over something that has been discussed and settled a long time ago. It will never change. I suggest you drop the subject.