New Forum Software

Jyosua

Well, I can't help not liking this boring green skin we're stuck with right now. xP

26414bb.jpg

I dont like this skin either but oh well. They need to reskin the entire forums now. It will take time.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how people can complain about this skin, really. It barely looks any different from the same boring green skin that SF has used as its default skin for years so why start complaining now? Also, it's easy on the eyes and doesn't make me cringe like the red skin did. This is the instance where I say simplicity triumphs.

I don't even like green, but I stick to our default skins specifically because they are so easy on the eyes. Magical Purple was a good idea, but I don't think the choices in shades were perfect. Rajaion Red looked like ass, in my opinion. No offense intended to Tang, who was the one who made it, but It was so harsh on the eyes. XD

Just an FYI guys: The bug tracker is back. Please use this to report bugs with the forum software.

Also the issue with the forum categories is fixed now.

I don't really think the new skins are bad. I just miss the herons and stuff in the background. The new software is MUCH better.

I don't even like green, but I stick to our default skins specifically because they are so easy on the eyes. Magical Purple was a good idea, but I don't think the choices in shades were perfect. Rajaion Red looked like ass, in my opinion. No offense intended to Tang, who was the one who made it, but It was so harsh on the eyes. XD

Just an FYI guys: The bug tracker is back. Please use this to report bugs with the forum software.

Also the issue with the forum categories is fixed now.

#FreeTangsCreativity

Cool. I'll take full responsibility since I did nothing at all.

I think this green was a very good choice for being easy on the eyes. I'm assuming you'll add to it and make a more interesting background and stuff when the time comes since you've done it with the other green skins, I think, and I'm looking forward to it. I just hope this shade stays.

I'll probably still go back to blue skies, though, if you make it and bring back the cloud background.

*sigh*

If only the *whole* page was green...

It's fine, though, the way it is. ^^

At least IMO it is.

As for post counts, both Serebi and Zelda Universe have them, and those are huge forums... I don't see why a peaceful forum like ours would suffer from a "post count-bragging syndrome." X3

I don't mind. (It's not like you can't them, anyway. They're in the profile, so yeah. I just want Jyoshua to add a "FFtF" post count, too.)

Rajaion Red looked like ass, in my opinion.

Well, like, thats just your opinion, man. /The Dude

I liked Rajaion Red because red and black are easy on my eyes. The green default is far too bright for me. But if Magical Purple or Lucius comes back first, ill be using them.

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, I just figured I'd post here since the site doesn't really have an established "help" section.

Ok, so the software destroyed all my stat tables, but no problem I just typed them all up into excel and screenshotted them. Now I have the original pictures (PNGs) and each one uploaded to Flickr. I tried to input the picture by dragging or by embedding the image with the flickr url, but in either case I get a message stating that the file extension is not allowed. I tried changing to pdf but nothing appears when I try that.

My question is: How can you upload pictures with the new software without encountering this issue?

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

Edited by Walhart

1. Use this nifty function:

Type "[code]stuff[/code]" for this formatting
2. Upload the pictures to a site that's meant to host images (imgur, imageshack, etc.), then click on the Image button (second row, middle of the page) and go from there.

1. Use this nifty function:

Type "[code]stuff[/code]" for this formatting
2. Upload the pictures to a site that's meant to host images (imgur, imageshack, etc.), then click on the Image button (second row, middle of the page) and go from there.

Ok, thanks. Sorry for asking such a dumb question. I guess the problem was actually the PNG format, so I exported them as JPEGs.

Edited by Walhart

Almost every time I encounter the "extension is not allowed on this forum" the issue is because the filename contains a space in it. The new forum software seems incredibly picky about edittig old posts containing images with %20 (that is the space character) in them, and it sort of barfs all over things, but I haven't noticed whether it is a problem with brand new posts as well.

Almost every time I encounter the "extension is not allowed on this forum" the issue is because the filename contains a space in it. The new forum software seems incredibly picky about edittig old posts containing images with %20 (that is the space character) in them, and it sort of barfs all over things, but I haven't noticed whether it is a problem with brand new posts as well.

Ahhhh, that makes sense.

In any case, changing the format and uploading to photobucket solved my problem.

EDIT: Tried dragging a .png and .jpg file directly into the post but I got the error in both cases even with and without spaces in the title. It seems that using a jpg and photobucket were both necessary, but that doesn't matter, at least I know what to do now.

Edited by Walhart

i was going to make a new post in this thread but then i realized it would be the exact same as the below one:

rajaion red is for lame nerds

are we gonna get variable posts per page back? mafia is so hard to read in 20ppp

pls respond

it'd be neat to at least have a higher default ppp like 30 - 50 if we won't be able to change it ourselves

Edited by Witch

You used to be able to adjust it there in the old forum software, but after the upgrade those options were either removed, or moved somewhere counterintuitive because I haven't been able to find them wherever I've looked.

Apparently that feature was outright removed. It's not coming back, unfortunately.