Avatar the Last Airbender Mafia: D4ends 5/2 at 9:30 PM EST

scorri

Mancer, paste your role PM please. Just want to make sure that's not a fake (though Scorri has offered to help with fakes, so I guess it doesn't mean much). If you've got more to your role, snip that part out.

That's a Modkillable offence...

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a rule against posting role PMs now. Good to know that.

Mancer, I'm willing to believe miller claim for now, but don't self-meta yourself. People will think what they will of your behavior, and you can't tell them otherwise.

Hello it is 4:37 am and I am a PGO

##Vote: FtP

That may just be really subtle rolefishing. Or me overeacting.

That's really subtle rolefishing, then. xD I don't think people should be role claiming, just say their element, and only if a majority of people believe it's a good idea.

Also, I've never played with a Miller before, so yeah, that makes sense.

##Unvote, ##Vote: FTP

Gonna sheep SB on this. Why would someone's character is a likely indication of the strength of their role? Like you yourself said, Zuko was an antagonist and then a protagonist, so it makes perfect sense, flavour-wise anyways, for him to be a Miller.

And there's a miller claim. My incredible wiki-fu says he's the Fire Prince but is good later which fits with miller and that's as good a claim as we'll get. Also FTP I don't think it's safe to assume role power based on story relevance.

Also, Necro, I'm not sure why you revealed that, or why you expect people to believe that Zuko, the main antagonist, and then an important protagonist, would have such a sucky role with no extra options.

This is what I was getting at in regards to rolefishing

On the element thing I dont see any reason not to but at the same time I dont think it'll give us any benefit.

I dislike those type of posts because they're basically fluff. If the "thing you know" is something you're going to reveal, then do so. If it's not something you feel comfortable with revealing, then why even make that post in the first place?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an "element cop" or something like that. It wouldn't be the equivalent of an alignment cop or anything, but considering that we all get an element and that it's apparently important I think that's a possibility. I don't care if we massclaim elements or not, but if specific people feel that they need to get their element out in the open then they should do so.

yeah but if i do then i give stuff away though it'll actually probably just help the townnnnn ahhhhh fine

so i was redirected last night because I asked scorri if I got results due to my role when at first when the phase started I hadn't gotten anything and then she said okay and then my target was different that who it was so we have a driver this game and I will say they redirected me to blitz cause I don't really care about that part but i'll refrain from saying my original target

Yeah, it does. I'm coming from a background with role madness. For those of you who don't know what that is, there isn't a flat-out vanilla, or miller role. I'm gonna need to adjust.

Snake, you're right. I need to stop assuming on D1, and not just assume character=power. That's been the setup for past games I've played, with a sort of hierarchy of power based on character.

Bananas, I was thinking aloud about it, the previous sections of my post explain why. As I've rarely played a game with any true vanilla roles, and never a miller role, I always assume there's more to it. The setup on SF is... completely different. xD

yeah but if i do then i give stuff away though it'll actually probably just help the townnnnn ahhhhh fine

so i was redirected last night because I asked scorri if I got results due to my role when at first when the phase started I hadn't gotten anything and then she said okay and then my target was different that who it was so we have a driver this game and I will say they redirected me to blitz cause I don't really care about that part but i'll refrain from saying my original target

Or a hijacker. Or a martyr. Or a nexus.

All this tells me is that idling might not be the best route for me to take.

Or a hijacker. Or a martyr. Or a nexus.

All this tells me is that idling might not be the best route for me to take.

we can't have a nexus, because then I wouldn't have targeted anyone

at least I think that's how it works

I wouldn't have been able to target my original person and then if they were a nexus my action would have just failed

Who do you think is scum, almighty one?

I will let you know when the mod outs everyone at the end of the game, for now I am clueless.

##Vote: Psych

how can I resist not doing it?

as for the elements, isn't it more likely for the water elementals to be protection roles like docs (in other words, I think it is better not to claim elements)

and another thing, I am sure element without character claim seems worthless to me

(also don't forget Jongjong, he could be in the game)

Redirect thing is weird, since scum usually idle redirects and stuff like that night 1, and townies should too. Or scum just played suboptimally.

Meh.

FtP, plain Millers can be fairly strong in their own way, just being a named townie. Unless scum uses them as fake (which has happened before here so...)

we can't have a nexus, because then I wouldn't have targeted anyone

at least I think that's how it works

I wouldn't have been able to target my original person and then if they were a nexus my action would have just failed

I'm thinking of the variant that bounces you randomly. . .but this is far enough on this tangent.

as for the elements, isn't it more likely for the water elementals to be protection roles like docs (in other words, I think it is better not to claim elements)

and another thing, I am sure element without character claim seems worthless to me

(also don't forget Jongjong, he could be in the game)

I highly doubt that, until proven otherwise. I mean, a character who has and demonstrates healing abilities in-game would reasonably be a doctor, but that doesn't mean all people of a certain element would be a certain subtype of a role. I will say that my role and my element by themselves have no logical connection to one another.

I highly doubt that, until proven otherwise. I mean, a character who has and demonstrates healing abilities in-game would reasonably be a doctor, but that doesn't mean all people of a certain element would be a certain subtype of a role. I will say that my role and my element by themselves have no logical connection to one another.

I meant in-universe >_>

So we have:

Known Redirection role.

PGO: SB

Zuko/Fire/Miller: Mancer

claimed right now. Is anyone still open to element massclaiming?

Is SB comfortable with element/character claiming? Since your role is out already.