Avatar the Last Airbender Mafia: D4ends 5/2 at 9:30 PM EST

scorri

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Mancer, stop pushing "consolidation": it has already happened. there are 13 votes on (Marth + Shinori) and only 4 on others. Yes, we're only voting for people we think might actually get lynched, because that's how strategic voting works. You're simultaneously asking for consolidation and being annoyed that it happened.

Using ISOs and what little time we have left to check out the Marth wagon.

SB hasn't really done much; "look at Marth's ISO and tell me what he's done to help town" is weird rhetoric for pushing a case when you could apply the same logic to Strege, or even SB himself, who didn't have much more content than Marth. e

clipsey's Marth vote is actually really weak even though she clung onto it for the latter half of the phase - okay, Marth is scumhunting based on a perceived scumslip. yeah, that's weak, but where's the scum intent of it? Generally "scumslips" are considered plausible by town, and a wagon on Rein actually had no support. Marth's point was that Strege's suggestion could easily have scum intent, and you vote people you think have scum intent... so eclipse wasn't voting Marth for voting with craplogic, just voting for what she didn't agree had scum intent because it's "easy", which makes her look more concerned with finding a target to poke at than finding somebody posting from a mafia PoV.

I don't think any of this really justified the wagon it got Marth in any case. Wish I had said this stuff while it was actually happening.

Kay is OKay because I don't really expect her to to push her buddy up as the front candidate, then back off and hard defend his claim even when people don't believe it and he's sinking, especially when Shinori was really quick to give up in contrast.

Boron was early on the Shinori wagon and I can understand townies being apprehensive about lynching the cop so she's probably town unless she survives too long and PoE indicates that scum might've attempted an early bus.

Rein's Shinori vote actually looks really, really good in terms of timing + VCA, but going by Presidential he doesn't mind securing the lynch of sinking buddies. I dunno, I'd lynch SB/eclipse/Strege first.

Of course, it's theoretically possible that the Shinori and Marth wagons are scum/scum but I don't really expect that to be true, at all.

##Unvote I wish I had time to reread the thread before end of phase. Sorry, things went long.

I don't like Mancer's behaviour here because he's suggesting new stuff so close to the wire, and I'm interested in why Prims thinks he's town.

Did I miss Prims claiming role or is Shinori saying he knows it for other reasons? I don't know what to make of Shinori saying Psych was visited but I really want to hear more from Psych, even tonight would be great. Shinori is using other language that I'll want explained to me next phase because there's no time now.

I never got a chance to review claims against Bluedoom/Marth so I'm going to ##Vote: Shinori I'll try to follow up with justification but the time is so short.

Elie: please shoot somebody who was on the Marth wagon tonight, ideally eclipse or SB. Slayer is probably ITP and in the worst case scenario where he's harmful he probably has a bulletproof vest. We can deal with him lategame, especially since we're about to lynch a scum.

Shinori said something like "Your role sucks" to Prims, which could be him trolling or could be that the mafia investigated Prims on N0.

No real justification should be needed for a Shinori vote at this point, he all but said "I'm mafia".

Shinori said something like "Your role sucks" to Prims, which could be him trolling or could be that the mafia investigated Prims on N0.

No real justification should be needed for a Shinori vote at this point, he all but said "I'm mafia".

But I'm not scum.

Rude.

I still think Marth is scum because the "scumslips" he was going after seemed more like an effort to not have to come up with actual reads than town getting excited from catching a perceived scumslip.

If Marth is mafia, Kay is probably town but if he's not, IMO she might be scum despite her moving off Shinori because her Marth opinion reads to me like mafia white knighting for town, and IMO if she really felt Marth was town and she didn't want to lynch Shinori, she would have tried to start a powerwagon on someone else. Dunno.

I still think Marth is scum because the "scumslips" he was going after seemed more like an effort to not have to come up with actual reads than town getting excited from catching a perceived scumslip.

Except Marth can totally fake scumreads as scum, so why does he do this instead? Townies think scumslips are shiny things and vote because of them like they mean more than the really do. Plus counterwagons etc etc.

You talk for most of the day debating who could possibly be part of the Fire Nation. Eventually you come down between Marth and Shinori. While trying to decide between the two of them, Shinori
starts to cry out "What, no, not me! I'm the mentor to the Avatar! I am one of the most powerful monks of the Air Temple. I'm your --" You cut him off, deciding that you don't care who he claims
to be, you're going to lynch him anyways. After the deed is done, someone steps forward to find the following piece of paper concealed on his person:

Dear Shinori, you are Fire Lord Ozai, mafia Rolecop.

Ozai.png

You are the tyrannical leader of the Fire nation. You were the younger son of Azulon, the Fire Lord before you. Your older brother Iroh was the crown prince, however, when his son died, you came up with a scheme to take his position in the succession. This scheme resulted in your father’s death, your wife’s banishment, and your ascension to the position of Fire Lord. You desired to follow in your father and grandfather’s footsteps and finish their conquest of the other nations. You were a cruel father, burning and banishing your son, and commanding him to never return unless he found the Avatar. You would eventually declare yourself the Phoenix King during your final push to destroy any resistance to your rule.

Every night, you may reply to this role PM with Night X: Challenge <player> to the Agni Kai. You will fight <player> in a firebending contest, that will result in them being defeated and giving you their role. You may also talk with the rest of the Fire Nation in this quicktopic.

You are allied with the Fire Nation and win when all threats are eliminated. Your element is Fire.

Heartened by your sucess, you head away for the night, hoping that you will be safe.