Quick Burn and Slow Burn

Djing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least in storymode + nogrind anyway I haven't played the DLC or know what those are like turnwise so maybe Slow Burn would have some use there? But afaik most of my turncounts during the story did not exceed double digits per chapter

I wouldn't mind seeing Slow Burn on a bow-using class for Lunatic+ (like Bow Knight); it's not that useful out of the mage tree on Dark Knight.

I may be solo on this but i like lethality, sure the chance to proc is low but insta kill is dang good. I always grin when it procs on a general i'd deal 3 damage to otherwhise, or on someone that would survive if it hadn't. As for quick burn and slow burn, not sure what to think of theese. Does the avoid stay after turn 15 for slow burn? If not then it's pretty meh. Rarely see battles go over turn 10 anyway, might as well use evasion + 10 instead

I may be solo on this but i like lethality, sure the chance to proc is low but insta kill is dang good. I always grin when it procs on a general i'd deal 3 damage to otherwhise, or on someone that would survive if it hadn't. As for quick burn and slow burn, not sure what to think of theese. Does the avoid stay after turn 15 for slow burn? If not then it's pretty meh. Rarely see battles go over turn 10 anyway, might as well use evasion + 10 instead

Yes, Slow Burn's effects persist after turn 15.

QB>SB

Also woo vengeance and vantage I do like +20 dmg on a single hit then wait to e hurt again while I dodge tank the next 8 enemies that come at me on EP and watch Vengeance do nothing after the first hit (maybe the second)

I'd rather Luna and deal +20 or whatever damage to everyone that I dodge on EP,not just the first.

FFS VVW combos pride themselves on fighting one enemy at a time maybe two. I'm taking on like 4-6 per EP in most situations. Turtling, sure I guess, but anything even an ounce beyond turtling speed kind of demands other skill sets

Edited by Elieson

I admit I underrated Quick Burn a bit. Pair it up with lucky 7 and breaker skills and you're untouchable. Not the most interesting of skills but its okay.

Slow burn just seems tacked on however. It makes Hit +20 seem good.

As Interceptor pointed out, Slow Burn would be good for no-grind Lunatic+--in which you will invariably be turtling well past turn fifteen--were it on a bow-using class. On vanilla Lunatic and below, however, it's lackluster.

I've only played about a third of the way through Lunatic+, but that doesn't sound right at all... The danger of the enemies often means you have to move extremely fast to get them out of your way as quickly as possible, to whatever extent their skills will allow. Foes with Counter in particular need to die fast so they don't start triggering high-damage counterattacks and sending them right back.

Well, the reason I mentioned bow-using classes specifically was that they don't worry about Counter so much. Taking direct damage from 1-range attacks is less of a problem if you're Avatar, especially with a Blessed Bow.

I've only played about a third of the way through Lunatic+, but that doesn't sound right at all... The danger of the enemies often means you have to move extremely fast to get them out of your way as quickly as possible, to whatever extent their skills will allow. Foes with Counter in particular need to die fast so they don't start triggering high-damage counterattacks and sending them right back.

As Redwall said: Counter enemies are not dangerous to someone with a Bow. In fact, Counter guys are totally nerfed against Bows, since that means that they only have one potentially dangerous skill.

I'd love something like Slow Burn on my Luna+ run, since I'm going to take 30 turns to train units anyway, so I might as well maximize dodge potential on the beefcakes. It's much easier to pick off Hawkeye mooks for a dodge tank, than it is to kill off the Counter guys for your units that can fight at 1-range.

I wouldn't mind seeing Slow Burn on a bow-using class for Lunatic+ (like Bow Knight); it's not that useful out of the mage tree on Dark Knight.

Yes, Slow Burn's effects persist after turn 15.

If you put the skills together you get infinite 15 hit/avoid for the 15 turns. Pretty handy if you ask me.

As Interceptor pointed out, Slow Burn would be good for no-grind Lunatic+--in which you will invariably be turtling well past turn fifteen--were it on a bow-using class. On vanilla Lunatic and below, however, it's lackluster.

Slow Burn doesn't persist past turn 15, so you wouldn't be getting benefits from going too damn slow in chapters. I tried it using Nowi with Quick+Slow in Micaiah's xenologue. At turn 16, Ike's chances to hit Nowi increased by 16 (1 from Quick Burn turning off and 15 from Slow Burn). Nowi was maxed out, so she'd hit Ike anyway... I also tried it a while back with Ricken in the same scenario (but with only Slow Burn) with the same results.

About usefulness I'd say Lucky Seven>Quick Burn>>Slow Burn. Again, that's my way of thinking since I usually rush through the maps, while trying to cover everything. If it takes me too long it's more due to the maps' size, than enemies might. Still, I haven't played through Lunatic+, so I can't speak for that difficulty, but from my point of view, the more you advance in a map, the less enemies you have left to fight and the less you need the skill bonuses.

Slow Burn doesn't persist past turn 15, so you wouldn't be getting benefits from going too damn slow in chapters. I tried it using Nowi with Quick+Slow in Micaiah's xenologue. At turn 16, Ike's chances to hit Nowi increased by 16 (1 from Quick Burn turning off and 15 from Slow Burn). Nowi was maxed out, so she'd hit Ike anyway... I also tried it a while back with Ricken in the same scenario (but with only Slow Burn) with the same results.

What...? I thought it was continuous after turn 15... Well, that's busted.

I never understood that, it wasn't in the skill description. I was about to test it myself. Glad to know I don't need to.

Really? The skill description is, and I quote(as in I just got out my 3DS to check):

"Increases Hit/Avo by 1 each turn.

Effects end after 15 turns."

The game tells you quite bluntly. I don't see how you could misunderstand that.

Or did I misunderstand what you meant?

Edited by L95

I interpreted it as the increase ceases after 15 turns, not that the skill removes all gained avoid after 15 turns.

Really? The skill description is, and I quote(as in I just got out my 3DS to check):

"Increases Hit/Avo by 1 each turn.

Effects end after 15 turns.

"

The game tells you quite bluntly. I don't see how you could misunderstand that.

Or did I misunderstand what you meant?

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was assuming that after 15 turns, the avoid and hit increase would stop, rather than the effect disappearing altogether.

I interpreted it as the increase ceases after 15 turns, not that the skill removes all gained avoid after 15 turns.

Same here.

About usefulness I'd say Lucky Seven>Quick Burn>>Slow Burn. Again, that's my way of thinking since I usually rush through the maps, while trying to cover everything. If it takes me too long it's more due to the maps' size, than enemies might. Still, I haven't played through Lunatic+, so I can't speak for that difficulty, but from my point of view, the more you advance in a map, the less enemies you have left to fight and the less you need the skill bonuses.

The particular way that I've been playing Luna+, the most dangerous part is usually during Turn 5-20ish, depending. Even with the avoid turning off after Turn 15, it would still be useful. Useful, that is, if it wasn't stuck on a crappy Luna+ class. I'd take the skills (Lifetaker also good), but can't afford to spend 15-25+ levels in a bad class set.