Shipping Mafia - Rule 9a invoked for universal loss

eclipse

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Also, minor theory time. What if scum don't have shipping partners? Xinnidy claimed to be unable to find her partner. If so, this game may be wide open...

said in OP that it wouldn't work out.

anyway lemme collect my data points and figure out what's going on

Also, minor host error in someone's flavor. This did not influence any actions (as this is not a scumhunt-by-flavor game), and should not hinder gameplay. Carry on!

Some actions are being redirected to the targets' partners.

not really. The cause is painfully obvious in light of the flips.

re Strege: I can deal with him tonight if need be.

ugh i'm looking at the list of claims (I have them all btw, and if you didn't claim2me I got it from elsewhere) and something isn't adding up

I don't see what you're saying, and I don't know how else to explain my results.

Hmmmmm. We can talk this through during the night.

I need more people to talk and give results if required.

Well, there are too many oracle claims for me to believe they're all town. On top of a flipped Watcher too, though I know balance isn't promised.

I think I'll go with this, though: ##Vote: Cam

It feels like he shows up only under pressure and then vanishes again once that's gone.

Holy fuck 4 deaths.

Manix how many oracle claims do you have? Actually don't answer that, I'm just surprised to see multiples of roles being claimed/existing. Also; being as balance is experimental, I can realistically see a vanilla scum existing, if vanilla town exists too. It doesn't seem fair to have vanilla on only one side IMO.

##Vote Shinori

Something we discussed regarding his Kay vote rang a bell for me, and I really don't like how conversation suddenly ended when it came up.

Shinori was the only person I wasn't able to talk to in OC because he was always playing WoW or League...

Also, the OP says that duplicate roles might exist. Additionally, there have been plenty of games with Town Vanillas and no Mafia Goons. Not discounting the possibility of a Goon, especially as the OP specifically mentions they might exist, but saying they might exist just because Town Vanillas exist.

I don't suppose me saying that I'm still town would convince anyone, but there you go. Also, if anyone (such as myself) thought that there was a certain other pattern to the pairings then these results disprove it.

I'm hesitant to believe that everyone would turn SK if their partner died for any reason, especially if we started out with two town vigs and what I assume to be two killing roles for mafia -- that just gets ugly in a hurry. The mislynch thing seems likely, but even then it might be a stretch to assume that everyone becomes SK, because Blitz was already vig.

I won't be on a computer for the next several hours but I'll try to reread stuff on my phone in the mean time.

Yeah. Also, minor theory time. What if scum don't have shipping partners? Xinnidy claimed to be unable to find her partner. If so, this game may be wide open...

I don't think I talked to Xinnidy but that sounds like a decent way for scum to get a bunch of pairing information out of everyone. Was her hint particularly vague?

So I targeted myself manix.

I just feel like I should state that since you asked me to target xinny.

Also bbm yeah when I tried messaging you back you were offline. Mah b. But i mean you only did message me once.

It appears that we know there are duplicate roles assuming Manix is a legit vig. However it probably means Manix will become an SK if he loses his shipping partner, that is assuming the same thing happens to him that happened to blitz anyway.

As for a vote I'm going to read over bbm's iso and scorri's iso again before dropping one down.

Now I'm off to play league a bit.

I didn't talk to Xinnidy but that sounds like a decent way for scum to get a bunch of shipping information from people. Was her hint particularly vague?