4 New Gen6. Pokemon and New Details from Corocoro

Ema Skye

800px-CoroCoro_June_2013_image_1.jpg

We've got:

The goat, Gogoat, is the Ride Pokemon and is a Grass-type. The player can actually ride on it in the field as seen in the artwork.. It is known for being a gentle Pokemon. It can learn Horn Leech. It is 1.7m and 91.0kg.
The panda Pokemon, Yancham, is the Naughty Pokemon and is a Fighting-type. It has a new move called Parting Remark which lowers its opponent's stats and then forces the user to retreat. It is 0.6m and 8.0kg.
The bird Pokemon, Yayakoma, is the Japanese Robin Pokemon and is Normal/Flying. It can learn Flame Charge. It is known for announcing itself with its beautiful chirping and is very friendly toward humans. It is 0.3m and 1.7kg.
The lizard, Elikiteru, is the Generator Pokemon and is Electric/Normal-type. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which has an effect like Giga Drain. Elikiteru soaks up the sun's rays to generate electricity for itself. It is 0.5m and 6.0kg.

Region's name is Karos.

Character skin tone, hair and eye color can be customized.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that bird looked like a robin. It's so cute! Don't like the lizard though. But I do like the panda and the goat. ^^

And I saw the female trainer's art on another shot. She looks just like me with that hair and eye color. o.o

Quite like the Robin and the Goat. Trainer customization is great, I wonder if I can make my trainer look a little like Wes from Coliseum :P

Parting Remark sounds even more broken than U-Turn, especially if it's a Fighting move.

Better typing (except the immunity against Ghost), an additionnal effect (therefore may be boosted by Sheer Force) and even if it's power was lowered it could be boosted by Technician.

Other than that, the panda looks the most promising of the bunch. The robin learning Flame Charge is kinda funny though.

Parting Remark sounds even more broken than U-Turn, especially if it's a Fighting move.

I don't think it'll cause damage, only lower stats.

I like the panda and the goat myself. Trainer customazation is neat.

By the way, Spinda is a panda, how could you forget Spinda.

Edited by Leafeon

800px-CoroCoro_June_2013_image_1.jpg

We've got:

The goat, Gogoat, is the Ride Pokemon and is a Grass-type. The player can actually ride on it in the field as seen in the artwork.. It is known for being a gentle Pokemon. It can learn Horn Leech. It is 1.7m and 91.0kg.
The panda Pokemon, Yancham, is the Naughty Pokemon and is a Fighting-type. It has a new move called Parting Remark which lowers its opponent's stats and then forces the user to retreat. It is 0.6m and 8.0kg.
The bird Pokemon, Yayakoma, is the Japanese Robin Pokemon and is Normal/Flying. It can learn Flame Charge. It is known for announcing itself with its beautiful chirping and is very friendly toward humans. It is 0.3m and 1.7kg.
The lizard, Elikiteru, is the Generator Pokemon and is Electric/Normal-type. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which has an effect like Giga Drain. Elikiteru soaks up the sun's rays to generate electricity for itself. It is 0.5m and 6.0kg.

Region's name is Karos.

Character skin tone, hair and eye color can be customized.

Oh boy, an extra weakness to one of the most common attacking types and a useless immunity to ghost type moves. But it's movepool might be more diverse on account of the normal type.

D'awww, they all look so cute <3

Strangely I don't find the pokemon of this gen to be as weird looking as I did with all of the other previous gens. Maybe gen 4 and 5 jarred me so much that everything is now tame in comparison to the weirdness that is those aforementioned gens...

Love these guys, except that lizard, I don't know what to make of it. The goat looks more like an evolved form, or perhaps it can evolve, anyway, the goat is badass. I like the idea of trainer customization, and riding Pokemon, hope fully other Pokemon can be ridden too. (Come on Diglett, we're almost there)

From what I've seen of it, this generation is actually exciting me. 5th gen really disappointed me, seeing on how the Pokemon were really more "household objects" than actual creatures. I'm glad that things seem to be getting back to how they were.

From what I've seen of it, this generation is actually exciting me. 5th gen really disappointed me, seeing on how the Pokemon were really more "household objects" than actual creatures. I'm glad that things seem to be getting back to how they were.

To be fair, Trubbish, Vanilluxe and such weren't revealed early. Besides, even Gen 3 and 4 had things like Chimeco and Rotom.

To be fair, Trubbish, Vanilluxe and such weren't revealed early. Besides, even Gen 3 and 4 had things like Chimeco and Rotom.

And gen 1 had voltorb and electrode.

I Was really talking about the generation as a whole. I just found Generation 5 so.. unappealing. Like all of it.

Also I wouldn't really count Voltorb or Electrode because they're Pokeballs which isn't really a household object or whatever.

Story time kiddies.

Remember back before Black and White when this guy named Hiro correctly identified some of the new BW Pokemon before they were supposed to be shown (Eelectrik and Vanillish are the ones I remember).

Then Hiro shared another tidbit about X and Y, mainly being that there is an Electric-type Giga Drain variant. To me, this is important for two big reasons: 1, it seems like something way too specific to make up, and 2, this got confirmed in the update today, as one of the moves our Electric/Normal thingy learns.

So here's some other information that Hiro has shared. As always, take it with a grain of salt. But given that this is the guy who has leaked before, and what he's shared (however minuscule) has been correct.

- Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon.
- Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
- Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
- The professor's English name is Patrice.
- The Starter final evolutions are, as many people predicted, Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
- The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
- A few attacks will be dual-typed.
- There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
- You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

I'm taking Doofina's predictions by Hiro with a grain of salt here. It sounds too good to be true, but who knows for sure? They might reveal some more information on the new Pokemon Smash episode on Wednesday, so we'll just have to see from there.

Anyway, I love these new Pokemon! Yancham is adorable, Gogoat looks badass, and Yayakoba & Elikiteru look like they have good potential here. Can't wait to see more of these guys.

I'm liking that they're adding character customization to the trainers now. I'll assume there will be more options than what has been initially shown, but I'm happy that we can at least personalize our trainers to our liking.

Also, I noticed something kind of interesting. Someone pointed out elsewhere that Karos, the new region, is supposedly based off of France. Based on the shown image of Karos in the scan with the trainers, I had to compare that to the actual map of France. And holy crap, do they look really similar. If there's a giant monument reminiscent of the Eiffel Tower, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

EDIT: Well, will you look at that? Bulbapedia confirms the main hub city of the game to be "Miare City," and located in the center is a "giant tower." That France basis seems about accurate now, but there's more. The city is said to be so large that the player has to ride around on a Gogoat just to get places. NOW I'm intrigued. Rideable Pokemon sounds like a prospect that would be a LOT of fun to play around with.

Edited by Karaszure

Also, I noticed something kind of interesting. Someone pointed out elsewhere that Karos, the new region, is supposedly based off of France. Based on the shown image of Karos in the scan with the trainers, I had to compare that to the actual map of France. And holy crap, do they look really similar. If there's a giant monument reminiscent of the Eiffel Tower, I'm going to laugh my ass off.

There was one in the trailer IIRC, a bit late there bro.

I didn't want a new type but Fairy sounds like lots of fun, actually.

According to updated info, Fairy is NVE against Fire and Psychic.

Assuming this is true, this will give Fire six resistances, the second highest behind Steel, plus an immunity to burns, but it's still going to be considered a bad defensive type due to weaknesses to Water, Ground and Stealth Rock, though at this point there's still few competant defense Fire types anyway with Gamefreak's obsession of making most of them mixed attackers.

Edited by Doga Blockovich