Am I the only guy who likes Brom?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personality-wise, I really like Brom.

He's a nice guy.

I don't mind his age, and I think even his face look nice.

Gameplay-wise, I prefer Gatrie for his awesome speed.

Gatrie is monster in my gameplay.

And yeah, I never really like General class.

in other FE such as 6, 7, 8, I usually bench them :|

I hate their speed since it's hard to OHKO most enemies.

Gatrie is the one and only General class that I bring to endgame, ever.

Edited by Fairlee

I also never use armor knights unless I do a themed PT that would include some.

I like Brom as a character, he's funny.

As a unit, his class holds him back too much. too little speed to double, yet too little strength to 1HKO. and he lags behind due to him movement.

Brom is useful for me in RD in part 2 and early on in part 3 to take bait enemies and some hits buuut like others in this thread I don't like using armored units. I never use him in PoR.

As a character he's fine though, no problems there~

Edited by Disco

Brom is useful for me in RD in part 2 and early on in part 3 to take bait enemies and some hits buuut like others in this thread I don't like using armored units. I never use him in PoR.

As a character he's fine though, no problems there~

I'm sensing a pattern here :blink:

As a unit, his class holds him back too much. too little speed to double, yet too little strength to 1HKO. and he lags behind due to him movement.

I've used him on every RD playthrough (sometimes getting him up to Marshall), thinking "Maybe this time he'll be better!" He ends up doing fairly well, just not well enough.

He's one of those units that I really want to like, and then, like the rest of the cast, is overshadowed by the GMs, where Gatrie is basically him on steroids.

I don't think people dislike Brom. He just takes more effort that Gatrie and most people probably don't bother with him unless they want to. Most character reviews place him right up there with Gatrie though, and I've been happy with him in my playthroughs.

Isn't it a good one? XD

It seems to me like nobody hates the dude.

He's quite sweet, tough. Why hate him?

I've just noticed he's not as talked about as a bunch of others, he seemed disliked to me, I couldn't figure it out lol

I don't think people dislike Brom. He just takes more effort that Gatrie and most people probably don't bother with him unless they want to. Most character reviews place him right up there with Gatrie though, and I've been happy with him in my playthroughs.

That's probably true, I usually don't take the effort with certain characters unless I really want to.

• 2 weeks later...

I used brom in FE9, I don't really like armored knights but I like his characater, also I support him with Zihark. I love using swordmasters and brom is good at defending zihark since swordmasters have low defense.

I used brom in FE9, I don't really like armored knights but I like his characater, also I support him with Zihark. I love using swordmasters and brom is good at defending zihark since swordmasters have low defense.

And their supports are funny :P:

• 2 weeks later...

No I suppose not lol, the average guy probably wouldn't want to join the militia. Or... Er... Maybe they would. Uh...

If they are seriously worried about Daien then I figure they might join up.

I liked the part where Nephenee is like "hey can you use axes?" It turns out Brom was better with axes than swords the whole time. Why didn't he tell us.

If they are seriously worried about Daien then I figure they might join up.

I liked the part where Nephenee is like "hey can you use axes?" It turns out Brom was better with axes than swords the whole time. Why didn't he tell us.

Well, when you're captured you use whatever your rescuers give you, right? It's all Ike's fault! He gave Brom a lance! Darn that Ike! Luckily for Brom, in Radiant Dawn he got his axes back!

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

• 1 month later...

When I need a armor unit,it's Brom or Gatrie. I deployed both,and the enemies loved to,for whatever reason,attack Brom. they must have been afraid of Gatrie. Lol But when my Brom became a general,I trained him to use Brave Lance and Brave Sword,and he did quite spectacular. He also gained better magic resistance than Gatrie. Here is the stats for Brom,for my previous run:

Str:28/30

Def:25/30

Mag:14/30

Mag Def:19/30

Spd:23/30

Luck:20/30

Con:18/30

Skl:26/30