Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

LEGEND

IS MAGNIFICENT

Characterwise anyway. He's no thing of beauty on the battlefield. Bowlock and bad strength and speed and durability is pretty horrible.

0.5/10+1 bias to bring it to 1.5/10

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros:

+Good chipper

+Pretty decent pair-up bot, giving +2 DEF.

+Can reclass to Wyvern Rider

+Good enough skill to not worry about about him missing too often.

+access to Longbows,

+As of my recent playthrough makes a preety damn good father for Inigo.

Cons:

- crap bases

- cannot counter 1-range enemy's (though flipside is that he among only characters early on who can properly counter 2 range foes.)

- speed and Def. gonna need some buffs to make it through.

- slow start

-Mage reclass is crap

Virion's positives balance out his cons to make him much more useful than other early game archers, Gordon and Walt spring to mind. use him properly and he'll be useful up to mid game without a bit of favoritism.

6/10 7/10 bias with magnificence

Edited by ShinRPGamer

IS hates earlygame archers so much. As if bowlock isn't bad enough, they also have to deal with bad bases. Luckily Virion is in Awakening, where Second Seals exist, but just getting him to level 10 is a huge chore that never really pays off.

2/10

Virion, so suave.

But he's a pretty poor unit. Due to this games pair up system though, he isn't as bad as previous archers. Plus reclassing makes him usable in casual play.

2.5/10 - He does have near-perfect availability which makes him a good support bot.

3.5/10 - bias, because he makes ladies wet.

This isn't Lunatic+, so bows are a no-go. Doesn't help that the maps in this game are so wide-open. 1/10

lol bows

3/10

4/10 with bias

Please give more of an explanation from both of you. Edited by Randa

Awful. Might have been salvageable if he started at a higher level with real bases, but 8 levels in archer with those base stats is pathetic. His pair up and bonuses are only meh, but at least that's much more than the archers in other games have claim to. 3.5/10

4.5/10 bias because he's one of the few characters I genuinely like

Edited by Constable Reggie

Awful. Might have been salvageable if he started at a higher level with real bases, but 8 levels in archer with those base stats is pathetic. His pair up and bonuses are only meh, but at least that's much more than the archers in other games have claim to. 4/10

5/10 bias because he's one of the few characters I genuinely like

Reggie your score is much too high. Give him a 1 or 2.

IS hates earlygame archers so much. As if bowlock isn't bad enough, they also have to deal with bad bases. Luckily Virion is in Awakening, where Second Seals exist, but just getting him to level 10 is a huge chore that never really pays off.

2/10

Count this as my rating, too.

I'd give him a bias point because Edgeworth expy, but nah.

EDIT: Also, Randa, I'd make the ratings cleaner-looking:

Scores without bias

Lissa: 5.41
Frederick: 7.23
Chrom: 7.98
Male!MU: 9.88
Female!MU: 9.90
Scores with bias
Lissa: 5.56
Frederick: 7.23
Chrom: 7.91
Male!MU: 9.53
Female!MU: 9.80
Edited by Zeem

You don't need bows. It's a sad truth. His bases are bad, and he has to be spoonfed way too much to get to different class, in which he's just "average".

0.5/10

Reggie your score is much too high. Give him a 1 or 2.

He's not terrible if you can get him to wyvern, it's just his awful start that hurts him. High availability and pair up help him somewhat. I'll go down to 3.5/10, 4.5/10 bias, though

Edited by Constable Reggie

I'm going to point out how archers cannot be assaulted with the Counter skill,

and then prompty leave because I believe this thread is rather silly and should not exist

Please give more of an explanation from both of you.

I don't see what was lacking in my post. Bows effectively take away your enemy phase, making it arguably more difficult for Virion to get to Lv 10 than for Donnel to do the same. Wide-open maps make it difficult to prevent Virion from facing 1-range combat with his piss-poor 35% Def growth rate.

I haven't posted for any of the previous characters because I felt I wouldn't say much about them...giving Chrom/MU/Frederick 9.5/10. Well, Lissa I'd give a 6/10, but ANYWAY, about Virion: 3/10. Sacred Stones spoiled me with Innes, so I thought Virion could turn out like him, too, but...alas, he's more like Neimi. Who I had no patience for and never used at all. To be fair I gave Virion a few chances, but his bases and just....no. Didn't work out for me. He's quite an interesting character though, I think he's really funny.

Virion

+ Can use Longbows fairly quickly if leveled consistenty

+ Alright reclass options, mainly Wyvern

- Only bows until at least level 10

- Very vulnerable at the start

- Unimpressive stats all around

- Can take a while to level due to having to hide from enemies consistently

2/10, sorry bud, I still love your hair

Edited by Owain Dark

Please give more of an explanation from both of you.

Is the fact that he is stuck with bows unless he is given a Second Seal not a good enough reason for you?

LEGEND

IS MAGNIFICENT

Characterwise anyway. He's no thing of beauty on the battlefield. Bowlock and bad strength and speed and durability is pretty horrible.

0.5/10

This, with -0.5 bias for personality.

0/10

While bows aren't the best weapon, especially in the early game, Virion comes at a big disadvantage. While his bases, particularly his speed base, is terrible, he does grow rather nicely, except in Magic and Resistance, as is to be expected (at least in my experience with him). He is very hard to train without EXPonential growth, however, but when he is up to par he does make a decent unit, though getting him up there is the hard part.

He can make a good chipper in Hard mode, but I wouldn't use him at all in Lunatic mode. The fact that he must be kept safe, and bows generally stink in Awakening, are both major cons.

Once again, irrelevant, but Personality wise, I don't like his character very much, but his way of speaking gives me divine enjoyment.

Overall: 5/10

Edited by Maria's Bro

Can't you just put the actual names of these characters to avoid confusion...?

Anyway...

Virion is complete crap and worthless in Hard. His chip might be slightly helpful for a map or two, but he's stuck in a bad class for 8 levels minimum and seems to have horrible offensive growths despite apparently getting good Magic. But an Archer without offense is like a runner without legs.

1/10

I do like his cut-ins, though.

I never did like virion-- I paired him up with Olivia in my first run-through and Indigo wasn't all that great for it. I'm probably never gonna use him again if I can help it-- but lunatic+ might persuade me to use him for chip more than anything. And now for why. He's a pain to level while in Archer class-- having no ability to attack adjacent squares. He doesn't do such great damage and suffers for his pitiful strength-- and doesn't actually have a great crit range to boot. He's got an important superiority vs fliers for chapter 5, but it's not that important in HM as it may be in Lunatic or Lunatic+. His reclass options aren't that much better and overall he lacks a 'clincher'. Being able to go into mage, he gets Tomefaire-- Wyvern Rider gives him Lancebreaker and Swordbreaker-- and archer gets him Bowfaire, Bowbreaker (worst of the breakers), and Accuracy +20. The only other thing I can see as usable is Lifetaker from Dark Knight-- but such a skill wouldn't be worth his while in the first place since he's a weak character anyway.

All in all, he's just a lackluster character with lackluster skills.

1/10 [imo, worst unit in FE: Awakening]

Edited by Raine