Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

4.5/10

For Lunatic he's not half bad, but considering this is based off of his use on hard, his rating is pretty low. He doesn't have the best growths (or at least from what I've speculated of his level ups in my game). He works ok, but I've needed to constantly baby him to make him capable of continuing. Seriously, he dies no matter where I use him, and needs to grind on the easiest maps to keep up. He doesn't miss ever though, so I suppose that's a plus. Also his worth as a father is pretty good, the Kjelle and Gerome he's produced worked nicely for me. Didnt pass down any great skills for them though...

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Must I do everything?"

Yeah, no. Imagine Wil from FE7 cut and paste straight into this game: stuck with an Iron Bow for what seems an eternity, no fliers to take out most of the time, and nothing resembling stats to work with. I'm giving him half a point for supporting Freddy well.

0.5/10

Sorry Ruffles.

Let's see:

Bowlock, awful speed and durability, only one good class option even with second seal, and to top it off he doesn't provide much as a parent.

The only positives are his nice pair up bonuses for a couple of chapters and the fact that he doesn't actively detriment you in chapters he's forced onto.

2/10

+1 bias for his history. I like Virion's character and problems in Rosanne - it's a crying shame he's so hopeless.

Pros

Good growths

Pretty good Pair Up bonuses

Starts with an Iron Bow

Well... Uhm... He turned out good... for me?

Cons

Pretty bad base stats

Usual archer thing

Not many flying units in early game...

... And the fews are Wyverns, so Wind and Magic in general do fine for them.

It turns out it's actually a nice guy support-wise, that really clashes with his womanizer attitude. I suppose IS really needs to put such an archetype in every FE game, no matter what (doesn't count for score)

He's one of my mains, he's a shaky start but his growths SHOULD compensate it. Yeah, only SHOULD. Plus magic is the best 2-rng weapon here. It turned out great in my game, but it's still an archer.

5/10, 6 with bias because he proved in my cartridge that he can turn out good.

Bows are excessively nerfed due to the abundance of throwing weapons and sparkly tomes still have their own major props so Virion is already at a disadvantage as it is

Wyvern Rider is a decent class for him to be with; helps you save him if the RNG screwed over your strength a little

Unfortunately he doesn't help much other than that, and besides, Noire can potentially be a better Sniper

The only thing I really like about Virion is his superbly high skill which has a high growth, resulting in some nice crit frequency from him (I gave him a Killer Bow and he wrecked very nicely), so if you manage to get his speed... uh, up to speed, he's ok.

it's a shame he doesn't have any skills that rely on his skill AT ALL

4/10

Poor Virion.

"Nooo..."

Pros:

A couple of decent reclass options.

Strength growth is nice!

Dat hair.

Early join time.

Good support pool.

Cons:

Bows. Why did it have to be bows! negativeman-55f.png

Bases are emot-gonk.gif

Wants a reclass ASAP.

Early game smells.

Its no secret i love me some Virion. He is my favorite. But even i know that he is a real pain in the fanny early game. Like totes. The reason he always ends up as a thing of true beauty on my runs is due to favoritism in the worst way. My runs include him having dibs on the first Second Seal from Renown. But thats me. And only me.

But his reclass options arent terribad. Wyvern Rider is probably the route most people will go when using him. He makes a fine one too with dat strength. Mage is a bit too squishy for him to start with, but a later reclass to Dark Knight (for Lifetaker) is not bad. Gives him better defense than mage or Sage would. He also can S support with any first gen lady. Thats kinda cool. Best father for Gerome because dat hair!!

Truth be told, bows smell. REALLY BAD! Bowlock is the worst especially when you want some Enemy Phase which you do. Having to wait for level 10 to reclass can be a really painful and some peeps just arent gonna bother. Even as a Sniper, Virion doesnt keep up with the team and Bow Knight sucks too. His bases hinder him too as his speed base is poop and will only see doubling if with a speed partner. Virion is gonna lose the fight for the first Second Seal too. Avatar may want it, Panne may want it, a lot of people may want it. Its a sad story.

5/10. Im sorry, i cant rate him lower than that. Hes my baby daddy husbando. Ive made Virion rock people's smallclothes many times in my runs. But it requires work. A lot of work.

8/10 Dread Fighter Virion with Lifetaker. luuuuulz. :P:

Edited by Florina Stark

You know, speaking of dread fighters-- I haven't seen a great dread fighter build yet. I mean, they have awesome weapon choices-- don't get me wrong. Their stat caps, though, just don't live up to the tier II options. I suppose this doesn't matter if you don't max your units... but Aggressor is just such a phat skill~<3

[has Aggressor on my Grandmaster for 100 attack with str/mag

Im unaware of what would make for a truly spectacular Dread Fighter build. Aggressor is pretty badass. Id imagine Ignis, Aggressor, Sol, Limit Breaker, and maybe Galeforce would be neat. Maybe a 'fare skill too?

Im unaware of what would make for a truly spectacular Dread Fighter build. Aggressor is pretty badass. Id imagine Ignis, Aggressor, Sol, Limit Breaker, and maybe Galeforce would be neat. Maybe a 'fare skill too?

Lack of Pavise is sad :(

Bow locked, subpar bases, underwhelming growths, everybody knows this story blah blah blah.

If you actually invest in him then he's not that bad, but the investment is huge and the return is not that great.

3/10

Edited by PK Gaming

3/10.

Virion is alright, he doesn't have to fear taking counterattacks most of the time and has his own personal pool of weaponry before anyone promotes/reclasses or Basilio joins(Who's another joke in himself). His bases are to be desired, and having no 1-range in a game mostly about Enemy Phase is bad. His reclass options aren't that fantastic, but Wyvern Rider is good enough for him.

Edited by 春閣下

the Archest of Archers.....is unfortunately a terrible unit, given his awful speed and bowlock

i give him a 2/10, however since Virion is amazing elsewhere, that'll be a 3/10 with bias

it's a shame more enemies won't die with magnificence

Day 7 begin.

The green cab stahl. Remember how I hated sully well I love stahl one of my favorites.

Pros:

Defense and strength

Mount

Similar bases

Better growths

Cons:

Shitty class set

All in all he's one of the best units in the game. A Kellam double and a defense tonic and nothing but mages can hurt him.

9.5/10 and a bias for 10/10

Day 7 begin.

The green cab stahl. Remember how I hated sully well I love stahl one of my favorites.

Pros:

Defense and strength

Mount

Similar bases

Better growths

Cons:

Shitty class set

All in all he's one of the best units in the game. A Kellam double and a defense tonic and nothing but mages can hurt him.

9.5/10 and a bias for 10/10

Yet again Randa has phrased things perfectly.

Pros

Good growths and great bases for when he joins: basically a half Kellam on a horse, very appreciated.

Invaluable in early game.

Cons

Speed can get screwed by various amounts.

He left his resistance with Vaike's axe.

A great asset at the start, can turn good as both Paladin and Great Knight. However, he should never be used as an anti-mage, he takes to much damage and doesn't dodge very well. IMO he performs better as GK.

8/10, 9/10 with bias because early game. A pity his personality is mediocre.

Pros

+Good Strength and Defense bases

+Versatile unit

Cons

-Liable to get SPD screwed

-The Cavalier tree is his only real option, unless having a bow seems appealing.

When it comes to Stahl, what you see is what you get. Great STR and DEF even at base, but mediocre SPD. How he grows will depend on whether he should be taken to endgame or not. If his speed really gets screwed, you can fix it with a quick reclass to Myrmidon, while getting some pretty decent skills (Avo+10 is nice). Otherwise you'll have to rely on SPD tonics and a promote to Paladin to get that stat to desirable levels. If he isn't SPD screwed though, he's definitely one of your best units, and can be used in any situation that doesn't involve Mages. A Sully or Cordelia pairing works wonders for him, but overloading him with a +DEF pairing makes him one of your best tank units.

8/10. Not as reliable as Sully due to SPD problems, but is pretty amazing when that isn't a problem.

7/10

Stahl is not so good: Bad class setup, lopsided stats, terrible resistance and terrible speed. And StahlxKellam is just overkill physical durability (It doesn’t solve any of their problems: attack speed and mages!)

Stahl you're my bro and you're just totally and awesomely cool.

Exists for the entire game except for the premonition and the first two chapters, but he still has awesome availability. His STR and DEF will go up really fast, and his other stats won't fall behind (except MAG and maybe RES, but most tend to have bad RES). Unfortunately, there is a stat that will hurt his performance, which is SPD. 50% growth isn't too reliable when his base isn't that great. Pair Ups mend his SPD, but you want him to gain SPD as much as he can. If he does, he's an absolute monster.

Also, his class set isn't too good. I wish he had wyvern rider instead of archer.

And...what the hell, I'll give this guy bias for being amazing SPD blessed in one of my harder playthroughs and just being an all-around Nice Guy and being the character I can relate to the most.

8/10, +.5 bias, 8.5/10

7/10

Stahl is not so good: Bad class setup, lopsided stats, terrible resistance and terrible speed. And StahlxKellam is just overkill physical durability (It doesn’t solve any of their problems: attack speed and mages!)

I'm sorry you've confused me with this post... could you answer a few questions in the discussion thread?

Stahl you're my bro and you're just totally and awesomely cool.

Exists for the entire game except for the premonition and the first two chapters, but he still has awesome availability. His STR and DEF will go up really fast, and his other stats won't fall behind (except MAG and maybe RES, but most tend to have bad RES). Unfortunately, there is a stat that will hurt his performance, which is SPD. 50% growth isn't too reliable when his base isn't that great. Pair Ups mend his SPD, but you want him to gain SPD as much as he can. If he does, he's an absolute monster.

Also, his class set isn't too good. I wish he had wyvern rider instead of archer.

And...what the hell, I'll give this guy bias for being amazing SPD blessed in one of my harder playthroughs and just being an all-around Nice Guy and being the character I can relate to the most.

8/10, +.5 bias, 8.5/10

Hey ZM! Nice rating here!

You checked my latest update yet?

Stahl is the Cav who actually likes to get stats for me.

Huge avaliability lead over most of the cast, along with basically making Kellam look like a chump, as far as tanking goes. His strength and defense go up really quickly, and he just snowballs into 2HKOing and tanking almost anything physical. His shoddy speed base hurts him a little, but his growth isn't awful. Stahl actually knows what he wants to do with his stats, unlike a certain other cav. Early killers kind of help him get going faster too, thanks to reaching them really early with Discipline. Bad class set aside, the guy doesn't really need anything but Cav to perform well.

8/10, so with a bias point thrown in there, 9/10.

Stahl has always been one of my favorites:

Pros:

+Great strength and defense growth

+Mount

+Early unit with Discipline

Cons:

-Res has much more to be desired

-Needs to eat a speedwing every now and then

-Not much reclass options

Stahl's been blessed in the majority of my playthroughts, making him one of my best characters as a great knight.

His defense rivals Kellam's, making the latter a bit unnecessary, and also comes on a mount.

Only problem I have with him is that his reclass options arn't great, but the Paladin>Great Knight route covers him pretty well.

8.5 with a point of bias for a 9.5.

Edited by Melonhead

Stahl is kind of like Frederick but without the whole dropping off thing. His strength and defence are great. His speed however isn't very good, but that can be remedied fairly easily via 50% speed growth kicking in, pair up, or tonics. Once he can double, there aren't many things he'll have trouble with aside from mages. His class set isn't very good, but the Cavalier class tree is all he needs.

And of course Cavalier class tree means Paladin, which is great.

8/10