RTU discussion thread

Randa

How much little work does Nowi need?

Apparently 5 levels in Ch.8 is little work, considering she gets 2HKOed in that map. ABOOSE ABOOSE ABOOSE

Nope, she's not one shotting.

The first enemies NOWAI oneshots is the Ch.12 Thwomps because she doubles them. She lacks the 39 attack to be able to OHKO every enemy until then.

She needs 16 speed to have a shot at doubling most of the enemies in Ch.9, Ch.10, Ch.11 and Paralogue 4. This equates to +11 speed to come from: Tonics (+2), Support (+4) and levels (the rest, so +5).

I'm totally cool with you giving her points because you like her, but giving her a 10/10 just to balance out other peoples votes is a) terrible reason) and b) reeks of bias.

I'm not even going to answer this first line.

HAHAHAHA. That was a funny joke man, she's getting 1-2 levels I've never said anything different. This "5 levels" bs is all you.

Funny because I said she can if she gets good dual attacks. Then again you already destroyed your post so I guess ignoring everything that helps Nowi makes perfect sense.

<_< this is stupid, I said she can with good dual attacks.

Interesting, I never said she would be doubling. Funnily enough you seem to think I said that, Lon'qu gives +5 before supports and without procs btw so saying +4 universally is stupid.

Giving her a 0/10 a) is stupid b) reeks of bias.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would've thought that people could become so worked up over other people's opinions on a video game?

(this is a none-too-subtle hint to EVERYONE to keep it civil)

Who would've thought that people could become so worked up over other people's opinions on a video game?

(this is a none-too-subtle hint to EVERYONE to keep it civil)

I was willing to keep it civil until she/he called me biased and put words in my mouth... I dislike it when people do that but wtv.

Also I like how this thread only ever seems to move when I'm posting in it... good to know you all find my views disagreeable >_>

Am I the only one who thinks Nowi is a great unit (unless you're talking about her design and personality)?

Her starting stats aren't so abysmal that you get screwed over, and she can actually handle herself while getting back to your group in her join chapter. Her growth rates are great like Panne's, barring one stat; Speed, though arguably more important than Panne's screwed strength.

When both are reclassed to Wyvern Riders, they become insanely powerful, have stupidly fast growth rates and are great in every stat barring magic and resistance. It could be argued that Panne has more availibity for the second seal, but training her early on is as hard as traing Nowi early due to her bullshit defense and attack until she reaches level 10 to use the second seal. Nowi's class, Manakete, is also better than Taguel in most regards (aka holy shit that strength and defense at higher levels).

I've just found Nowi to be more useful than Panne in general, in most of my playthroughs.

Am I the only one who thinks Nowi is a great unit (unless you're talking about her design and personality)?

I've just found Nowi to be more useful than Panne in general, in most of my playthroughs.

<_< could you back up and read? lol

Me too.

I was willing to keep it civil until she/he called me biased and put words in my mouth... I dislike it when people do that but wtv.

Also I like how this thread only ever seems to move when I'm posting in it... good to know you all find my views disagreeable >_>

Then be the bigger person and KEEP it civil.

Ahem. . .

My problem with Nowi is her stunning lack of Speed. If she can get on the better half of her Speed growth, she's hilariously good. Otherwise, I have to feed her kills, and that's not something I really like doing.

Then be the bigger person and KEEP it civil.

Ahem. . .

My problem with Nowi is her stunning lack of Speed. If she can get on the better half of her Speed growth, she's hilariously good. Otherwise, I have to feed her kills, and that's not something I really like doing.

Understandable. I've always been on the good part I guess. It's just that 0-2 is a lot lower than I can comprehend people giving her.

Panne isn't screwed in strength. Her growth is 70ish as Wyvern Rider and a lot as Taguel. She also has 50 defense growth and one of the best bases of the game so, no. Look at Nowai's growth in spd again, it's 50. Ricken gets a lot of flack for his 50 spd growth earlier in the game, then so should Nowai. I consider Tiki the better unit to be honest, because I don't have to put with babying her and she seems to get a lot more spd (on top of having a better base) and she comes just in time for when you would want durability in EP (20 and 23). In my efficiency run, I ended up benching Nowai once I got tiki because she was doubled and ORKO'd. Hardly invincible. Instead of being doubled and ORKO'd, a Say'ri pair up had Tiki DOUBLING swordmasters in C21.

Edited by Peekayell

Panne isn't screwed in strength. Her growth is 70ish as Wyvern Rider and a lot as Taguel. She also has 50 defense growth and one of the best bases of the game so, no. Look at Nowai's growth in spd again, it's 50. Ricken gets a lot of flack for his 50 spd growth earlier in the game, then so should Nowai. I consider Tiki the better unit to be honest, because I don't have to put with babying her and she seems to get a lot more spd (on top of having a better base) and she comes just in time for when you would want durability in EP (20 and 23). In my efficiency run, I ended up benching Nowai once I got tiki because she was doubled and ORKO'd. Hardly invincible. Instead of being doubled and ORKO'd, a Say'ri pair up had Tiki DOUBLING swordmasters in C21.

Seeing as a 50% growth is the most likely to be blessed/screwed, I can believe the being doubled thing, but with 120% in HP and 65% (or thereabouts) in DEF, her being ORKOd sounds like terrible, terrible luck. At level ~20 (which would be sandbagging her, most likely), she should have ~40 HP and ~26 DEF, assuming that she isn't paired up. Tiki has 44 HP and 30 DEF, so Tiki should be 2-3RKOd if an average Nowi is 2HKOd. Also, Nowi has 15-16 SPD at level 20 (again, without a pairup) while Tiki has 23. Since Tiki doubles everything upon joining but Walhart with a Say'ri pairup, and there is only a 7-8 point gap in their SPD values on average, Nowi should be doubled by nothing except maybe Walhart with a speed boosting pairup. I don't have enemy stats on hand, so i can't say for sure how they do, but Now *shoudln't* be doubled and certainly should not be 2HKOd, even if she is underleveled.

Mine was Level 26 and Tiki tied her def and beat her in everything else Nowai also had 13 spd. Which even a tonic, pair up and rally spectrum and whatever wouldnt fix. So I benched her in favor of her superior counterpart. It's not like I sandbagged her or anything (interceptor might say I gave Miriel her lunch in Paralogue 3 though but lol), I gave her kills every chapter and even deployed her for a good while to see what she can do. She never impressed me. IIRC Horace told me that my Nowai's def was actually above average for her level at some point.

EDIT: Tiki's most common level in that log was also hp+2 spd def res, which made her roflstomp Nowai even more.

Edited by Peekayell

Mine was Level 26 and Tiki tied her def and beat her in everything else Nowai also had 13 spd. Which even a tonic, pair up and rally spectrum and whatever wouldnt fix. So I benched her in favor of her superior counterpart. It's not like I sandbagged her or anything (interceptor might say I gave Miriel her lunch in Paralogue 3 though but lol), I gave her kills every chapter and even deployed her for a good while to see what she can do. She never impressed me. IIRC Horace told me that my Nowai's def was actually above average for her level at some point.

EDIT: Tiki's most common level in that log was also hp+2 spd def res, which made her roflstomp Nowai even more.

A: 13 spd before the dragonstone? Even if that's with a dragonstone(+), 13 spd+tonic+rally spectrum already puts her at 19 SPD, so a +2 SPD pairup should stop her from being doubled by anything, since Tiki's 30 SPD doubles everything.

B: If Nowi was 2HKOd with the same DEF as Tiki, then Tiki was no better than 3RKOd, which still isn't very impressive and sounds worse than I remember...

Edit: In any case, my problem is more with people being all "wahhh bad bases 1/10" when Donnel pulled out 1.78 average despite needing something like a Fred pairup to not be ORKOd.

Edited by Rewjeo

Tiki got some levels before C21, remember? Swordmaster speed is 33 iirc. So she had quite a few procs. Nowai couldnt keep up and was worse in everything so why bother to keep deploying her when i had tiki? Nowai was only ORKO'd by the berserkers if I had deployed her with no spd tonic iirc, not the swordmasters,

Edited by Peekayell

I might be just me, but I never liked Tiki. Her new design looks too pandering.

I agree about her new design. Put those tits away Tiki, they don't suit your character.

Also, I thought we weren't supposed to compare units in this.

It's not mostly because she got screwed. It's all the effort I put into her to have to bench her eventually. I went into the tier list efficiency run thinking Nowai was overrated and she kinda proved it to me. In fact, Miriel was a better tank than her and you know how good I consider Miriel to be...

It's not mostly because she got screwed. It's all the effort I put into her to have to bench her eventually. I went into the tier list efficiency run thinking Nowai was overrated and she kinda proved it to me. In fact, Miriel was a better tank than her and you know how good I consider Miriel to be...

Still that sounds beyond extremely screwed. When you get a character who's stats are that much lower than others have reported you can't really base your view on that character. If I did that then Sully would have gotten liek a 3/10 or something.

Hint: It's not just me that has had a screwed Nowai.

EDIT: So she's only good if she's at her average spd or blessed? Hmm...sounds unreliable

EDIT 2: She wasn't screwed ALL game. She had a good start, but she was still too slow to double things in C12, which hurt her exp gain there.

Edited by Peekayell

Hint: It's not just me that has had a screwed Nowai.

EDIT: So she's only good if she's at her average spd or blessed? Hmm...sounds unreliable

I didn't say it was just you. Most people tend to get good Nowi's and the site growths look very good in her case.

When did I say that. Who she supports affects it more. Lon'qu can give her something like 8 speed extremely easily. Also Having 8 procs after... what 23 levels? is pretty bad against a 50% growth, you should have had that after like 16 levels and had 3-4 more procs.(I would say she probably should have been a higher level but wtv). You also got pretty bad defense which leaves you with a terrible Nowi experience.

Edited by bearclaw13