RTU discussion thread

Randa

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chapter 12 cavaliers have 23-24 attack with steel swords, 24-25 attack with lances, and the armours have 26-27 attack with steel lances, and 20-21 with javelins (including the weapon rank bonuses), and if I'm right here, don't gain any more due to wta since you need B rank for that.

Cherche has 31hp/16 def, so its 4-5HKO'd by cavs (depending on statrolls and weapon) and armours actually have a shot at 3hko'ing her, but it's likely a 4hko. Javelins don't really matter.

The paladins have like 31-32 attack, so its a boarderline 2hko or a very sad Cherche with 1HP. They have 16-17 speed, but it's safe to assume she's getting at least one speed from pairup to avoid getting doubled.

Thats all withough pairup mind you.

I should really finish getting the enemy stats...

Horace, you're the best~! After doing a bit of checking, the pair-up that'll give Cherche a decent spread of stats is. . .Mercenary. Gregor. It'll give her more than enough Speed to avoid being doubled, and she gets a bit of Defense off of it, which ups her durability to 31/18 (assuming I read the pair up bonuses right), which doesn't change much except for the lance cavaliers, at full power, become a solid 5HKO. Armors are forced to 4HKO, and the Silver guys can no longer guarantee a 2HKO. Stahl/Frederick can also provide a good chunk of beefiness for slightly less Speed.

Anyway, screw those Armors. They were the ones that kept killing Cherche for no reason. :(:

It's not because of bias. Nowai has 5 spd base and 50 growth and no promo gain on it. Gregor also deserves it because he has no viable way of ORKO'ing enemies and thus get exp. Cherche is in another league, dont even compare.

I first started complaining with Stahl and Vaike, and haven't let up since.

Edited by eclipse

And Stahl likes use of the Renown speedwings, if we consider use of it.

I was just throwing that out there, since Stahl and Vaike can get SPD screwed as easily as they can get SPD blessed.

I was just throwing that out there, since Stahl and Vaike can get SPD screwed as easily as they can get SPD blessed.

Cherche has the same problem.

As does Nowi and everyone seemed to be assuming she was screwed in their rankings of her.

I was kidding. :P

He may have been kidding, but I wasn't.

PKL, unless you're saying eclipse's rating (and anyone else who took similar issues with her) is wrong, then what exactly is the problem?

Edited by Sangyul

I don't understand your concern about high variance, eclipse. If my math is right, the variance for a 60% growth is 0.24, and the variance for a 50% growth is 0.25. Not really a big difference, imo.

I think the only competitive character for whom Speed is a problem is Nowi, though her problem is mitigated if she gets enough P4 kills. With a C-support from Cordelia and *no* Spd Tonic, after 16 gained level-ups Stahl (and Vaike) has a 77.28% of doubling the Cavs in C12. A Spd Tonic pushes this higher, and if worse comes to worst, Stahl can just cross his fingers for a good level-up during the enemy phase.

Edited by Redwall

I don't understand your concern about high variance, eclipse. If my math is right, the variance for a 60% growth is 0.24, and the variance for a 50% growth is 0.25. Not really a big difference, imo.

I think the only competitive character for whom Speed is a problem is Nowi, though her problem is mitigated if she gets enough P4 kills. With a C-support from Cordelia and *no* Spd Tonic, after 16 gained level-ups Stahl (and Vaike) has a 77.28% of doubling the Cavs in C12. A Spd Tonic pushes this higher, and if worse comes to worst, Stahl can just cross his fingers for a good level-up during the enemy phase.

It's because it's up to a coin flip, and Awakening flippin' hates me in that regard. It's a personal dislike of mine, which is why it reflects in my ratings. RTU is opinion-based, so my opinions will draw off of things like "how often did I have to reset because someone died to something stupid" and "how often was this character pushed down to low priority because their growths didn't kick in".

Anyone can explain how Sumia x Henry compares to Sumia x Chrom and Sumia x Fred if she want to uses Magic? In my experience, Sumia does nice enough damage before her hubby(mainly Chrom) doestheirs, and this is usually enough to get a kill.

IMO Caster Sumia x Henry is less efficient than Fred and Chrom because both of them can play with several killer weapons, Silvers etc. This is particularly useful for Yarne's paralogue general route, because Sumia murdered the Beast Squad with BK Chrom

Also Aether Cynthia is gdlk

Also, how good is Henry with DF Sumia pair?

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

The only real difference is that Sumia will probably just flat out orko without the need for dual attacks, which are probably happening anyway.

SumiaHenry is definately a better pairing for Henry than it is for Sumia though, since upon getting like a B support and a promotion he's pretty much an 8 move 1-2 range orko'ing machine that never dies, although that applies to a large majority of the cast.

The only real difference is that Sumia will probably just flat out orko without the need for dual attacks, which are probably happening anyway.

SumiaHenry is definately a better pairing for Henry than it is for Sumia though, since upon getting like a B support and a promotion he's pretty much an 8 move 1-2 range orko'ing machine that never dies, although that applies to a large majority of the cast.

Seriously, the Dual Strike rate is higher than I expected, whether Sumia was the main unit or the supporting unit of the pair.

Which is incidentally why I love using the pair: Together, they tear shit up!

(Well, there's also the fact that Tharja died on me more than I would have liked during the Valm arc and in the lategame.)

Chrom and Sumia has like.... 90% DS chance when Henry joined last I checked >_>

Henry/Sumia makes up for that by possessing a somewhat high Dual Strike chance anyways. Henry's and Sumia's high Skill goes a long way to make the pair-up viable for Valm (and once you're finished with Valm, they should have caught up a bit, Support-wise). Not to mention that once you get B Support, the chances of a Dual Strike proc rate begins to favor you.

That, and Chrom's Dual Strike+ skill means he gets a little bit more freedom regarding who he pairs up with.

Isn;t Henry's skill actually.... uhhh.... low?

15 Skill at base + 60% Skill growth rate means he'll proc skill more often than not, and get it well above 30 Skill on average. Furthermore, no Support Henry/Sumia with Sumia recently promoted to Dark Flier has around 30% Dual Strike proc rate on average, and that is a decent proc base to build and improve upon at that point in time if your Henry is seeing a fair amount of combat.

EDIT: Oops! Miscalculated a bit. Still, my point stands.

Edited by Folt