RTU discussion thread

Randa

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the children's bases are as important as their skill set. They're all perfectly trainable. The issue is incentive. Do I want three Galeforce users, or six? Lucina and Morgan more than suffice most of the time, but it wouldn't hurt to nab Cynthia too, if you had room.

If you were to be lazy with the parents, the Children would have to rely on their base stats. THEN they'd be worse than Donnel.

But just using their parents helps enough with recruiting them as it is. Their base stats will then become somewhat decently reliable, especially if the parents join earlier in the game, due to the formula. For example, this makes Sumia a great parent if you've used her. Presto, if you're not completely unlucky with her, Cynthia, for example, would most likely double the slower units on her join chapter and move around at a fast pace.

The reason why most of them won't reach high, though, is because of their level when they join. Children are similar to Donnel in the fact that the best way to bring them up to speed is grinding; something that an efficiency playthrough doesn't like. However, efficiency isn't all about turncount. In fact, that's hardly anything to do with it. It's easy enough to just go to a Risen encounter on the map and knock them out once or twice. Pair ups also help a lot in this regard, since you could be pairing them up with their parents (which is what you really should do), meaning they can rely on their more powerful partner to help them out in a bad spot. That, and if their stats are high enough, you can just chuck a Master Seal at them in an instant and presto, they're already there.

So, to conclude, I think they would be just as good as normal units... were it not for their availibility. Units like Owain and Morgan are great because they either come early, are strong as fuck or perhaps both, because it's up to you when to recruit them. You could recruit the others earlier, but they'd be weaker and harder to train. They could join later, but then they'd have less availibility and would generally contribute less. That, and they still need to be trained a little.

This is ultimately why children like Noire, Inigo and Brady are bad; because all of these problems apply so drastically for them. That, and one's a healer.

I still think Owain's one of the lower of the children. To get him, you have to use a mediocre unit and give her over to a hubby(most men don't really benefit from Lissa's bonuses and effectively wastes a better support they could get with another woman). It doesn't really matter that you can get Owain earlier or not, he doesn't really pay off as much as the other children or even some parents.

Owain really isn't worth more than a 4/10, honestly.

He's pretty much a Lon'qu with better growths and better bases that appears halfway through the game, and Lon'qu didn't even fare that well in the RTU.

We can't rate them based on how we play, due to the rules; we have to rate them based on an efficient playthrough of the game, and while the definition varies to people, the word itself it's still there. Therefore, we can't go around doing masses of grinding to make units like Brady look fantastic.

Rofl

I said who I thought was the best and gave my reason behind it. Quit being an ass.

Also, please direct me to the rule that states "spamming = a strike"

Seriously, it's like you're intentionally trying to turn this into another Fe9/10 rtu by crushing any potential fun there's to be had.

Edited by Constable Reggie

Rofl

I said who I thought was the best and gave my reason behind it. Quit being an ass.

Also, please direct me to the rule that states "spamming = a strike"

Seriously, it's like you're intentionally trying to turn this into another Fe9/10 rtu by crushing any potential fun there's to be had.

Implying I was being serious.

from an outside perspective it looked like you were serious

anyway back on topic Chrom!Kjelle is pretty bro statwise but a lot of duplicate classes is kind of a downer.

I like Deliverer Discipline Kjelly. Sadly, I dont like pairing chrom with sully.