RTU discussion thread

Randa

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I want to look at a shiny Galeforce team, then Sully gets Donnel, because Avatar has other women to attend to, and I want to give someone ELSE Myrmidon and Vantage (like, uh, Gerome)! I like the class set Vaike gives, and Kjelle the Paladin gets some nifty growths from him.

(it's one of my favorite classes for her, mostly because she can ride into everything, whomp stuff, and ride back out. As a bonus, she can inherit something like Wrath and get the Mercenary line for skills that totally conflict with Wrath but who's counting)

Donnel!Sully is the cutest, because her hair match her armour. I think she is also a really great character (because every Donnel's child will have awesome base stats anyway...)

I prefer Vaike!Kjelle above Donnel!Kjelle. Good caps, nice classes, skills that syenergize with each other, and good growth rates... plus nice hair... Vaike!Kjelle's got it all. As far as skipping out on Galeforce goes, I feel that the advantages are worth not having it, so...

It's not based off of efficiency. It's based off of whatever the hell you want it to be.

*reads the rules* huh. I swear I saw that somewhere at some point. It was probably just me being retarded.

But in that case, doesn't that mean you can just grind units forever? That completely defeats the purpose of rating units such as future children and basically leaves everything in the hands of availibility, because that means you can just make the future children stupidly powerful by training their parents before you recruit them.

*reads the rules* huh. I swear I saw that somewhere at some point. It was probably just me being retarded.

But in that case, doesn't that mean you can just grind units forever? That completely defeats the purpose of rating units such as future children and basically leaves everything in the hands of availibility, because that means you can just make the future children stupidly powerful by training their parents before you recruit them.

Rate them however you feel they should be rated~! Whether it be in terms of efficiency, full potential, LTC, or funny gimmicks. I'd prefer that it be consistent, but eh, I think I broke that a couple of times. I'm rating the kids based off of what I can make them do, and how useful I think that will be.

So would this Example Rating be acceptable:

Emmeryn

Falls down early in the game and falls down later, but mai waifu

10/10

No, I didn't count Soul's 10/10 for Libra. Votes like that aren't meant to be taken seriously, so I just ignore them.

Yeah, just rate them how you want. I'm even counting Chiki's 0/10s and if a 10/10 amazing in postgame pops up, I will also count it.

Cynthia is amazing in postgame, 10/10

counts?

rofl at the "Emmeryn falls down twice" joke rating though

Edited by shadykid

I'd like to see the justification of WHY a child deserves a 10/10. If I went by sheer personal experience, Kjelle and Owain would both be rated 10. I know it takes time for the mothers to get up to speed, and the fathers may need to do some work to get the skill I want to pass down. If I take this into account, the kids look like better, but not perfect Gen 1 units.

I was also under the impression we were rating "efficiency" ie main game potential without much grinding if any. Which is not exactly how I personally value units. Would have rated a few people differently if I realized it wasn't limited to that. Ah well what can ya do.

I was also under the impression we were rating "efficiency" ie main game potential without much grinding if any. Which is not exactly how I personally value units. Would have rated a few people differently if I realized it wasn't limited to that. Ah well what can ya do.

This is exactly how it should be.

I'm probably going to be continuing rating it the way I would, because otherwise my ratings would be wholly questionable when compared with each other; so I'm just going to do "mostly efficiency" in all regards, and allow things like training on Risen challenges, like I have before.

For main units, it was contribution to the main game. For children, it is a combination of "what can you do", and "how much of a pain in the ass is it to get you there". For example, a few of the boys can get Galeforce, but it requires reclassing and a bunch of levels, which takes a lot of time.

For main units, it was contribution to the main game. For children, it is a combination of "what can you do", and "how much of a pain in the ass is it to get you there". For example, a few of the boys can get Galeforce, but it requires reclassing and a bunch of levels, which takes a lot of time.

*except male Morgan