RTU discussion thread

Randa

I can see the 10/10 from Zeem coming from a mile away.

Anyway, how is Laurent comparable to Ricken? 3.96 vs 4.02 says they're comparable. I don't agree with that.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galeforce requires a minimum of 10/15. No matter how you cut it, that's a good chunk of experience!

Still, we're talking about the child of a unit who's never wanting for experience. In my current run, Fem Ava received Galeforce right on Ch. 13, which turned Morgan's chapter into a one-pair massacre, featuring Lucina.

I can see the 10/10 from Zeem coming from a mile away.

Anyway, how is Laurent comparable to Ricken? 3.96 vs 4.02 says they're comparable. I don't agree with that.

Apparently, not everyone agrees with you. Laurent does get Dark Mage for free, which is more than what Ricken's class set can say.

EDIT: Forgot something.

Oh, goodness, Sumia's support list is even worse than I remember. Chrom and Gaius give her nothing, Henry is late (working on it now, in fact), Frederick is heavily contested, but still godly, and her best overall support is female (SullyxSumia were my dynamic duo until Henry showed up). Getting a good father for Cynthia really IS a pain.

Here's what she can get out of her fathers (unique stuff only; for example, Gaius/Henry both have the thief line, and Chrom/Frederick both have Cavalier):

Chrom - Aether and Bowbreaker

Frederick - Another flying option

Gaius - Vantage and Sol/Counter (I'd go with the former)

Henry - Dark Mage and Wrath

Sumia by herself has a pretty stinky class set.

Edited by eclipse

You misunderstand; Chrom and Gaius's Pair Up bonuses are useless for Sumia. She gets five potential husbands, but the only two who give her the stats she needs (particularly defense) are Freddy and Henry.

Edited by Inference

Sumia by herself has a pretty stinky class set.

She gets Luna, Dual Guard+, Galeforce, and Dark Flier all by herself

If theres anyone who can claim to have the best Gen 1 Class, for Apotheosis, its Sumia

Also Fighter!Gaius

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Cavalier Chrom is actually very good for Sumia

That still leaves you with six solid chapters of Lord Chrom, and when I get to that first Seal, I'm definitely not thinking about Chrom. More specifically, Panne, Sully, and Avatar take higher priority for Seal usage. FemAva should always get the first Seal, IMO.

She gets Luna, Dual Guard+, Galeforce, and Dark Flier all by herself

If theres anyone who can claim to have the best Gen 1 Class, for Apotheosis, its Sumia

Also Fighter!Gaius

Huh? I think Chrom has a pretty good claim to it (replace Galeforce with Rightful King, and add Dual Strike+). I heard that the Apotheosis enemies have Lunatic+ skills, so I'm not sure if Cordelia with dual Breakers would be any good.

Generally the preffered skillset is something like...

Luna/Ignis

Galeforce

Limit Breaker

something

something

As a Dark Flier/Sage

Sumia already has Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Luna, Dual Guard+, and AS+2(to double Anna with a Paladin Pair Up) or Tomefaire(more damage)

And she can reclass into Sage, should you need an offense with Rescue Staff access

Consider this:

- a lot of children(ex. Morgan and Noire) runs simmilar skillset, and no other gen 1 has access to GF, DG+, and a reliable offensive proc other than Sumia and FE!MU

- from what I know, everyone considered Galeforce - Sage and Dark Flier as the best way to tackle DLC and Apotheosis.

Put simply, I really don't see how exactly Sumia is terrible when she have every skills that every child ever want and use(including Morgan who has access to every skill in the game).

From this alone, Sumia is clearly the best gen 1(I want to say by far, but Cordelia fanboys who does not exist in SF will send death threats.)

The morale of the story is, Knight does not suck because Great Knight is OP

wait

But then again, min maxing is lol, so back to the topic

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Huh? I think Chrom has a pretty good claim to it (replace Galeforce with Rightful King, and add Dual Strike+). I heard that the Apotheosis enemies have Lunatic+ skills, so I'm not sure if Cordelia with dual Breakers would be any good.

nah, Sumia probably does have the best gen 1 skillset (aside from Avatar) for postgame

Chrom does, however, make a fantastic support bot with Dual Attack+/Dual Guard+, and equipping Aggressor and a faire skill in the back

He gets the Cavalier line, which is probably better than mostly anything Donnel can do.

Brady is lol, even at Rescue. He had Donnel for a father on my run and still didn't turn out well. Wtf.

My Noire has Donnel as a father, and she's pretty bad. I'd rather give Donnel to someone that has a daughter, because Pegasus Knight is vastly superior to Villager.

On a personal experience note, I made a Brady with Chrom as the father, he's a wrecking ball, and he didn't take that long to get there; Second Seals, use them!

Edited by eclipse

Wow Intelligent Systems. Brady's growths suck more than I thought.

76 33 48 53 51 65 26

This is with Lon'qu as a dad. That's pretty much his highest spd growth.

With Chrom its 48. He has the worst personal bases of any other kid, his mother sucks at stats not mag lck res and his staff rank is even worse than every other kid's C rank in actual weapons. I may have been too generous with 0.5/10.

Like seriously, even reclassing him will only yield a unit with terrible growths and bases that. Promoting him will make a Mediocre Sage/War Cleric.