The Next Ylisse game

Jotari

So all games have had a follow up game of some sort, except for The Sacred Stones (and kind of Gadin I suppose). So the chances are we'll get another game set in Ylisee and Valm. However Fire Emblem rarely goes out of it's way by doing a direct sequel. We could see a prequel like Fe7 (like something explaining Chrom's mad father) an interequel like Fe5 (interequel, is that the right term?) or even given the nature of this story, a game set in an alternate timeline. So what would you like to see from the next Ylisee game? Both in terms of story, gameplay and anything else you might think of. Do you even want to see another game set in this world?

And I am aware that Awakening takes place on the same continents as the first three games so even if another game is not made it still has more in it's pocket than The Sacred Stones. Regardless let's have some harmless speculation on what will happen next.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think playing as Chroms dad the villain with a very political story would be really cool, but it would be more likely to have a group people opposing the invasion.

I think for an alternate timeline it would be great to have a game based on lucina and the other kids with a data transfer from fe13 to determine growths, base stats, and class sets (for base stats not with the current system, for skills they would need a new system as well)

Can I edit the title of this thread? It should be The Next Ylisee game instead of just The Next Ylisee (which gives very little indication of what it's about).

(Yeah, if you hit Edit on the bottom right and THEN hit Use Full Editor, you can change the title)

Personally, I kinda doubt we'll see FE14 set in Ylisse. But I guess something historical, like the first Exalt or whatever could be good for tying up loose ends? If there was a sequel, I honestly wouldn't want it to be immediately after the fact (as in Elibe (backwards) and Tellius) because I mean that would mean they'd more or less have to make a canon setup and ending for FE13.

Edited by 47948201

I think an alternate timeline would be awesome... and actually have your plot choices matter rather than that weak "yes/no" oh, wait, it's the same story irregardless! *facepalms

Can I edit the title of this thread? It should be The Next Ylisee game instead of just The Next Ylisee (which gives very little indication of what it's about).

It's spelled Ylisse, though, not Ylisee. ...Unless Ylisee is the European name? If so, I have to admit I find it silly. ._.

And honestly, as awesome as Awakening is, I don't want another game set in Marth's world. It's been milked quite enough. We've had three games in a row for it already in addition to the first five.

Edited by Anacybele

It's spelled Ylisse, though, not Ylisee. ...Unless Ylisee is the European name? If so, I have to admit I find it silly. ._.

And honestly, as awesome as Awakening is, I don't want another game set in Marth's world. It's been milked quite enough. We've had three games in a row for it already in addition to the first five.

It's Ylisse, yes.

Since it's the game who made them famous again I would expect them to makes a new game in the same universe.

And Fire Emblem : The Musical : Aux Champs Ylisee really sounds great.

No, you disgusting pig gaijins, it's spelled "Iris".

I would honestly prefer if they made a completely new Fire Emblem than exploring the roots of Awakening. I mean, the whole scouring roots idea ever since FE6 and FE7 came out was like... beaten to death by fans.

However, the whole Future of Despair/Future Past alternate timeline scenario would be interesting... but then you'd run the risk of the whole waifu/husbando war unless they keep their default freaking hair colors that most of them get from their mothers. And again, though, to actually make this practical, they'd have to introduce other characters we'd have to care about... and FoD 3 pretty much had the main cast only as the children. As a sidestory as DLC for Awakening, that is amazing... but as a full on game... they'd have to pull some other stuff to make it good as well.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It's Ylisse, yes.

Since it's the game who made them famous again I would expect them to makes a new game in the same universe.

I wouldn't. I just said, we just HAD three games in the same universe in addition to the first five. Marth's world at least needs a damn break. I want something COMPLETELY NEW next. New universe, new characters, new everything.

Edited by Anacybele

Future Past DLC was incredible and if it was a full game I would pay at least $200 for it.

However, the whole Future of Despair/Future Past alternate timeline scenario would be interesting... but then you'd run the risk of the whole waifu/husbando war unless they keep their default freaking hair colors that most of them get from their mothers. And again, though, to actually make this practical, they'd have to introduce other characters we'd have to care about... and FoD 3 pretty much had the main cast only as the children. As a sidestory as DLC for Awakening, that is amazing... but as a full on game... they'd have to pull some other stuff to make it good as well.

These two posts summed up my thoughts.

I wouldn't. I just said, we just HAD three games in the same universe in addition to the first five. Marth's world at least needs a damn break. I want something COMPLETELY NEW next. New universe, new characters, new everything.

I'mpretty indifferent actually. Even if it's in the same continent, the world is different enough to makes it interresting in its own right (kinda like Gaiden compared to the original FE). I can see them trying to press on Awakening's success is all I said.

If it's in the same place, I would like to see the game focus more on Valm, Or Plegia or Ferox, instead.

It still had characters from Marth's time (like Tiki) and Marth had a lot of mentions and three different playable versions as well as a character disguise. I'm just sick of Marth is all. I get that he's like the mascot and everything, but even he and his world need a break sometimes.

In fact, Ylisse not being a whole new universe and Marth yet again getting a lot of attention is probably why Awakening doesn't surpass or equal RD on my favorites list.

Edited by Anacybele

I'd feel incredibly dirty playing a game focusing on Chrom's mad father-- if told from the Plegian side. I know they tried to make Chrom's father look like the bad guy in that scenario, but you catch on, they give a good reason for his actions as well: He was out to kill the Grimleal. And face it, there's no excuse for the Grimleal. They're like the FE-equivalent of Warcraft's Twilight Cult, except dumber. They're worthy of death. If I'm stuck playing a Plegia, I'm going for a "Suspect Mind" finish, where everyone "Died in Chapter X".

Jugdral was not "Marth's world". Separate continent and all that jazz. Actually play the patched games and you'll see: No mention of Marth or Archanea or anything of that sort.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

IIRC, Loptyr is from Archanea. (so are Naga, Holsety, Salamander etc.) It's also where Galle(wtf is his name again?) went and got blessed by Lopty for his powers and stuff.

Unless I'm remembering something wrong, if so ignore my blathering XD

Edited by L95

That's all word of god. In terms of everything that is actually important, the narrative the characters, the relics, the shape of the world it's all completely different. If your saying Jugdral is part of Marth's world you might as well say all the games take place in the same world since that's what Awakening outright states. Similarly Awakening only shares the basic landscape with Akaneia. In terms of characters and story it is an original work (well it's the same Fire Emblem but it's used for a completely different purpose).

No, Awakening states the exact opposite. You travel to another world when you go do DLC maps in the Outrealm Gate and it's said that Ike traveled through the gate between worlds as well. There's also a conversation between Frederick and Celica in Champions of Yore 1 (I believe it's this map) where they talk about their different worlds.

No, Awakening states the exact opposite. You travel to another world when you go do DLC maps in the Outrealm Gate and it's said that Ike traveled through the gate between worlds as well. There's also a conversation between Frederick and Celica in Champions of Yore 1 (I believe it's this map) where they talk about their different worlds.

Talys is also in the outrealms despite being located in Chrom's own world. And then what about the reference to Leanne and Naesala? And pretty much everything Owain says. That guy's a walking reference machine. A quick search also reveals that Panne makes reference to the Laguz as well saying they live in a far away land. At the very least everything in the series is now closely connected to the point that location wise it doesn't matter. The importance of characters and plot is what separates things not what patch of land they happen to be on and whether a similar patch of land is across the sea.

Edited by Jotari

And pretty much everything Owain says. That guy's a walking reference machine.

Using his references as justification is pretty much moot if you're talking about it in respect to the original work. His references to other FE games are only there because of localization.

It's hilarious and totally legit... and made me love him even more... but if you're talking about the significance of his references in respect to justify things about the world of Awakening... you can't really do so.

Just saying.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Wow so what's his gimmick in the original text?

Generic anime "cool" lines. I remember at one point, attack names that Gundams or Giant Robots would use.

But I loved his references more in English.

The ones I remember:

"FINAL IMPACT!" and "GRAVITRON GALACTICA!"

Some of them are pretty Engrish.

SACRED... STOOOOOOOONES!!!

I don't think they'd want us to go connecting eirika to someone like marth beyond the fact that they're from the same series, I'm fairly sure they try pretty hard not to connect sacred stones to the other Fe's.