79 members have voted

1. 1. Wallace is:

• Mid unit
    • Horrible
    • Horrible, but I like his personality so much
    • enugh good
    • as good as Oswin, but joins too late to be good unit

[...]I'm guessing you mean[...]

I'm mean something exact opposite, but now that's doesn't matter. You doesn't understand me and I sometimes doesn't understand you. I see no sense in continue this topic, so I leave it ( yeah, you win).

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicolas:

How does Wallace rank himself over units like Bartre, Dorcas and Rebecca? what does Wallace do that those three don't? How does Wallace provide more to you than them?

Seriously, is Wallace that fucking bald?????

But, OK, OK. Suppose that are you write has any sense, so thats my 12 unit worse than Wallace:

• Karla
  • Nino
  • Wil
  • Renault
  • Dorcas
  • Barte
  • Rebecca
  • Louise
  • Farina
  • Priscilla/Serra (because training both it's too much)
  • Rath (RNG hate his STR)
  • Marcus (because he broke this game!)

OK, I do not see another character who can be worser and less usefull than Wallace. And remember this list was written only because I suppose that are you had written has any sense.

Karla's bad.

Nino's bad.

It pains me to say this, but Wil is bad.

Renault is bad.

Dorcas's SPD growth may suck, but his contributions during the HHM earlygame are helpful. And FE7 enemies are piss slow, so his bad SPD won't catch up to him until fairly late in the game. And even then, speedwings exist.

Bartre's in the same boat as Dorcas, only his base SPD is even worse then Dorcas's. At least his SPD growth is decent and he has more potential than Dorcas.

Rebecca is kinda bad, but she contributes a lot more than Wallace ever could.

Louise isn't that great, but auto silver bows and her instant A support with Pent help her a ton. Also, her joining chapter is full of wyverns that she easily 1RKOs.

Farina's good. She just costs a lot of money and there are three fliers before her that do her job. Still, she's worth the money.

Priscilla and Serra keep everyone else alive with staves. Raising them might be a bit of a pain, but that's why we torch spam and barrier spam them up to snuff.

So your Rath got STR screwed? That's why he's worse than Wallace. Nope.

Marcus rules.

............................................WHAT?!

When I told that they must be units on all point of scale? 4/10 is my subjective rating and it don't mean I have to mark some units under this point.

But, OK, OK. Suppose that are you write has any sense, so thats my 12 unit worse than Wallace:

• Karla
  • Nino
  • Wil
  • Renault
  • Dorcas
  • Barte
  • Rebecca
  • Louise
  • Farina
  • Priscilla/Serra (because training both it's too much)
  • Rath (RNG hate his STR)
  • Marcus (because he broke this game!)

OK, I do not see another character who can be worser and less usefull than Wallace. And remember this list was written only because I suppose that are you had written has any sense.

Because I like that. For me it's good reason.

Karla sucks, but she doesn't get doubled.

Nino is horrible but provides a boost to the exp rank in ranked runs.

Wil is basically Sain as an archer. He's got alot of resources to work with too.

Renault is a warper and comes with A staves. He works in a pinch.

Dorcas is a solid unit with the right resources.

Bartre is slow at base, but 2HKO's things early on and prays for that +1 spd so he can double soldiers/armours and all. He turns into a better Dorcas later on.

Rebecca is basically Lyn as an archer, comes early and has alot of potential with the resources she can get.

Louise is an RNG proof sniper who has an instant A support with pent and the bow rank to use anything with Reinflieche at base.

Farina is an rng proof flier with good growths/bases that costs a bit.

Prissy is a mounted healer and is one of the few who can rescue promoted Hector

Rath has a 50% str growth and crosses terrain better than the rest of the mounts. He's pretty underrated.

Marcus is a unit on the level of fe8 Seth/fe13 Frederick/fe5 Finn/fe9 Titania/fe4 Sigurd. He's the best unit in the game.

Wallace wishes he could go to GK like Gilliam could.

I give him a 1/10. He has half-decent stats for a lvl 12 and then you're forced to prematurely promote him, making him a terrible Jeigan. Then he returns way too late, underleveled and with his awful stats. He gets 1 point for being mildly useful and an exp hog for the chapter that you get him in if you can't handle it with your standard units.

Wallace is horribad. Sad story too because hes a cool guy who doesnt afraid of anything.

But hes that guy i never see again after Lyn mode because his chapter sucks and i like the other one a lot better.

OK, I change my mind. That's changed list unit worser than Wallace:

• Karla
  • Nino
  • Rebecca(read post below)
  • Dorcas
  • Renault
  • Priscilla or Serra( because training them both in single run is too tiring)
  • Marcus(no matter how good he is, he broke early game so much to use him)

That's all.

Edited by Nicolas

Dorcas: He has good STR and HP and if he will be warrior he will have even lower SPD than Wallace on the same level. He also will be probably promoted at last(Raven, Guy and even Barte wants hero crest more). His RES suck. Only thing when he is better than Wallace is MOV, but nothing more. It's sad to talk, because he is good men.

Rebecca: After moment of consternation she is a little bit better than Wallace. Comes quickly, good support to Lowen, doubles enemy, bow(sometimes awful, but good against wyvern). Only thing what hurts is extremely low DEF. I will erase she form this list.

>marcus

Yeah not taking you seriously anymore

So in this forum I must always writes a something like "/sarcasm mode" at end?

Marcus and Seth are awesome unit, but I've never use them in early game.

Edited by Nicolas

Marcus is WTFAMAZING in early game, so I dunno why they should not be used

For example, I don't think you can realistically get the first DS without Marcus around

But then again, I'm a terrible player

Edited by JSND

Ok, I use Marcus only when beat this chapter is too hard for me(and in these games is not usually). Why not using Marcus in early game? Because:

1. He make it too easy.
  2. If he killed enemy he will get ~9 EXP, but when someone other kill he will get ~40 EXP.

Priscilla or Serra( because training them both in single run is too tiring)

..Okay, I can't take you seriously any more. How the hell is a second string healer worse than someone who's at best a sixth or even seventh string tank???

Edited by Levant Fortner

..Okay, I can't take you seriously any more. How the hell is a second string healer worse than someone who's at best a sixth or even seventh string tank???

You get Priscilla at ch14E, and first Guiding Ring at ch17E, so you must beat only without second helaler ch15E(when serra is not really needed), ch16E (when also is not needed), ch16xE(and another) and ch17E(first chapter since you get Priscilla, when Serra can be useful). So are you again do not take me seriously :smug: ?

are you seriously telling me that marcus is bad because he's too good compared to the rest of the game?

logic what is this

Read again post #64.

You know, you just reject everything what is not in line with your beliefs. Just like people who I call "fools".

***Added CT075 to users.

Edited by Nicolas

You get Priscilla at ch14E, and first Guiding Ring at ch17E, so you must beat only without second helaler ch15E(when serra is not really needed), ch16E (when also is not needed), ch16xE(and another) and ch17E(first chapter since you get Priscilla, when Serra can be useful). So are you again do not take me seriously :smug: ?

What's the first Guiding Ring got to do with this? Also, this is earlygame we're talking about, where most of our units aren't invincible. In addition, you're addressing someone who's had no problem using both Priscilla and Serra.

Dorcas has 6 base speed to Wallace's knight base of 5 and both have 20% growth. Dorcas also has that as a level 1 fighter. Sure Wallace gets 3 points from promotion, but that just means they're tied if and only if Wallace spends a while as a general. Dorcas is also around significantly longer, easier to recruit, and actually useful early on, and potentially useful later as you can actually raise him to an appropriate level. His defense may be lower, but he has more than enough health to not be in danger of dying.

Renault has staff utility and comes as a reasonable level. That alone puts him above Wallace. He can also actually kill stuff thanks to divine in VoD.

Marcus. Breaking the early game is not a particularly good reason for someone to be considered bad.

Nino is relatively easily trainable and once she gets going she's very good. The problem is that you have to slow down to train her. With Wallace, you have to slow down to train him and also just to wait for him to move.

Because Priscilla and Serra are mutually exclusive, which they actually aren't at all, doesn't mean one is worse than the other. It's like saying Karel or Harken is worse than Wallace because ou can't get both at the same time.

What's the first Guiding Ring got to do with this?

You must know that when you promoted someone like Erk, Lucius or Canas that unit will get heal ability. So if someone has heal ability, he is the healer and if you also pick Priscilla he is second healer. Enough clear?

In addition, you're addressing someone who's had no problem using both Priscilla and Serra.

If that so, sorry, but I've not get counterargument to that. If you talk about preferences there is no counterargument.

Edited by Nicolas

You must know that when you promoted someone like Erk, Lucius or Canas that unit will get heal ability. So if someone has heal ability, he is the healer and if you also pick Priscilla he is second healer. Enough clear?

Understood, but you're implying that early promoting Erk, Canas, or Lucius and using them as a healer is a good idea, which I don't buy. Especially when I consider Guiding Rings to be better used on healers, for one, and the former two, once promoted start with a whopping staff rank of... E.

Edited by Levant Fortner

You know, you just reject everything what is not in line with your beliefs. Just like people who I call "fools".

***Added CT075 to users.

good for you, you found some movie to quote and make me feel insulted

couldn't you at least had the gusto to make up something of your own?

Edited by CT075

Using Serra and Priscilla both at the same time is kind of impractical, don't you agree.

S-Ranking's a different story, but still.

How much of Lyn's mode did you abuse Serra?

Are you going at the game super slow?

What do you intend to do with these healers anyway?

You got Pent if you really want someone to make use of the special Physic and Warp staff. If you need another user for Restore usage, then you can promote Lucius and have access right away. Oh, and he would be much easier to train too. High magic and good enough speed to double pretty much everything. Oh, and high magic + auto C rank. Not too far off from being a replacement to Pent with those range staffs. I dunno. I find it hard to justify using any healer these days. They take so much time to be useful for anything other than early game healing. Eventually, you have units who just 1RKO most everything in their path while avoiding lots of damage in FE7.

About wallace though... he is pretty annoying to try picking up.

Edited by Vorena