Do You Know People Who Share Their Names With Fire Emblem Characters?

Edith

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met a boy named Kieran once and he became friends with my younger brother. I also know an Amy and have a cousin named Amy as well. And a cousin named Heather. And another cousin named Noah. And yet another cousin named Amelia.

And the first name of one of the players on my favorite NFL team is Ike, but I obviously don't know him in person. XD

I don't share my name with any FE characters, but it could be a nickname for Kellam, I guess. lol

Oh, I almost forgot, a friend I had when I was little was named Jill.

EDIT: Argh, how could I forget I have a cousin named George (Jorge) and my younger brother's name is Daniel? xP

Edited by Anacybele

I haven't seen one with my name yet. My name is so common it's not funny - it's unisex and can be both a first name and a surname. So I'm a bit surprised I haven't run into one yet.

Fun fact though: if I'd been born a boy, I WOULD have been named Frederick. And my father and grandfather are both Fred. XD

Haha, I was going to be named Amelia! But my mom changed her mind at the last minute. :/

It was Frederick Mason Michael if I were a boy, and ALMOST was Cierra if I was a girl, but Mom/Grandmom changed their minds later on.

And no, Michael's not my last name. I would have have two middle names. I have two now as well.

Edited by Vashiane

It was Frederick Mason Michael if I were a boy, and ALMOST was Cierra if I was a girl, but Mom/Grandmom changed their minds later on.

And no, Michael's not my last name. I would have have two middle names. I have two now as well.

Ah, I see. I was going to be Amelia Catherine (after my mom's grandmother and only having one middle name), but as I said, my mom changed her mind too. xP

Imo, it's a way better name than what my mom ended up going with. >.>

My name's Matthew. Guess that thief is a pretty cool guy. Other than that I can't remember.

There's this guy who has a face I know just like Joshua, but IIRC his name is spelled Jyosua or something like that...weird.

Kid on my tennis team was named Elbert

Dude that's awesome.

not much since im an Indonesian

Although i can play with my own name and it will fit with.... at least 2 FE characters

Also since my nickname is radically different from my own name, thats potentially one more. Thankfully there is none from this category >_>

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

i had 2 friends had the name: Matthew and julian

The matthew one had same Character and emotion (upgoing) and The julian,, almost no connection at all,,

I think i can list 5-8 of another one, if i need to,,

Dragon boner, don't tell me your name is robin,,

I've got a few friends with similar names (like Mark and Thomas) and I'm kinda surprised my name hasn't been used yet. Considering there's so many A(error could not load rest of word)s running around it's not even funny. Then again my name or nickname probably wouldn't fit with Fire Emblem.

Man knowing each other's first names is fun. I can understand not wanting to hand out your surname, but no one's going to be able to find out who you are from even the rarest first names ever. Unless someone named you, like, SatanMetallicaHumanSlayer or something.

Man knowing each other's first names is fun. I can understand not wanting to hand out your surname, but no one's going to be able to find out who you are from even the rarest first names ever. Unless someone named you, like, SatanMetallicaHumanSlayer or something.

How did you figure it out? You'll have to die now...

Eh, I'm just paranoid like that. Besides Anthony/Tony (Frinkin' GTA I hate you so much!) is sooooooo unspectacular. I always wanted my name to be Andrew for some reason anyway.

Andrew's a pretty cool name. I swear I'd rather have a simple strong name like John though. I found out that Kyle comes from "caol" which originally referred to a strait recently. I thought that was very nice, since I plan to be a translator or interpreter. Which would let me act as the strait connecting two bodies of water to one another. Neat.

Anyways, Anthony's not too bad. For some reason none of my friends named Anthony like being called Tony. .___.

My name is SatanMetallicaHumanSlayer, but people just call me Satan for short. Nobody shares my name, surprisingly.

My name is actually really common - David - but I don't think it's actually used in this series yet.

I can't say the same about other names, though. Just counting people I've spoken to (and only player characters and major characters), we've got:

• Seth (a little kid who I babysat, ironically)
  • Ross (second crush :c)
  • Joshua (rival in elementary school, haven't seen since)
  • Marisa (mother's co-worker)
  • Louise (some vaguely related family member)
  • Ryan (technically, my ex-boyfriend)
  • Jake (friend during elementary school)
  • Robert (everyone in my family who has male genitals and is not named David)
  • Rhys (i did a group project with some guy with this name once)
  • Bryce (friend/crush from last year)
  • Alec (knew him in spanish class)

Andrew's a pretty cool name. I swear I'd rather have a simple strong name like John though. I found out that Kyle comes from "caol" which originally referred to a strait recently. I thought that was very nice, since I plan to be a translator or interpreter. Which would let me act as the strait connecting two bodies of water to one another. Neat.

Anyways, Anthony's not too bad. For some reason none of my friends named Anthony like being called Tony. .___.

I blame Grand Theft Auto The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Wierd, just about every Anthony I've meant has gone by Tony; including my great-grandpa whom I'm named after. The only exception is one I met in my Computer Apps class who went by Anthony.

Still waiting to see some of my friends who actually play Fire Emblem to have their name used though. I swear I'm the only one who plays Fire Emblem at the school I go to.

Edited by Harkas

FE4;

Alec - some dude I met freshman year, is friends with some of my old roommates

Holyn - I knew a girl named Holyn my freshman year of high school

Levin/Levn - he's been in a bunch of my physics classes (spelled Levin)

Rana - my last name

Arthur - the financial guy for my internship mentor last summer

Aless - I knew a girl named Alessandra in high school

Linda - financial person for my current internship

FE5;

Lara - one of my college friends

Dean - knew a dude in middle school named Dean

Sara - I have a cousin named Sara (Pakistani pronunciation though)

FE6;

Marcus - coworker

Lugh - one of my dad's old employees

Sue - one daycare parent that used to come to my mom's daycare

Ray (not Lleu) - Ray Lewis and Ray Rice I guess... legends of the Ravens, never met them tho

Wendy - Sax player i remember from middle school

Gonzales - many a last name...

FE7;

Wil - I know many William's/Will's

Matthew - same as above, I have at least 5-6 in my phone that i either had class with or worked with

Rebecca - this girl tried to hook up with me, i was like nooooo lol

Raven - my home football team (Baltimore Ravens, Super Bowl XXXV and XLVII CHAMPIONS, also a girl I remember in high school

Heath - my sister's friend

Harken - does anyone remember that this was the name of a character in Anchorman? Just putting it out there (Ed Harken)

FE8;

Seth - son of Rex Ryan, the Jets head coach, whose older brother I knew in high school

Vanessa - college friend

Ross - someone my wind ensemble director makes fun of all the time

Garcia - many a last name

Joshua - I know a couple Josh's

Ephraim - don't know him personally, but he owned the school Euphonium I used in high school

Kyle - someone in middle school, someone else in high school

Saleh - my IRL friend knows a dude named Saleh, his name is apparently pronounced "Sah-lah"

FE9/10;

Edward - I know like 5

Leonardo - someone I met at this internship

Laura - had a high school friend

Ilyana - random girl from a comp sci class

Aran - had a friend named Aaron, does that count?

Meg - knew a couple Meg's in high school

Jill - someone i knew in middle school

Brom - a teacher

Heather - someone i knew in middle school

Geoffrey - used to ride the bus with him, pronounced it like Jeffrey though

Kieran - I knew someone named Kiran, not Kieran, but he went to HS and college with me

Boyd - friend's middle name

Oscar - one of my students (for two different classes lol)

Stefan - one of my better friends from middle school

Oliver - my roommate freshman year, skinny guy with blonde hair that made ladies swoon... contrary to this guy

Nasir - my brother-in-law's brother's brother-in-law (don't ask, I met him at my sister's wedding) was named Nasser which is the same pronunciation

FE1/3/11/12

Ryan - I know plenty

Luke - one of my best friends

Gordin - I know a Gordon

Julian - my friend's suitemate freshman year

Frey - I know someone's last name who was Frey, also I knew a Frey

Robert - one of my best friends from middle/high school

Katarina - knew one in middle school

FE13;

Anna - one of my dad's employees

Olivia - was in a couple of my group assignments in high school

Morgan - friend's ex-girlfriend

Cynthia - my friend's girlfriend

somehow I thought I'd know more people with FE13 names than I do, guess not

• 2 weeks later...

FE4:

None

FE5

None

FE6

Marcus- Brother's friend

Saul- My middle name

Noah- Nextdoor neighbour

Sophia- Classmate three years ago

FE7

Matthew- Cousin

Marcus- Brother's friend

Kent- Kid on my soccer team

Hannah- Classmate five years ago

Natalie- Would have been my name if I were a girl.

FE8

Seth- Friend from school

Joshua- My brother's friend

Amelia- Would have been a second choice for my name if I were a girl.

FE9

None

FE10

Laura- Classmate two years ago

Heather- Aunt's name

FE11

None

FE12

Ryan- Classmate

FE13

Anna- Classmate

Olivia- Classmate last year

My younger brother's name is Owen, which is homophonic with Owain on account of being an alternate spelling thereof. Also there's another boy at his high school named Owen, too.

I've a grandfather named Robert.

A kid in my brother's boy scout troop is named Joshua, and another's name is Daniel. (Or at least, I'd assume it is. Everyone just calls him "Danny") Bonus points for his last name being "Heath".

My uncle (on my mother's side) is named Scott, although he and my aunt (who's the one who's actually related to my mom) aren't together anymore so I don't know if he still technically counts as my uncle. I do kinda know him, though.

I... think that's all. I know it's all I can remember off the top of my head.

• 4 weeks later...