This 3/10 Gamefaqs review for FE13 actually made some valid points.

I agree with the review. The designs are pretty lame. This game doesn't deserve to be called a Fire Emblem game, but at least it's fun to play.

This is funny considering you try to LTC it to death constantly.

If you agree with the review you should outright despise the game. You are contradicting everything you have fought to prove in your LTC threads

Even as a dancer, Olivia's outfit is ridiculous, especially if you add her "personality" (hahahaha if you can call it that) to the mix.

Well considering your personality revolves around fapping to Galeforce you should sympathize with the FE13 characters plenty, that you all call 1 dimensional

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny considering you try to LTC it to death constantly.

If you agree with the review you should outright despise the game. You are contradicting everything you have fought to prove in your LTC threads

I said it's fun to play.

I agree with the review. The designs are pretty lame. This game doesn't deserve to be called a Fire Emblem game, but at least it's fun to play.

Well considering your personality revolves around fapping to Galeforce you should sympathize with the FE13 characters plenty, that you all call 1 dimensional

You should try it sometime, it's very satisfying.

Edited by Constable Reggie

To be fair it doesn't take all that much to get the children up to speed. There base stats are usually bad, but if both parents are trained they shouldn't be unuseable. Their exp gain is quick, they might already have offensive skills and when you pair them up with a strong unit they might just kill enemies with a duel attack.

It isn't worth the effort since the first gen characters are perfectly fine for the main story, but I did't see the few children I trained as really difficult to use.

Of course the only children I used without grinding them up to speed where Laurent and Morgan who where the mini gods produced by Avatar and Miriel so that might explain why they weren't all that hard to train.

I think it's pretty good because through this games skill system it can potentially break the tradition that within just the main story line a units worth isn't almost entirely based on their stats.

have you played FE5

So can most defense maps in the series. In the entirety of Fire Emblem there's only really that protect Zephiel chapter in FE7 or Paralogue 17 in FE13 where the enemies have a realistic shot at actually defeating their target. Anywhere else the tile, throne or NPC aren't realistically going to be threatened unless you purposely allow it to be.

This is true. If I recall correctly Paralogue 17 is simply a matter of having enough people and I haven't bothered to play FE7 yet but I agree. Defense maps were pretty lame as a whole. I don't agree with people saying they miss those maps.

2-E of RD on HM was a good challenge I think but that whole mode was pretty challenging.

This is true. If I recall correctly Paralogue 17 is simply a matter of having enough people and I haven't bothered to play FE7 yet but I agree. Defense maps were pretty lame as a whole. I don't agree with people saying they miss those maps.

2-E of RD on HM was a good challenge I think but that whole mode was pretty challenging.

You're aware you can beat 2-E on RD in one turn by defeating Ludveck?

have you played FE5

Yeah, I'm guessing I should have explained more when I said almost entirely. FE5 only really accomplished that if a character used staves rather than characters with poorer stats in general. There where skills like Charisma but some pretty good units like Nanna and Delmud. I mean like I'd like to see skills being designated in a way that gives a weaker joining character of any class a means to contribute significantly.

Edited by arvilino

It's a gamefaq's review. Which is as credible as me being a rocket scientist.

Doctor Einstein sir, we need your help on making a super fighting robot who will battle for the good of all mankind.

also gamefaqs review blargh whatever

Disregarding the SpotPass characters, the playable women in this game who don't wear pants or at least fully cover themselves enough that there isn't any visible skin from the waste down in Awakening are the Pegasus Knights

To be fair, it's fully justified in Aversa's case, since she is supposed to be a seductress.

I'm sure you can explain that in enough detail. Cuz' I'm not sure how a miniskirt is better than what the Pegasus Knights wear.

Disregarding the SpotPass characters, the playable women in this game who don't wear pants or at least fully cover themselves enough that there isn't any visible skin from the waste down in Awakening are the Pegasus Knights (and other PKs like the ones in Elibe weren't much better even if you pretend otherwise), Nowi, Nah, Sully, Panne (and Lethe fought in short shorts so meh), Olivia (who is a dancer), Say'ri (Lyn was just as bad), Flavia, and Tiki.

Lissa (wears more than Mist), Maribelle (ditto), Miriel (actually wears pants unlike Ilyana), Tharja, Anna, Cherche, Lucina, Kjelle, Severa, and Noire actually dress as such. That would be 10 women out of 21.

No instead you could you see what's under Ilyana's skirt when she casts spells in PoR.

If it's only about the Pegasus Knights, why didn't you you choose Marcia from PoR as an example? Personally, I never even liked any PK designs except for the ones from FE5,

Still, Awakening did change the breast plate from armor that just so happened to cover the chest area to formfitting metal bras, that are likely to deflect attacks right into the vital areas rather then away from it.

The armor they had worn before, wasn't actually to different from those worn by some male characters during the Jugdral games.

So while I never liked them much, I definitely see this as a change for the worse. Plus, I think they now look like salt shakers.

Anyway, if I might give my take on the characters you listed:

Lissa has a hole in her skirt that just so happens to be at the focus of the automatic camera when she uses a staff, As I mentioned already, I don't remember the PoR/RD camera doing stuff like that.

Tharja is running around in her underwear. Your above examples don't compare to tat. Nothing in the series compares to that except FE4 dancers.

Cherche is absurdly revealing from what I've seen of her. (neither her promotional art or her in-game art show her front.) But she wears a french maid headdress in exchange. Again, nothing compares to that but FE4 dancers.

Miriel does wear pants... until she promotes. After that, she gets to show of her absolute territory or whatever it's called. This is noteworthy because she is using a custom model and not the normal sage outfit.

Lucina is supposed to make you believe she is male, so she doesn't count. But I would like to note that once she joins and promotes, her outfit gets more revealing instantly. Unfortunately, I don't know any of the kids, so I can't judge them.

And while Tellius had a bit too much of a liking to show of the absolute territory of their characters for my very personal taste, that's usually were it stopped. No such bullcrap as with Nowi, Tharja, Panne, Cherche, etc.

Not to mention that Tellius has all their knights wear the same armor then their male counterparts: Titania, Jill, Astrid, Fiona. You don't see that in Awakening.

Edited by BrightBow

I like how the guy gave detailed and constructive critism answers. But the reasons themselves are incredibly silly and biased.

- "The character designs are stupid"

I agree to this on some extent (Nowi, Tharja/Dark Mages, I'm looking at you), but reguardings Knights...that's just how they usually were. For someone that keeps referencing previous FEs, they just seem to handwave this.

- "the graphics suck (character models, animations, mugs, etc.)"

Incredibly biased opinion right there. /:

- "The game FORCES you to grind"

The guy said it himself- "Now some of you might think I'm being too harsh on what is essentially "optional" content". Optional (AKA, not necessary to beat the game). While I do think it's silly to have to marry characters you're probably not using to access these, I wouldn't say it's absolutely necessary to grind. Heck, once again- It's not necessary to visit them...I highly doubt you're going to be using a team of 20~ characters, and if your team is most likely going to be overpowered by then, then why bother?

"However, if you disregard this "optional" content, then the game is very short (I finished the main story on hard classic in a little over 12 hours) and the character roster is very small."

I finished it in around 3 hours including light casual grinding. What does that prove?

And sure, a character roster filled with many characters I won't be using is very small indeed. And yeah, I did read the part where he says the Paralogues tend to have more interesting design, I GUESS (never really payed attention to that detail)

Oh, last complaint would have to be his constant references to previous titles and how this game doesn't much up to them even though FE was never meant to be good is a certain aspect.

Things I do agree with, however:

- Unbalanced mechanics and difficulty (Hard Mode is relatively easy, but Lunatic Mode isn't properly executed in difficulty, much like FE11's H5)

- Lack of weapon weight and status staves

If it's only about the Pegasus Knights, why didn't you you choose Marcia from PoR as an example? Personally, I never even liked any PK designs except for the ones from FE5,

Still, Awakening did change the breast plate from armor that just so happened to cover the chest area to formfitting metal bras, that are likely to deflect attacks right into the vital areas rather then away from it.

The armor they had worn before, wasn't actually to different from those worn by some male characters during the Jugdral games.

So while I never liked them much, I definitely see this as a change for the worse. Plus, I think they now look like salt shakers.

Anyway, if I might give my take on the characters you listed:

Lissa has a hole in her skirt that just so happens to be at the focus of the automatic camera when she uses a staff, As I mentioned already, I don't remember the PoR/RD camera doing stuff like that.

Tharja is running around in her underwear. Your above examples don't compare to tat. Nothing in the series compares to that except FE4 dancers.

Cherche is absurdly revealing from what I've seen of her. (neither her promotional art or her in-game art show her front.) But she wears a french maid headdress in exchange. Again, nothing compares to that but FE4 dancers.

Miriel does wear pants... until she promotes. After that, she gets to show of her absolute territory or whatever it's called. This is noteworthy because she is using a custom model and not the normal sage outfit.

Lucina is supposed to make you believe she is male, so she doesn't count. But I would like to note that once she joins and promotes, her outfit gets more revealing instantly. Unfortunately, I don't know any of the kids, so I can't judge them.

And while Tellius had a bit too much of a liking to show of the absolute territory of their characters for my very personal taste, that's usually were it stopped. No such bullcrap as with Nowi, Tharja, Panne, Cherche, etc.

Not to mention that Tellius has all their knights wear the same armor then their male counterparts: Titania, Jill, Astrid, Fiona. You don't see that in Awakening.

When you realize why Tharja have such an absurd defence... :facepalm:

...Hey, I've played Luminous Arc 2 just before, so it didn't disturbed me that much...

Pair Up is pretty broken, but it's also incredibly fun the first time you use it !

Every aspect you can complain about doesn't stop your overall enjoyment for the game...

Fights are pretty short and can be entirely skipped, and the ennemies' attack zone for the precedent games returns (There were the two best additions on the whole game).

Ilyana_%28Radiant_Dawn%29.png

nephenee_en.png

Not sure if you're serious.

Those are the worst examples you can find from FE10? Really? Well, that kind of proves my point, doesn't it? The worst examples from FE13 can't even compare to those.

I don't even see what's wrong with Ilyana. Yeah, she's wearing a skirt, but she's a mage. Mages are squishy. They never wear armor (in FE at least). At least a skirt is more comfortable for moving around. Same with Nephenee. Sure, her outfit shows that little bit of skin compared to the male outfit, but it doesn't hinder her or anything.

The problem with the standard pegasus outfit is that it makes no damn sense. You're riding on a horse; you should wear pants when riding on a horse.

stuff

Ooh, I see your point. I can definitely agree on that. I was just talking about the actual outfits, but yeah. Some of the females are just making "cute" poses or something (hell, Nowi, Panne and Severa are making the exact same pose in their artworks...). But even then, I don't think most of them are like that. Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Say'ri, Flavia, Miriel, Maribelle, Noire, Nah, Kjelle and Cynthia (possibly more) have decent artworks in that respect?

You're aware you can beat 2-E on RD in one turn by defeating Ludveck?

It's a tough map if you defend and killing Ludveck can be pretty hard on HM. If you just kill him on turn 1 than you also miss out on an Energy Drop, a Nullify scroll and a Dracoshield on top of a ton of EXP which is almost necessary if you plan on using Nephenee and Brom in P3.

1-turning the map outside of LTC is rather lame imo.

It's a tough map if you defend and killing Ludveck can be pretty hard on HM. If you just kill him on turn 1 than you also miss out on an Energy Drop, a Nullify scroll and a Dracoshield on top of a ton of EXP which is almost necessary if you plan on using Nephenee and Brom in P3.

1-turning the map outside of LTC is rather lame imo.

Brom is rather mediocre and not particularly worth training. He's not bad, it's just that he gets completely outclassed. And Nephenee is quite likely to get dibs on the BEXP (she just needs enough to pick up Spd/Skill, forges and a good Atk support fixes those offense issues). I don't think Haar will need much (if any) exp raher than a Speedwings.

No defend maps? Bullshit, look no further than

Paralogue 3: A Strangled Peace.

I never attempt that shit UNTIL Endgame. Stupid villagers, yes, please, run RIGHT TOWARDS THE FUCKING RISEN, you're sure to be safe and sound there.

Get over here right now so I can hug you. That level has to be the most IRRITATING level ever.

Get over here right now so I can hug you. That level has to be the most IRRITATING level ever.

Killed all the pegasus.... Yeah, this is nearly over !

What.. NOOO ! Don't go suicide yourselves on this fighter axe !!!

True story.

Damn, this review is pretty accurate. But I feel that you being overpowered is an incentive to try out harder levels, that's what got me to try hard mode and Gods damn me if that wasn't hard in the beginning. Even if you are a bit overpowered, there is still some challenge in harder difficulties; I've still been having my units forming wall positions, grouping them together ensuring their safety instead of blindly charging forward like a younger me would have done. And yes, I can't exactly say the story isn't phenomenal, but I feel that FE is more oriented on the relationships between characters than story overall, and that's why I love the series so much, I get to see how characters develop from talking to other people. Granted, there isn't too much of that for certain characters, but I'm hunting for the right ones.(Am I the only one who pairs to test for character development?)

Yes, pair up is OP but sometimes necessary on harder parts, especially on early parts of the game(and training Donny). The knight design did make me do a double take, but the design for them wasn't always great before either, just look at the SNES and GBA series; No shields for the guys that focus on defending themselves in SNES, and weird shield placement and losing them upon promotion in GBA.

I swear I had more to say, but I can't remember... basically I still like it despite its flaws, 9/10 through fanboyism, 8/10 for reality.

Brom is rather mediocre and not particularly worth training. He's not bad, it's just that he gets completely outclassed. And Nephenee is quite likely to get dibs on the BEXP (she just needs enough to pick up Spd/Skill, forges and a good Atk support fixes those offense issues). I don't think Haar will need much (if any) exp raher than a Speedwings.

Why? If I'm training a mediocre unit like Neph I'm using normal EXP not BEXP. Especially with BEXP being so scarce in Hard Mode.The fact is you miss out on a lot of stuff by 1-turning.

Forges aren't that great either, I mean they tend to bankrupt the GMs and the CRKs can't forge so you're basically saying here that massive favoritism > Training. Also Mordecai is another great unit to train up (even if his EXP gain is low) in that map.

Edited by bearclaw13

I must be the only foolish "debater" that thoroughly enjoys this game despite some of its (rather avoidable) downfalls.

Pair Up was definitely made with Lunatic and Lunatic+ in mind. Without it, it would be like FE11's cast versus 3-6 Tigers with Swordmaster Speed.