Worst unit in the game

Chiki

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She crits for me fairly often as well. In fact, she capped STR, SKILL, and SPD already as a dancer.

Why?

She went Dancer > Myrmidon > Swordmaster > Dancer. Do you have any idea how long that took to accomplish? It's pretty impractical, while awesome. I mean, it's your game so do what you want, but grinding takes quite a while. Olivia might as well just dance.

Shh.

Grinding doesn't take alot of time for me because she and chrom took on the whole summer scramble with her having paragon. with limit breaker as an dancer she will destroy enemies

I came into this topic to say Ricken. But I read this topic and saw a lot of Ricken and rescue staff shenanigans. And I thought, 'If someone has hacked this game to make Ricken a priest, why hasn't dondon 0% it yet?

I came into this topic to say Ricken. But I read this topic and saw a lot of Ricken and rescue staff shenanigans. And I thought, 'If someone has hacked this game to make Ricken a priest, why hasn't dondon 0% it yet?

Because giving Ricken 7 levels lets him go Sage and use rescue.

That happens too sometimes, which SUCKS because I need my locksmith. But I'm officially done with trying to fix Tharja, she has repeatedly gotten fucked and trying to fix her is waste of resources. I'll grind her to Tomebreaker for Noire, and then I'm done. I've got Henry after all.

anna as a locksmith is amazing because she can reclass to a dark knight which is good considering her high magic stat and her speed makes her formidable. i only raise gaius so he can be a father and he sits on the bench afterwards

Read the topic please.

LTC: Donnel is unsalvageable; Ricken is great here thanks to Rescue.

Efficiency: Donnel is not as bad but still horrible. Ricken is still great here because he can become a Dark Knight or he can use Rescue.

Drafts: Never played one, but I think Donnel would be shitty here too. Ricken can become a Dark Knight.

Lunatic+: Ricken can avoid Counter and become a Rescue bot. I think Donnel might be untrainable here.

0% (hypothetical): Ricken can become a Rescue bot. Donnel is completely unsalvageable.

Casual: Nothing matters here.

RnR3: Ricken is unsalvageable (Dark Knight can't kill anything when Donnel is already tanking); Donnel the earliest non-spotpass character to tank.

Efficiency: Ricken is not as bad but still horrible for Rescue staff usage. Donnel gives you an in game purpose, fulfill some end-game purpose, is still great here because he has the MERC class. Armsthift/Sol/Axefaire/Wrath/Gamble/Counter/Rally Strength/Despoil all usuable, whereas Dark Knight Slow Burn is totally useless in LTC. Life Taker is good, the class has good cap, can use tome, not being bias here.

Drafts: Never played one either. Ricken can be Dark Knight but why Donnel can't be Hero?

Lunatic+: Ricken can avoid Counter and become a Rescue bot. Donnel is in paralouges which is totally not required to play to finish the game, how izzit fair to him.

LTC: Nothing matters here.

Casual: Capped for ALL characters, spotpass logbook, and Donnel is sparkling, Ricken is no where to be found.

OP asked for opinion, I stated mine, but it's agonizing when there's 'wrong' for opinion.

Grinding doesn't take alot of time for me because she and chrom took on the whole summer scramble with her having paragon. with limit breaker as an dancer she will destroy enemies

Not EXPotential Growth? That's how I got her up to snuff.

I didn't say you were wrong; all I did was say that LTC wasn't the only thing discussed.

LTC: Nothing matters here.

Why?

Because I don't play LTC.

Anyway, I take it back when Virion is the weakest, after I saw someone comment on Yen'fay. I totally forgot he exist. He has a exclusive weapon, yet is troublesome to grind, and have no purpose after cap in his best class still. At least Donnel can tank for me, or 'earn back' the time I grind with despoil or armsthift/leif's blade.

I married Ricken to Lissa, and I like their support log, other than that, my Owain is neither here nor there =/

I don't mind grinding, but I don't like to have variables on what item to get. Hence, no armsthift means bad.(except Cherche) Strong Bias.

That reminds me, Gaius is one of the units who I generally find a pain to work with because he gets hit more than I'd like.

Yeap. I agree. But Gaius is far from the worst guy in the game. Hes a pain because i just dont like thieves outside utility use and if im using him, its for being able to get kids.

It takes quite a long time to get her to Swordmaster. And knowing this forum, a lot of people don't have the time to make Olivia awesome.

She's not terrible by any means, but she isn't spectacular, either. Well, when it comes to combat. She dances, so of course she's useful.

I grind Olivia because shes gr9mazing when i do that.

grinded Olivia is still worse than Sumia :Kappa:

That's pretty sad.

For Sumia. The fact she can even be compared to Olivia (in min-max) is sad.

Edited by bearclaw13

no i used it but only for a bit until she was a level 5 swordmaster then i went to summer scramble

Scrub.

If you want the fastest way to give Olivia Levels with "Skip Actions" to all:

EXP Growth ---> 1st Reclass + Promotion ---> EXP Growth ---> 2nd Reclass + Promotion --> Champions of Yore 3 --> Reclass --> Lost Bloodlines 3.

Repeat last as needed.

Purchase Levin Swords from Nino as needed. The only hassle for me was getting enough Second Seals immediately after Chapter 11.

...I'd have to go with Donny/Donnel with the OP on this one. I do not have the motivation to baby him... even the first time I saw him last year.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Villager is an awfull class outside of Aptitude (nd maybe Undrdog) (And Airship Cannon proved that Paragon is better anyway). That is the main reason why ypu don't want to marry Donnel actually...

Donnel's Modifiers aren't that exciting too...

Now, Donnel have pretty awesome physical base growths, even without counting Aptitude (Equal or Supperior to Chrom).

His absolute base stats are pretty cool either : 3 HP, 3 STR 0 MAG, 1 SKL, 2 SPD, 11 LCK, 2 DEF, 0 RES.

So, Donnel, on itself is a pretty great unit, he is a pretty good father, for reasons already shown... If you can makes it up to level 10 (And this is arguably a pain...), he will be absolutely awesome...),

Now, Virion, His growth rates aren't bad, but suffers a severe case of average, except HP, who are really inferior...

His absolute base stats are absolutely horrible : 3 HP, 1 STR, 0 MAG, 1 SKL -1 SPD, 1 DEF, 1 RES...

His base class isn't the best usually, and his class set is good, but not exceptionnal. Too average at the end...

Because I don't play LTC.

Anyway, I take it back when Virion is the weakest, after I saw someone comment on Yen'fay. I totally forgot he exist. He has a exclusive weapon, yet is troublesome to grind, and have no purpose after cap in his best class still. At least Donnel can tank for me, or 'earn back' the time I grind with despoil or armsthift/leif's blade.

I married Ricken to Lissa, and I like their support log, other than that, my Owain is neither here nor there =/

I don't mind grinding, but I don't like to have variables on what item to get. Hence, no armsthift means bad.(except Cherche) Strong Bias.

Donnel doesn't have Barbarian, he can't use despoil without Leaf's blade.

Donnel doesn't have Barbarian, he can't use despoil without Leaf's blade.

Thanks for pointing out. I mean I get bullions while i'm grinding Donnel if he still can't tank.

Yen'fay's support bonuses are pretty A+ at even no support points, at least on lunatic. I used him to pair with MU to beat Priam's paralogue (on Lunatic nogrind) since that +8 speed came in handy and his 38 strength means he can deal damage from the back lines too.

I dunno, I like him. I don't find the spotpass paralogue guys too terrible 'cuz they're either good at giving dual bonuses, can serve as extra rescuebots on chapters like Priam's, or has Galeforce+Shadowgift. Aversa with a good magic support is able to cleanly orko generals and (Counter!)warriors in Priam's Paralogue with Goetia and then run away, eliminating some irritating fucks for my main team, so there's that.

I guess Priam could count as most useless because by the time you get him the main game's p much over and who the fuck wants to deal with all those reinforcements in Final anyway (infinite reinforcements? In Lunatic? No thanks) gonna one turn that chapter so hard

^ adding to that. I think Emmeryn is pretty good as a reclassed Falcoknight at base in full-game LTC, due to Rescue in the rest of the paralogues. It allows a 1 turn of Gangrel's (even if you have to skip the dude). So that's something. I think the most useless Paralogue dude is definetely Praim because screw his paralogue. Yen'fay's is also a bit annoying in full-game LTC because theres swordmaster that have 41 speed o_o

Edited by Peekayell