SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they put pacman in there, I want his final smash to turn him into a sort of horrifying Giga-Pacman around the size of Giga-Bowser, with huge teeth that makes him big and fast, then I want to be able to dash around and NOM my enemies to death with razor sharp teeth. That would be amazing.

I think we can definitely expect some Kid Icarus Uprising Music in this game.

Dark Pit's theme was the best. :>

Also more articles for ya'll:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-final-names-revealed

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-no-plans-for-smash-bros-dlc-tripping-removed

Also it's not worth it to act cut happy about this, because we don't know if it means less newcomers, or cut characters or less other content than we expect. We just know that the 3DS is causing problems for the Wii U version from reaching its full potential.

If they put pacman in there, I want his final smash to turn him into a sort of horrifying Giga-Pacman around the size of Giga-Bowser, with huge teeth that makes him big and fast, then I want to be able to dash around and NOM my enemies to death with razor sharp teeth. That would be amazing.

Sounds awesome but unlikely. If anything it would be him eating the big yellow lemon and everyone turns blue. They are now easier to knock off the stage.

Though series creator and producer Masahiro Sakurai would not elaborate specifics as to which version is farther along, he mentioned that the two versions of the next Smash Bros. installment might find themselves completed at different dates, particularly with the 3DS facing some challenges in terms of how to accommodate characters that incorporate more than one fighter, such as the Ice Climbers.

This wording makes me think that there will be other Ice Climers-like characters.

like that rumored Diddy + Dixie tag team from Brawl or a hypothetical Chrom + Robin/Lucina pair up.

I like where this is going. :3

Edit: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-smash-bros-will-not-use-touch-screen-controls

also no touch screen usage for fighting in 3DS

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

like that rumored Diddy + Dixie tag team from Brawl or a hypothetical Chrom + Robin/Lucina pair up.

I like where this is going. :3

Kat and Ana(Wario Ware) anyone?

They were an assist trophy in Brawl.

Also Brawl itself was less than 8 GBs. It had 2 GBs of data for characters.

3DS cartridges can hold a maximum of 8 GBs.

We should have no problem getting around 45 characters if the flashy scenes from subspace emissary aren't in the game.

and cut out all that fluff like masterpieces and the chronicle.

I don't think the 3DS version will have a complex adventure mode, probably more along the lines of Melee's adventure.

No tripping, huh? I don't mind that. Though I wouldn't have minded it staying either. I'm neutral in the matter. lol

But NO considerations for DLC at the moment? That's preposterous! Smash Bros. is a game that's screaming for DLC! Imagine the stuff that could be downloadable! Event matches, stages, stage builder parts, maybe even characters! Music too! I hope Sakurai changes his mind about this later. Seriously.

Edited by Anacybele

I think DLC should be a later priority, as soon as Nintendo starts to get used to DLC, the more they're going to try to exploit it like all the other companies. DLC is corruption to the big apples of gaming.

Edited by Knight

No tripping, huh? I don't mind that. Though I wouldn't have minded it staying either. I'm neutral in the matter. lol

But NO considerations for DLC at the moment? That's preposterous! Smash Bros. is a game that's screaming for DLC! Imagine the stuff that could be downloadable! Event matches, stages, stage builder parts, maybe even characters! Music too! I hope Sakurai changes his mind about this later. Seriously.

They didn't say they weren't going on DLC at all, just not at the moment. After they finish the game then they would reconsider it, hopefully.

They didn't say they weren't going on DLC at all, just not at the moment. After they finish the game then they would reconsider it, hopefully.

I SAID at the moment lol. I know they didn't say they weren't going to do it at all. xP

I actually would be kind of bothered if at this early stage in development they had stated there would be plans for DLC, because I'd feel like that meant they could intentionally keep stuff out just to add in it as DLC later, rather than add it during development. Announcing DLC in a finished/nearly finished game I'm fine with though.

I think DLC should be a later priority, as soon as Nintendo starts to get used to DLC, the more they're going to try to exploit it like all the other companies. DLC is corruption to the big apples of gaming.

"Why put it in the game when we could just sell for extra cash?!"

I SAID at the moment lol. I know they didn't say they weren't going to do it at all. xP

My bad, I sorta half read your post. Edited by Majestic Paladin

Kamina: Yeah, that's true. I hadn't thought of it that way. xP

So guys, so far, these are all the stages I really wanna see in the games:

Treacherous Mansion (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)

Kauku Caves (FE: Radiant Dawn)

Riven Bridge (FE: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)

Rolling Coaster Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2) and/or Rainbow Road (Mario Kart Wii) (The music too!)

Gusty Garden Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 1) (again, with the music!)

I also think that idea about Grima from Awakening's endgame sounds sweet too. ^^ The reason I say "and/or" for Rolling Coaster Galaxy and Rainbow Road is because the former is based off of the latter and are similar. I also would love to have the Buoy Base Galaxy music from the SMG games in too, because it's one of the few songs that was in BOTH and it's my favorite Mario tune!

Edited by Anacybele

Just a thought, but maybe reduce doesn't mean character cutting.

Looking at the Spirit Tracks, Arena Ferox and Gerudo Valley stages, they all look directly ripped from their game. No fancy textures added (aside from those platforms but that's really nothing honestly). I think by reduce, he means simplifying.

screen-9.jpg

Like look at the shield Samus is using. It lacks the metal ring that Brawl shields have.

I still expect to see cuts, because this is a fighting game with a large amount of characters. But the speculation about a mass cut honestly scream paranoia to me.