SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Considering that the trailer announcing that their was a trailer showed Mario, Link, Kirby and Zero Suit Samus, I'll be very surprised if she's gone.

((trailerception))

Also the only ones I think stand a decent chance at delaying the 3DS version are Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer, due to multiple AI that it requires. I don't see how transformations from Samus -> ZSS or Zelda -> Sheik would cause AI problems, which is supposedly the deal with their programming problems.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that the trailer announcing that their was a trailer showed Mario, Link, Kirby and Zero Suit Samus, I'll be very surprised if she's gone.

((trailerception))

Also the only ones I think stand a decent chance at delaying the 3DS version are Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer, due to multiple AI that it requires. I don't see how transformations from Samus -> ZSS or Zelda -> Sheik would cause AI problems, which is supposedly the deal with their programming problems.

Oh, yeah. Ice Climbers are confirmed! All I need is a Peach and Lucas confirmation and my mains are set.

Yoshi was oddly absent from the trailer. Out of the original 8 he was the only one missing. Do you think they changed him so much that Sakurai did not want to show him yet? Maybe involving Yarn Yoshi or Yoshi's New Island?

It'd be interesting if they somehow incorporated Baby Mario into his moveset, though I don't know if that'd make him better. =/

It'd be interesting if they somehow incorporated Baby Mario into his moveset, though I don't know if that'd make him better. =/

-shrugs- Yoshi has some solid moves on him he just needs a more solid moveset. After I saw Smash 4 Bowser the confidence for character's being changed up rose dramatically

Edited by Jedi

-shrugs- Yoshi has some solid moves on him he just needs a more solid moveset. After I saw Smash 4 Bowser the confidence for character's being changed up rose dramatically

Me too regarding Bowser but also with Pit getting apparently a whole new moveset I get the feeling several other returning characters will be a bit different this time. Dunno if Yoshi will be one of them. I think Luigi will for sure get the Poltergust and maybe some of his M&L moves (Thunderhand? :P).

Me too regarding Bowser but also with Pit getting apparently a whole new moveset I get the feeling several other returning characters will be a bit different this time. Dunno if Yoshi will be one of them. I think Luigi will for sure get the Poltergust and maybe some of his M&L moves (Thunderhand? :P).

Yeah, Pit's new stuff has me hyped for him even if I didn't use him much in Brawl. Also I'd love to see the thunderhand for Luigi. As well as the Poltergust

http://www.screwattack.com/news/smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds-will-not-support-cross-platform-play

Apparently costumes are not a thing, or will be, but not transferable... who knows.

It's interesting to think about. What does Sakurai mean exactly by customization? I doubt we'll know any time soon :/

skull kid huh

could very well be the twitter guy notifying his fans that someone from his poll (like the winner) is getting announced

still have more faith in the little mac et all happening tonight

or a bunch of veterans

I would love to see Sonic and Snake make a return. But I think they are as likely as Ike to return.

I think Sonic has a bigger chance then Snake to return. Considering Nintendo and Sega's recent deal for 3 Nintendo Exclusive Sonic games and Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U.

Got our new pic of today. Gives us a close up to Samus and a better look at this boxing ring stage. The ropes look like the ones in the Wii Punch Out!! Game, so Little Mac's chances ARE just that more likely

7ef83eac8a318fd309c26ad9704d3afa.png

Wow, love the detail on her arm cannon. Looks like I'll be maining Samus once again.

Skull Kid would be awesome, I have to admit. And it would give an MM remake a push, even though they don't want to make more Zelda remakes as if LBW isn't a LttP remake but that's for another thread

If this supposed announcement is about veterans, I expect Luigi, Mewtwo/Newtwo, and maybe Meta Knight, all with altered movesets.

Well, so much for that

Edited by Owain Dark

c4a617da915528be28ee28bc6dbb2be6.png

okay yeah anyways moving on

next nintendo direct is a zelda focused one in july, and the next one afterwards is in october

y u make this so far away nintendo? ;_;

The direct in July may show something smash related to Zelda, Ganondorf etc.

Also I'm sorry guys I led you on with that twitter post I should have done more of a background check on the guy. Apparently he is known for stuff like this.. :/ I'll be more vigilant in the data I give in the future.

Edited by Jedi