SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Hmm top 5 newcomers I want.

Shulk (Xenoblade)

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Palutena (Kid Icarus)

Chrom (Fire Emblem)

Dixie Kong (DKC)

I have 2 people I want to return from previous games. But I doubt will happen to some extent ^^;

Sonic and Roy haha.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skull Kid? Better than Ghirahim? lol, yeah right. Imo, anyway. Ghirahim is just amazing. Skull Kid is boring as shit and hasn't been seen in a game for years. And there is no MM remake, so fans wanting one means nothing. Also, Skull Kid doesn't actually HAVE any known moves. Ghirahim does. He'd be easier to work with.

Inb4 ghirahim can only walk with his hand raised to block an attack. Final smash is him turning into a sword and disappearing to another dimension, vanishing from play? =p

You guys have some pretty good character choices. Very vanilla, but I like it. This place seems much more mellow than SWF. I think I like it.

Even though I barely play FE. (Only own FE:SS)

You guys have some pretty good character choices. Very vanilla, but I like it. This place seems much more mellow than SWF. I think I like it.

Even though I barely play FE. (Only own FE:SS)

Well hey, one game is better then some of the Shin Megami Tensei fans who joined without any experience with FE. After the FExSMT crossover was announced lol.

...Skull Kid?! You MUST be joking! He's old news and hardly anything special. Ghirahim is the Zelda villain that needs to be in! Screw Skull Kid. He wasn't even technically a villain in the game he had a large role in, that was Majora. :/

I'm going have to disagree with you there, I'd like a moon-dropping Final Smash similar to Joshua's from The World Ends With You. That would be zetta cool.

And Skull Kid may not any sort of moveset... but Majora does. We could give HIM some of Majora's moves, that would actually be fantastic in my opinion. Or they could function as a sort-of duo - their B-down would have Majora pull itself away from Skull Kid and attack on its own.

Just because it's old doesn't mean its not relevant anymore. See Jigglypuff's recent reclassing.

As for the poll itself. People actually voted for Phoenix Wright. Well, Feenie's got a fighting game already and a round of court cases to solve, I think he'd be a bit too busy this year to participate. XD

My top five is this:

1. Rosalina (sadly, since she hasn't been in another mainstream game since SMG, I'm not sure this will happen. I DO want some Galaxy representation, but as long as Peach gets a costume swap or her or something, I'll be alright.)

2. Claus (give my favorite Mother character an even 200. I'll support you. :D)

3. Skull Kid&Majora (Now I want that so bad.)

4. Roy (I MISS MY REDHEAD LORD.)

5. Palutena (Because she's flipping awesome. The only thing is balancing her between Zelda and Peach...hmm.)

Six would be Chrom, but I have a distinct feeling that I don't have to worry about him.

Then you might as well add in Majora over Skull Kid, because those aren't Skull Kid's moves. Ghirahim would be unique, he's a popular character, and he's from a recent game. I think he has a better shot at getting in.

I didn't say Skull Kid wasn't relevant simply because he's old. I said he's irrelevant because he hasn't appeared in any games for a long time. Difference. xP

Edited by Anacybele

he's a main character

he's the main antagonist in majora's mask

just because he's not the hero doesn't make him any less of a main character

and there's not much different, in fact the ice climbers and pit had been irrelevant for much longer than he's been

take your bias elsewhere

majora wouldn't be there without the skull kid, so I'd say that makes him fairly main. in fact if they put him in, he'd probably be wearing the mask, and be using it to do all sorts of crazy things.

link is the main protagonist, not the main CHARACTER (look at me I can all caps too)

I'm not saying ghirahim is a bad choice for an addition, so put your blast shields down defensive girl. I'm simply saying it wouldn't be surprising if they included an earlier villain, if they included another Zelda villain.

Edited by Child of the Tenth Month

Then you might as well add in Majora over Skull Kid, because those aren't Skull Kid's moves. Ghirahim would be unique, he's a popular character, and he's from a recent game. I think he has a better shot at getting in.

Wii Fit Trainer is in. Do you honestly think Nintendo are following any sort of plan for putting in characters right now?

I hope one or both of the Battletoads make it in even though I think they belong to Rare. They haven't been on a non-Ninty console, so that would make them Nintendo characters, right?

If Skull Kid was in this game his final smash would be summing the moon to crash on the stage.

THIS

I think Skull Kid would be an amazing character, but I'd be fine if Ghirahim got in too. If only for the moon crashing final smash. Plus, Skull Kid was in 3 games, Ocarina, Majora, and Twilight Princess.

I don't care for Skull Kid. I care for Griharim even less. Keep that creep out of my Smash.

Either Toon Zelda/Tetra or Midna for a new Zelda rep or bust.

Sorry to interrupt the Zelda character talk but here is some news on the Adventure mode

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2013/06/15/so-how-does-mega-man-figure-into-the-adventure-modes-story-in-super-smash-bros/

You bring beautiful news, so interrupting is fine. XD

Slight disappointment, as I kind of liked Brawl's adventure mode... even if the story ended up being confusing as French toast because no one spoke. The Great Maze was really the only part I could complain about - THAT... was painful.

Subspace Emissary is one of those modes you play once, and then never touch it again unless it's on a different difficulty.

...yet it takes up half the game disc.

logic

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Subspace Emissary is one of those modes you play once, and then never touch it again unless it's on a different difficulty.

...yet it takes up half the game disc.

logic

He clearly thought people would like it more?

That plot made me so scrubby. ._. And yes, I pay attention to the plot in Nintendo games. Can't help it.

But what we're getting seems fine, so I'm cool with it. As long as we get some nifty new multiplayer toys I'm very happy.

Well even if you do like it (nothing wrong with that), there's no incentive to play it again beyond just liking it.

Like you can get all the rewards in one run.

At least with Melee's Adventure mode, you had to play it 25 times. :)

and i think it took less time to play Melee's Adventure Mode 25 times than it took to play SSE once. LPs of SSE are around 10 hours in length. If you take less than 25 minutes per character in Melee's Adventure mode, it's faster to complete Melee's adventure mode 25 times than it is to beat SSE once.

Well even if you do like it (nothing wrong with that), there's no incentive to play it again beyond just liking it.

Like you can get all the rewards in one run.

At least with Melee's Adventure mode, you had to play it 25 times. :)

and i think it took less time to play Melee's Adventure Mode 25 times than it took to play SSE once. LPs of SSE are around 10 hours in length. If you take less than 25 minutes per character in Melee's Adventure mode, it's faster to complete Melee's adventure mode 25 times than it is to beat SSE once.

Very true.

I'd played it twice, only to double back and make sure I got everything. ... And that's a bit unnerving, whoa. I blame the maze.

Oh, and Sakurai? Keep Tabuu AWAY from my consoles so I'm not tempted to SMASH them. Please? I may be a rare minority it took me countless times to beat him. >_< Random difficulty spike much?

Edited by Vashiane

I quite liked the Subspace Emissary, though I agree on this game not doing a repeat of it and returning to the old formula. After all, Smash Bros. is a fighting game, not a beat-them-up. Though I would like to see a SE-like adventure as it's own game... though the chances of that are pretty much null.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I thought the SSE was really fun! Though I agree that maze was annoying. I also liked how it showed just how epic and awesome Ike is! First showing up doing Aether and being the only character to successfully destroy a Subspace bomb! You the man, Ike! :D

Edited by Anacybele

I thought the SSE was really fun! Though I agree that maze was annoying. I also liked how it showed just how epic and awesome Ike is! First showing up doing Aether and being the only character to successfully destroy a Subspace bomb! You the man, Ike! :D

Ike is the man to end all other men. He's Sully.

The maze's best quality is how freaking creepy it is to play at night. Gods, chills everywhere. And I made SURE I got EVERYONE - because I had the misfortune to read the Nightmare Fuel page for SSB at Tvtropes and someone mentioned how if you don't save a character they're trapped in Subspace forever, unable to move, call for help or have any hope of being rescued.