SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

That's a funny way of spelling Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. :p

Edit: The best thing to come out of this reveal is that it puts an end to that stupid 4 characters per franchise myth. Though I'm worried her reveal will give more fuel to bandwagon support characters.

Well Pokemon and Zelda have more then 4 each.

They will probably get another each too..

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having two units shown from the same franchise one after another, when there were only two of them to begin with, sounds kinda very implausible… =/

And there were only two Mario veterans to show. Bowser and Mario himself were already shown in the initial E3 announcement. :/

The gameplay for Rosalina looks really great too. There aren't any other females with a disjointed hitbox (Nana excluded) which already sets her apart. The Luma partner seems to be both commandable but also AI controlled, which is cool. I'm glad her style is going to be really distinct.

640px-SSB4_Rosalina_screen-3.jpg

YESS!!! Rosalina is playable!!! I know which of the SSB4 newcomers I'm picking. =D

And here I was thinking I was being overly optimistic and hopeful of her chances of being playable. I think I'm actually more psyched up and happy about this than if Takamaru or Dillon (two of my most wanted SSB4 newcomers before the SSB4 E3 Trailer) would've been revealed.

Well Pokemon and Zelda have more then 4 each.

They will probably get another each too..

Pokemon probably, Zelda not likely. Honestly Zelda probably has more representation than it "needs."

Anyway, representation for the big franchises honestly doesn't interest me. Let's have more newcomers from series with little to no representation(i.e. Metroid, F-Zero, Golden Sun, "X series", Sin & Punishment, Punch-Out!!)

I just realized she has summonable Nanas.

Welcome to top tier!

Except the Lumas look like they can be separated from her and destroyed quite easily. They seem a bit like a blend of Nana and Olimar's Pikmin.

Rosalina make sense, I suppose. Five seems like too much for one franchise to me, especially in regards to limiting the number of player characters in total. I'm just wondering how this will effect the roster as a whole.

I'm a bit curious as to what they are going to do with the Pokemon roster. Pikachu is obviously in, and Jigglypuff has a good shot of remaining, though probably with some new fairy type attacks. I initially thought that Lucario would get cut, but he could definitely return with a Mega Lucario final smash, though the same could be said for Mewtwo and a bunch of other potential megas. Out of the 6th gen Pokemon to appear, Hawlucha could definitely work as a playable character. As for Pokemon Trainer, I think he's done for at this point.

Man would I kill for a Golden Sun character, or perhaps a Tales character. More RPG representation in general would be lovely.

Donnel should be playable

Edited by Village King

It seems a pick the right time to join the Rosalina badwagon. I'm so excited. I'm glad we got a wonderful newcomer.

The trailer also gives me hope for a Rainbow Road stage. It's not confirmed since the stage doesn't appear in the screenshots or in the gameplay in the trailer.

And there were only two Mario veterans to show. Bowser and Mario himself were already shown in the initial E3 announcement. :/

you are proving my point, you have Luigi, mario, peach, bowser. That's four characters from a franchise, Fire emblem has had two representatives at most at all times. How nonsensical would it be to reveal them one after another, in a four month timespan. if you reveal Marth, and there has only been one other FE character with him in smash at all times, it is completely illogical to reveal a second character of the same franchise again the next month.

See it as this: Mario's franchise has so many characters, it's like a 9 course meal, where you have two main course, two deserts etc.

Fire emblem is a 3 course meal, it is completely nonsensical to have a starter, a main course (FE REP), and then immediately after another main course(Another FE REP).

you are proving my point, you have Luigi, mario, peach, bowser. That's four characters from a franchise, Fire emblem has had two representatives at most at all times. How nonsensical would it be to reveal them one after another, in a four month timespan. if you reveal Marth, and there has only been one other FE character with him in smash at all times, it is completely illogical to reveal a second character of the same franchise again the next month.

See it as this: Mario's franchise has so many characters, it's like a 9 course meal, where you have two main course, two deserts etc.

Fire emblem is a 3 course meal, it is completely nonsensical to have a starter, a main course (FE REP), and then immediately after another main course(Another FE REP).

No, YOU are missing MY point. Mario and Bowser don't count because they were in the announcement trailer. Only Peach and Luigi remained as unrevealed Mario veterans. As did two FE veterans. And as I also said, Sakurai may be planning on a third FE rep, which I wouldn't be surprised of.

So happy that they finally announced a new character for Smash 4! And it's Rosalina no less. I totally called her inclusion into Smash! Now for Little Mac and Isaac!

ibdhafQK2nbzDj.gif

The range on the item grab is pretty great. That green shell was relatively far away.

And the Luma harassing Marth <3

I swear players are going to be pissed if they try to get a powerful item like the hammer

Question: Does the bolded statement mean you think we will only ever have 2 Fe characters per Smash game? Because that's pretty stupid.

Edit: and now for something completely different:

QZccFqh.gif

Edited by shinpichu

Rosalina seems broken as hell.

Of course she does. People said the same thing about Megaman and Villager. It's her reveal trailer, characters always look broken in their reveals.

...I hate that Mario still has that stupid FLUDD thing. It sucks and should've been replaced with something else.

Can't help but agree with you. I want the Tornado back.

Golden Sun needs something.. Even after Dark Dawn (Which I liked it was just not as awesome as the first 2)

I think a Golden Sun rep would be great! Although I think I am the only one who prefers Matthew to Isaac. But I would not mind either.

I think Awakening has allowed Fire Emblem to grow enough as a series to warrant 3 reps. I think an Awakening character would the best route to go.

I think all the Starfy fans out there might have to settle for Luma.

Edited by Viewtiful_J