SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I didn't expect to open up a can of worms simply mentioning Shadow Dragon's sales. =/

Anyways, here's what SF's FE12 FAQ says (likely from Vincent, who we should all know is crazy knowledgeable of FE):

Q) I heard this game isn't being localised. Please tell me this isn't so!

A) What you've heard is probably just fans jumping to conclusions. While Nintendo hasn't said they're localising the game yet, they haven't said they aren't going to do it. Also, don't listen to what some people say about Shadow Dragon hurting the series in the West - the game received strong reviews from the gaming press (gaining a respectable score of 81 on Metacritic as of 6th November 2010) and had good sales (over half a million copies sold in North America and Japan collectively).

I don't know if half a million sales is "good enough sales" for you guys, but that should clear up any issues on the disputes of Shadow Dragon's sales.

Anyways, regarding the rocket belt, R.O.B. using it would be one of the most ridiculously funny and redundant things ever, seeing how he's already got a rocket powered base. Though I have a feeling that Sakurai will likely change R.O.B.'s up special in a similar way he changed Pit's, in order to make his recovery less overpowered.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't live near the locations of any of the demos, the closest one is thirty miles away.

But as it happens, I have a meet on the 14th and it's in Toledo. And it's in the morning. So my brother and I get to play the demo! So much hype right now!

Edited by Necromancer Duck

Ike with a jetpack is hilarious.

In other news who is going to be glued to e3 to see who is revealed? :P

Me Me Me! I wonder what next features and chars will Sakurai reveal on it. Edited by Quintessence

ROB and Ness are coming back. Gaw too. They're guaranteed. As is everyone that's left except maayyyybe Wolf and Lucas. At this point I dont think anyone is a likely cut. If only sakurai would cut jigglypuff...now that's a waste of a slot. She was useless in Brawl and almost got cut :/

lol Ice Climbers are as good as confirmed since they were mentioned in an SSB article awhile back, plus the polar bear assist trophy. :P

I have faith in the Ice Climbers for reasons Ana just said.

As for Lucas, the Mother series has a low roster to begin with. I don't see them cutting Lucas. Just alter his moveset to differentiate Ness and him.

I'd much rather have someone replace Lucas since the series has a far better line up of characters than him, but since he is the main protagonist, that's not gonna happen. Still want Paula or Kumatora tho

Adding Jigglypuff will just overkill the Pokemon roster at this point.

Edited by Duke of Dozel

Jiggs is a veteran from 64 though. That alone gives her getting into Smash 4 superpowers :(. I'm not gonna lie, I want her to be cut, but it probably isnt going to happen :/

I have faith in the Ice Climbers for reasons Ana just said.

As for Lucas, the Mother series has a low roster to begin with. I don't see them cutting Lucas. Just alter his moveset to differentiate Ness and him.

I'd much rather have someone replace Lucas since the series has a far better line up of characters than him, but since he is the main protagonist, that's not gonna happen. Still want Paula or Kumatora tho

Adding Jigglypuff will just overkill the Pokemon roster at this point.

We still have less Pokémon then Brawl even with Jigglypuff due to the removal of Squritle and Ivysaur

I don't know why anyone thinks Jigglypuff or Ice Climbers might be cut. Jiggs is a 64 veteran and Ice Climbers are both a Melee veteran and representing their own series.

I also doubt R.O.B. will be cut since it represents its own...thing.

With Toon Link, Lucario, and Ike all confirmed, it's hard to expect any cuts, but Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Wolf, and Lucas are the ones I see on the cutting table.

I don't know why anyone thinks Jigglypuff or Ice Climbers might be cut. Jiggs is a 64 veteran and Ice Climbers are both a Melee veteran and representing their own series.

I also doubt R.O.B. will be cut since it represents its own...thing.

With Toon Link, Lucario, and Ike all confirmed, it's hard to expect any cuts, but Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Wolf, and Lucas are the ones I see on the cutting table.

this, though i can also see snake, wolf, and lucas coming back.

"ROB is a waste of a slot." AHAHAHAHAHA. (insert picture of toon link)

Toon Link would be less of a waste, imo, if he was based more off of the Four Sword games rather than TWW Link. Right now he's really similar to regular Link, as much as I like him. :/

I'd rather have Meowth over Jigglypuff due to relevance and better design, imo, but unfortunately, Meowth is still a Pokeball Pokemon and Jiggs is indeed an N64 vet. :(

I don't mind the fact that Toon Link is still a clone. Young/Toon Link where my mains so i'm glad he seems relatively unchanged. I know he could use wind waker weapons or something, but I just don't want him to.

As for cuts. I think they will either boot Falco or Wolf, but not both of them. I think Wolf is the more likely of the two.

I have a feeling Lucas will stay safe. I don't know why, but I just don't see him getting cut. Perhaps because the mother series only have two guys and I don't see them introducing someone else.

I would't object if they cut R.o.b. I thought mr. game and watch already filled the retro spot. I don't have anything against him. but i'm just a little meh about him.

The chances for Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't very high either.

I'm a massive Jiggs fan and would hate to see her cut just because her popularity as a Pokemon isn't as high as it used to be. She has a unique playstyle, she's a series vet, and she's easy to model and animate to the point where they could probably have her finished in days.

At this point I see the cuts being Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake.

And like PKL, I'm horrible with Link but Toon Link is one of my go-tos for Brawl. The difference in weight class and their difference in aerials makes me enjoy TL so much more.

Snake is probably the only character whose status is completely out of Sakurai's hands. If Konami lets him return, I'm 100% sure Sakurai will bring him back. If not, then obviously he's gone.

Giving Snake's grenades to Sheik is not a good sign, though. At least, if Snake's gone, maybe they can give a variant of his Final Smash to one of the Star Fox characters to break up the Landmaster monotony (instead of hanging out from a helicopter firing grenades, though, they'll fly in the front of the screen in an Arwing/Wolfen firing lasers).

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Falco is probably staying with Wolf being cut. The former has two Smash appearances behind him while the latter has only one. So Falco is more of a vet than Wolf is. Why cut him now?

I can use Toon Link and can't play Link at all. That should tell you how much different they are.

Same here. Link is one of my worst characters in Brawl because he feels so clunky and slow, without the power to back it up.

Same here. Link is one of my worst characters in Brawl because he feels so clunky and slow, without the power to back it up.

Link got a HUGE nerf in Brawl. He was my main in Melee, but in Brawl I had to stop playing as him because I was getting consistently destroyed by people I used to be about even with.