SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

It has to be directed in two different directions, so like up then right. You need not hit b-up again. You can mix and match angles. It's difficult to master I would say (at least in like melee) but it allows him to recover from really low points.

I recently got two of my friends into playing Smash, and both seem to focus on Pikachu. It's funny seeing them fall to their death because they can't properly use his recovery. Maybe they chose the wrong character to start off. xD

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cool to see so much interest in tournaments.

I'll be making a "tournament hub" thread and posting it around the 30th. You can sign up for the tournaments there. The first tournament will be on Oct 11. This will give people a chance to get familiar with the game and unlock any custom moves they want.

GAAAAAAAAAH I KEEP HITTING THE WRONG BUTTONS FUCK

xD

what the fuck i'm actually trying to use L to jump...? how does that even...

L and R are backwards. :|

Sometimes I jump instead of specials. Sometimes I just can't jump. WHICH BUTTONS DO WHAT /panic

It's fun, though, getting all mixed up. ...For now.

Holy shit I can actually do well in this game, unlike Brawl. Didn't think the 3DS version would be any good (I fucking hate the circle pad) but this is...pretty good. Button issues aside.

Eh, I think we should have separate threads for each tournament so things don't get cluttered, disorganized, and confusing. I was thinking that we should do a thread that compiles a list of all possible tournament ideas instead, but with the tournaments themselves being held in separate threads, the signups included. The idea list thread would then link to all the ongoing and finished tournaments and list the status for each one. Examples of statuses would be signups open, sign-ups closed, ongoing, finished, etc. The winners of each tournament would be listed as well.

I think I'll start by making that idea list thread. ;)

Fix'd

I watched Rey's lucina vs rockman videos and to be honest, he doesn't look like a heavy contendor. Short range lemons and sawblades are inferior weapontypes at a preliminary glance. His megablast looks decent though.

I was getting zoned though.

Eh, I think we should have separate threads for each tournament so things don't get cluttered, disorganized, and confusing. I was thinking that we should do a thread that compiles a list of all possible tournament ideas instead, but with the tournaments themselves being held in separate threads, the signups included. The idea list thread would then link to all the ongoing and finished tournaments and list the status for each one. Examples of statuses would be signups open, sign-ups closed, ongoing, finished, etc. The winners of each tournament would be listed as well.

so basically Doofina floats the idea of having tournaments and says he's planning on hosting/etc them, and then you decide you want to take over

classy

I think he should be in charge (including of the SSB4 Tournament HQ thread, if that's the format he chooses) unless he says he's not interested

so basically Doofina floats the idea of having tournaments and says he's planning on hosting/etc them, and then you decide you want to take over

classy

I think he should be in charge (including of the SSB4 Tournament HQ thread, if that's the format he chooses) unless he says he's not interested

*she.

That aside, a tournament sounds fun! I'd probably lose in the first round of it though... I'll try!

*she.

That aside, a tournament sounds fun! I'd probably lose in the first round of it though... I'll try!

Doofina is actually a he nitwit, then again you don't know him very well

classy

Uh, no. Where did I ever say I wanted to replace him/her/whatever this person's gender is? Doofina can do his/her own thing, I'll do mine. Besides, I actually had my idea in mind before I saw his/her post.

Also, I never said I wanted to host any tournaments, only make a sort of hub thread for them. Doofina can host all the tourneys he/she wants, I don't care. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Take a look at the FE Drafts thread. This should be handled very similarly to how we handled Drafting (and by that example, the FE Link Arena that Tables had worked on).

Someone remind me, how exactly does one escape a grapple? I can never seem to pull it off

You know, I was wondering this too, I can't ever seem to escape a grab either. >_<

Take a look at the FE Drafts thread. This should be handled very similarly to how we handled Drafting (and by that example, the FE Link Arena that Tables had worked on).

I don't understand drafting, so could you or someone else possibly explain it to me?

no it's on the eshop as of an hour and a half ago.

Silly Hatserah Miku

@Ana:

The subforum features a:

• Hub thread for discussion
  • Pinned [& Locked] thread for resources & logs, moderated by a select few users
  • Seperate threads titled accordingly for each Draft/Battle
    • In Drafting, we title them as [FE7] Keiran is Banned Draft, or something like that, Format wise. I'd suggest [sSB-3DS] 8 Player Tourney, or [sSB-WiiU] Timed Tourney, and operate out of that. Just name them if they have a theme or main purpose, or a gimmick or whatever
    • Each time you run a separate battle, log the results where they need to be logged, as a YouTube video or just a declaration, i dunno how miiverse recording and glory posting and all works
    • First post in the thread features all the rules and such

The drafting process itself isn't what i'm getting at; it's how drafts are run (or Link Arena battles, or even Mafia games in the Mafia subforums). Tables and I and a few others ran the Link Arena for a while, so as far as general moderation and datalogging and hosting goes, I've got experience with that and it's an easy enough process to standardize, allowing things like our mock-Tourneys to be easy to run.

Edited by Sara.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, September 19, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, September 19, 2014 - No reason given

--Sorry Doublepost

Edited by Sara.

Oh, I see, my bad. That sounds all fine and dandy to me. I'm just saying that what I was getting at is a thread that starts out as a tourney idea suggestion thread, but could later turn into a hub thread. If Doofina wants to make a separate thread to be the actual hub thread, that's fine too. I'm just suggesting that the tourneys themselves also be separate threads that can be linked in the hub thread so everything is more organized and all. Heck, if we have enough tourneys. this could warrant its own subforum... o.o

Escape from a grab? Move the analogue stick around. The higher your percent, the longer it takes for you to escape

I'm personally too scared to do it on my 3ds considering what the build of the control pad is like and i treat it very seriously.

I'm personally too scared to do it on my 3ds considering what the build of the control pad is like and i treat it very seriously.

That's fair enough. Maybe mashing buttons works as well? I'll have to try it out

EDIT: Apparently not

Edited by DodgeDusk

Breaking a grab and losing a game is not worth me breaking my 3DS control stick and having to open it up + buying the part.

Remember this?

http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-is-wrecking-some-peoples-3ds-handheld-1634549128

Edited by shadowofchaos

This is pretty much exactly word for word what I'm going.

It's not going to do me or you any favors by dividing this into two different threads. In fact, because our two threads will basically be the same thing, it'll make both of our threads less effective because they'll both be doing the same thing. If you're afraid that by having one person (me) running an HQ thread could result in that one person being the only one allowed to host tournaments, please don't worry as I've already got that covered.

However, if you have some ideas for how to handle tournaments, I'd love to hear them and so please PM them to me.

EDIT: Looking at Elieson's idea for a subforum, I think that'd be cool and a better alternative to both mine and Ana's ideas. However, I don't think a subforum is feasible right now as interest is still fairly limited in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Doofina

Uh, I said I didn't want to host any tournaments, so that's not an issue. xP

But didn't your post say that signups and tourneys would ALL take place in that hub thread? I'm saying these should be separate from the hub thread.

And I would rather let everyone hear my tourney ideas and be able to add their input, so no thank you.

Edited by Anacybele

My thoughts:

We already have a SSB Subforum. Create a Super Smash Brothers: Battle Headquarters thread. In this thread, include and discuss:

• A standardized set of rules for general matches and tournaments to adhere to
  • Compile a list of training guides and resources, so people who are unfamiliar with certain aspects of the game, or want to review certain topics or characters, can easily access them
  • A link or spoiler containing records of past matches, including results of Player, Character, Map and Winner
  • Requests for matches, setups for tournaments and a list of queued and upcoming matches, as well as scheduling for future matches such as monthly or bimonthly events.

Then, have separate Player- or Host- made threads for battles and tourneys in a format like what I mentioned earlier.

*edit*

Silly Doof, we're already in the Subforum, lol. It's not like we're talkign in FFtF

Edited by Sara.